LET'S DO WHAT THAT OTHER GUY DID
• Removing FOW, Status Staffs, Stone and Lockpicks because I hate them.
Look, chief, I'm sorry if you're butthurt. "Because I hate them" isn't a good reason to do things, ever. You can come up with good reasons to remove lockpicks (except then you have to make rogues non-redundant or something) but "because I hate them" is NOT a good reason. I am calling this POINT #1
from now on, and will mention it again.
• Some chapters will be made a little easier (5, 6, 11B and 14B mostly.).
Sure, whatever. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with 6 without FoW and I don't think 5 is exceptionally difficult (and I didn't think they were on my first play) but apparently I'm a genius. Also, if this is a balance overhaul (which it is) you should not be pointing to specific chapters yet. Overhaul the balance, see how things fall, THEN tweak chapters to suit your needs. 5 might end up just being a lolfest once you're done implementing everything else.
• Staff EXP increased hugely, to DS levels or beyond.
Because...why? If the answer is "because I don't like healers not fighting", POINT #1
. If you're not playing SUPER OPTIMAL EFFICIENCY MODE -E- it's not hard to get any healer (even l'arachel) to 10 and promote them. I could see maybe 10 Heal, 15 Mend and follow a trend like that but "hugely" increasing leads one to a situation where your healers outstrip everybody else vastly. And that's just as not-fun as your healers getting outstripped.
• Gender stuff: I will give all female classes with a male counterpart (i.e. Myrmidon) the same CON as the male version and both versions will have the same caps, taking the higher ones of each gender (i.e. Swordmaster has the male STR cap and the female RES cap). Also, enemies will be unisex. Also, either giving female mounties the male mountie Aid formula or giving both the infantry Aid formula.
Sure, fine, homogenize shit. I think it's dumb, you're going to call me a sexist pig, I'm going to call you a daft cunt, there we just had that entire argument and you didn't have to bother.
And if you're going to fully unsexistify this, give us female everything there's a male version of and male everything there's a female version of. Don't halfass it.
• Armors have 5 MOV, Generals have 6 MOV, Great Knights and Assassins have 7 MOV and Rogues have 8 MOV.
Half: sure, whatever. I'd up the basic footsoldiers (Myrms, maybe Archers) to 6 so that Armors are still slower than unencumbered soldiers (because that makes sense) but 4 MOV is painful. Rogue at 8 MOV though? What? Rennac can run as fast as any given horse or pegasus? If you want to help Rogue mobility, lower their terrain penalties drastically to represent their light kit or osmethne.
• Class skills: Myrmidon, Archer, Assassin, [acronym='Assuming I keep these two in...']Super Recruit and Super Pupil[/acronym] have the same critical bonus as Swordmaster and Berserker, though Archers would lose it from going Ranger and Myrmidons could lose it from going Hero (more on that in a bit). I might even replace Pierce with that same crit bonus (I still haven't gotten over Saleh getting Pierced by Valter and dying in my first playthrough. ). Warriors have the same terrain-crossing capabilities as Berserkers. Thieves and Assassins Pick the same way Rogues do in vanilla and Assassins can Steal the normal way. If at all possible I'd like to give Rogues the ability to Steal any enquipped thing (disregarding the Speed and "must be an item, not a weapon" restrictions) but that could require ASM.
Take away the unpromoted critical bonus. That should be only on promotion for Sniper/Sin. Pierce is fine as is - Saleh would have just gotten crit and died to Valter in that same scenario and again, POINT #1
. Warriors having the waterwalk means Warriors > Berzerkers unconditionally. This is balance? Assassins need to have a disadvantage compared to Rogues; if both can Pick and Assassins can Lethalize Rogues become utterly redundant and That's Not Balance. Rogues stealing equipped things is ...just ...why. Half the enemies in the game (the Slayable half) have weapons that would just break the game if you could Steal them (dark bishop moulder legit lol) or Rogues would still be < Assassins because there's nothing to steal except Irons for most of the game. That's Not Balance.
• Promotion changes: I might remove Merc to Ranger because I find it depressing, if I do I'll either leave Hero as the only choice or replace it with Merc to Swordmaster. I WILL replace Super Journeyman with Journeyman to Brigand (same promotion choices as Pirate but uses Hero Crests and of course has different CON and terrain-crossing compared to Pirate, like usual). I might replace Super Pupil and Super Recruit with Monk and Wyvern Rider (respectively). Priest to Druid or Summoner as a third option, Myrmidon to Hero as a third option (though I would have to grab the Hero F sprite from FE6 for Marisa).
Merc/Ranger removal: POINT #1
. I don't care that you don't find it unproductive; you should always have a reason for doing things beyond "I feel like it." I will hammer this into you as much as is necessary.
Journeyman to Brigand is asinine from a canon standpoint and pointless from a gameplay standpoint (oooh it's a pirate with like an extra con and no waterwalk?). Not that Super Journeyman is the epitome of good, but adding Brigand is just daft.
Super Pupil to Monk is just ...why. Again, same as the above one. Super Recruit to Wyvern Rider?
Priest to Druid/Summoner is just stupid from every logical standpoint. I'm sorry.
Myrmidon to Hero is ...also pretty daft but not as bad as every one of your other ones.
• General has C in all its weapon types, GK has D in all its weapon types, Warriors have D Bows, Hero MIGHT have E Axes but I'm very unsure about it. Might give Wyvern Lords Axes instead of Swords but that could be tricky.
• Give Recruit (2) high Speed and give Pupil (2) Anima/Light or Anima/Light/Dark, if I keep them.
Don't budget for fixing things that you're on the fence about removing; either plan to remove them or plan to fix them. It's inefficient to do both instead of tackling "should they exist". Also, how do you propose to give Recruit (2) high Speed? Give her like a 6-point promotion upgrade?
• Super Trainees don't have to be unlocked, if they're actually kept.
Sure, whatever, who really cares.
• Dancers have E Light because I don't like having them unable to fight.
Okay, this one. For the love of fuck, why? If you're going to give them weapons at all, just give them the classic FE Dancer weapon (it's swords - you may not have known) and be done with it. They're supposed to be shitty fighters, that's why they're support units. Since I suspect it's your whole reasoning (you practically said it), POINT #1
• I'd optimally like to change the way magic swords work and let people get unlimited S ranks (like FE6) but that could be tricky.
1: Change magic swords how, exactly?
2: Why multiple Ses? S actually matters in this game for things (the hit bonus representing a true mastery or osmethne) so you want units who can ...just master all weapons? Why? It's not like you're limited in picking WHICH weapon your units master unlike, say, FE10.
• General buffs to Light, Dark, Swords and Bows.
• Steel Swords and Steel Bows will give 2 WEXP.
• Steel Axe will be D rank.
• Short Bow will be 1-2 range. May or may not make Nidhogg 1-2 range too.
Lots of people float this idea around, so whatever. Not like it hasn't been said before.
• Blades will get enhanced Might/Hit with lower Weight and 3 WEXP for all of them.
So Blades are, what, Swords+? It sounds like they have no appreciable downsides compared to Swords anymore (let's make their positives more positive and their negatives less negative!). That's Not Balance.
• Devil Axe will be a bit lighter and very accurate (Akaneia style!) and I'd like to change its backfire formula to (21 - Luck)%, WITHOUT THE THING THAT PREVENTS IT BECOMING 0%!
Yeah, a Devil Axe that never backfires! Wait, what?
• General weight reduction for tomes, so that Light is lighter than Anima, Dark doesn't cripple everyone and S rank tomes aren't stupidly impractical.
ok whatever as long as it actually matters unlike the games where tome weight is < most magician's CON.
• All Light tomes have the same monster bonus as Ivaldi, but none of them override Slayer.
Jesus, no. Suddenly Artur is dishing 1RKOs on any monster ever. This is a wretched idea unless you intend to make Light suck against human enemies, and even then it's still a really shitty idea because Creature Campaign.
• Shamshir will be upgraded in every stat (including 60 uses) and made a personal weapon for Marisa. Gilliam will get a personal Axeslayer (it is to the Axereaver as the Swordslayer is to the Swordreaver). L'arachel will get a personal Staff (bright pink, higher use Mend with a massive EXP gain and 1-2 range).
Why not just buff them appropriately, rather than having super weapons? It makes a hell of a lot more sense.
• Dragonstone will DEFINITELY have infinite uses, and MIGHT have 1-2 range.
Probably the worst idea in the whole bunch. Do you realize that after a few levels Myrrh 1RKOs everything
? Do you really want players to have an infinite use 1-range 1RKO-everything-and-never-die flying machine? That's Not Balance.
If you're really butthurt about not getting to use Myrrh forever just make Dragonstones Secret Shop fodder.
• Different bonuses for statboosters.
Ooh, you've hit a point (the point is that luck sucks). Except, you're fixing it wrong. People would still probably vendor the Goddess Icon if it gave +5 LCK because Luck still sucks
. 2 Luck, 5 Luck, 7 Luck, it still sucks. Fix Luck, the statboosters are fine.
• Many are indirectly buffed or nerfed by the aforementioned changes.
no shit, you don't say?
• Seth is now a General with the same bases (with the exceptions of A Axes but 0 Luck) but very low growths (15% HP, 10% STR/DEF/SPD, 5% everything else).
HEY EVERYBODY CRASH HATES JEIGANS
wow isn't that a surprise
And if your response is "that's what jeigans are SUPPOSED to be" kindly fuck off.
• Neimi now has high offensive bases and marginally better defensive ones.
• Lute has higher bases.
Why does Lute have higher bases?
• The trainees have higher bases and growths (Ross slightly so, Ewan and Amelia EXTREMELY so) and they all will have VERY Luck (including 100%+ for all three of them).
Luck still sucks, dude. Also, if you give them higher bases, they're going to be ...regular Tier 1 units with higher growths and extra levels to grow? That's Not Balance.
• Gilliam has somewhat higher stats (mainly Speed).
Do you not understand what an Armor Knight is
• Marisa has MUCH higher stats (still starting at a lower level than Josh but with bases that beat him at a higher level and better growths than him in literally everything).
Oh so you're buffing Marisa a lot AND giving her a PRF weapon. That's a good, balanced idea./sarcasmwait why am i turning sarcasm off i'll probably need it again
• Dozla and Syrene having halfway decent stats.
Sure, they need it.
• L'arachel with higher bases, growths and starting level (Yep, I'm BUFFING her!).
And a PRF weapon. See Marisa. And higher Staff XP (much higher!) so she promotes faster and
• Tethys with exsitent stats.
She's a Dancer.
• Knoll having better stats.
ok he needs it
Think, dude. I think I provided enough up there that you won't just say "OH INTEG HATES THIS BECAUSE IT'S BY ME" but half of your changes are seriously illogical, a third are just retarded and the remaining are just shit people have said before.