Rate the Unit, Day 16: Bord

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Draug: 8.14

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by *Narshen*

Not recruited/10 Ok, in the case that hes actually recruited, he has instant hammer like in the other game and his spd isnt as bad as in the other game. He is still very smelly though. 2/10

Bord, unlike Cord, has an actual weapon rank. Thank goodness.

Bord should be reclassed to Pirate to have a decent spd growth of 50 %. He's not very reliable, but at least he can hammer them knights. He's not too bad this time around. 5/10

Edited by Marth

His recruitment time Bord me. The only saving grace is instant Hammer, but his non-existent Spd and durability just makes it painful to use him. I remember trying to use him in H1 and he was kind of getting rolled on.

3/10.

For fucks sake people, these topics are the biggest fucking nonsense ever. You people are seriously giving a unit who has a 50% speed growth as a pirate who comes in chapter 3 a 1/10? What is wolf gettin?

I call bullshit on every single topic, i will be looking through all these topics, in the rules it fucking says you have to give a credible reason. If you dont give a credible reason you will be notified. The last fucking post in the palla topic is "yes 10/10". For fucks sake hat is not a good reason, and t should not be counted. This topic is the biggest load of crap so far! Bord deserves at least a 5. Fors sake, all these topics, apart from my unit, are freaking shit.

Okay I guess my credibility doesn't allow me to rank Bord a 3/10...

Also, here's a fun fact: a lot of characters have a 50% Spd growth in Pirate too. It isn't hard with Pirate giving 30%. Furthermore, Bord has an absolute Base Spd of 0. That's fucking terrible when most characters at this point at least have some! And this topic assumes H2, which enemies aren't that far off from their Lunatic counterparts. Armor Knights had 9-10 AS at this point of the game, you think Bord is going to double them with his 8 AS in H2!?!

For fucks sake people, these topics are the biggest fucking nonsense ever. You people are seriously giving a unit who has a 50% speed growth as a pirate who comes in chapter 3 a 1/10? What is wolf gettin?

I call bullshit on every single topic, i will be looking through all these topics, in the rules it fucking says you have to give a credible reason. If you dont give a credible reason you will be notified. The last fucking post in the palla topic is "yes 10/10". For fucks sake hat is not a good reason, and t should not be counted. This topic is the biggest load of crap so far! Bord deserves at least a 5. Fors sake, all these topics, apart from my unit, are freaking shit.

You're an idiot. Bord isn't the only candidate to be a pirate, and aside from a 25% skill growth lead over Cord (AND A 5% str lead), he is losing to Cord by 20% spd.

Hell, Warren has superior growths alla around, but has a 5% loss on spd from Bord, and more hp, def, str, res, and even skill.

Draug has what, an 80% growth on spd, as a pirate? And comes earlier? Call that out why don't you. Bord's 50% spd growths as a pirate is pitiful compared to most other Class B units.

Bord had an unnecessary C rank in axes. And he's all around average, which is dissappointing. I'll rate a great unit great, a suck unit low, and an average unit somewhere between 2 and 8, depending on practicality and neccessity. Bord isn't a high demand unit.

3.75, because around average with a suck spd growth, and I'd make anyone else a pirate over Bord.

Edit

Did you notice only one person gave a 1? Or is you "people" an assumption of what is to come.

Edited by Elieson

H2

Nitpick: H1 actually, but enemies are not that terrible in H1 either. I'm pretty sure 8AS doesn't even double much in H1.

Not gonna rate him since I've honestly never bothered with him. He doesn't stand out statistically, he's not particularly attractive or badass, and he doesn't have much in the way of personality (at least that I know of, it doesn't help that supports are in a language that I kinda can't read). Could care less about this guy.

He comes with a Hammer is not a great argument... neither the factthat most of the tyime he wont be recruited... and his brothers dont cost turns... and hamer use isnt that great 'cause you have wing spear/rapier... and Hammer is only really needed on the Bridge (chapter 9),

And Cord is better than him!... (in a land where you can forge axes yeah!)

2/10

1334324609[/url]' post='1937297']

You're an idiot. Bord isn't the only candidate to be a pirate, and aside from a 25% skill growth lead over Cord (AND A 5% str lead), he is losing to Cord by 20% spd.

Hell, Warren has superior growths alla around, but has a 5% loss on spd from Bord, and more hp, def, str, res, and even skill.

Draug has what, an 80% growth on spd, as a pirate? And comes earlier? Call that out why don't you. Bord's 50% spd growths as a pirate is pitiful compared to most other Class B units.

Bord had an unnecessary C rank in axes. And he's all around average, which is dissappointing. I'll rate a great unit great, a suck unit low, and an average unit somewhere between 2 and 8, depending on practicality and neccessity. Bord isn't a high demand unit.

3.75, because around average with a suck spd growth, and I'd make anyone else a pirate over Bord.

Edit

Did you notice only one person gave a 1? Or is you "people" an assumption of what is to come.

Did you ever read these?

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

Most of the votes in this fucking topic shoudl be disquallified. Like other topics as well, but fuck, no one seems to care. I'll rate every single unit a freaking ten just so their average goes up a bit... >_>

I'll rate every single unit a freaking ten just so their average goes up a bit... >_>

But if you provide poor evidence and reason behind your vote, then it might be thrown out.

Think about it!

But if you provide poor evidence and reason behind your vote, then it might be thrown out.

Think about it!

"Can go cavalier for horse and WTC"

"Can go pirate for super speed growths"

"Can go draco after promoting for flying and WTC"

can sum up every single character if you want to give them high ratings. I saw it for Ryan and Gordin. ._.

"Can go cavalier for horse and WTC"

Can be a terrible option due to Cavalier's shoddy growths and having double Es possibly, not to mention the stat structure might not match with certain characters (Bord).

"Can go pirate for super speed growths"

That's only for Males, there's 1 slot for it, and it still requires some base stats to be good with it.

"Can go draco after promoting for flying and WTC"

That's only if they can reach promotion without fighting through everyone else first.

I love the fact that narshem said this in the first topic:"I wouldn't like to do a difficulty where half of the characters are basically rendered useless. H2 is even pushing it a bit!"

Her we get the posts that are in contradiction with the rules or at least partially:Partial ones i dont mind that much, like the first one just below here, because it still has a sufficient explanation. However, the fact that these things dont get pointed out even though they are are against the rules pisses me off.

"You can reclass her to a mage and get an earlygame magic user who has zero durability(which is ok, I guess. She'll become a pain in the ass later on, however) or you can reclass her to peggy. She's kinda good in this class, but she doesn't hit as hard as Cavalier/Paladin and is EVEN LESS durable. She's fairly medicore, her good growth being spd really.In fact I think a lvl 3 Luke/Rody have better or equal stats to Cecil. Her bases in Str and Def are poor and the growth's aren't fantastic either. Plus she can't abuse the pirate class for growths like how males can. Cain/Luke are much better sword using cavaliers(and Cain's bases are better considering this is H1 and overkill spd is not in much demand). Cecil cant really compare to Caeda(wing spear), Palla(insta Silver Lance) and Catria(haxgrowth unit). She's good in drafts, but I'm not considering a draft for my rating. She's just deent, but does not have game breaking potential."

"I personally prefer Cecil over Luke and Rody. She brings a lot of items just when you're about to run out and her access to a lady sword makes her stronger than the other two. She may take a while to train up and that, but I find her a decent unit to use. But there and again, I'm biased to the 'original crew'."

"1/10 Ryan is better in every way and it's not like you need alot of archers. "

"Really good but palla is better. 9.5/10"

"mai other waifu "

"Joins underlevelled when you already have trained characters from the prologue, and his speed is inadequate for him to perform any function besides chipping with arrows. "

"Improved his speed from the old version. But still doesn't justify the fact that his luck stinks. As he will suk at avoiding. Sort of. And will hardly be of no help in the desert chapter for finding items. He can only supprt with My Unit and Catria. I usually just kill him. As he is of no use; and doesn't impact anything upon his death. An infantry, commoner, nothing more.""

"You see, cord in FE11 was actually useful since he had an existent spd growth and his str growth was the best out of the three fighters you get in the beginning. Here? He sux balls. He has an E rank with every darn weapon, has an inferior str to Barst and Bord(and Fighter! Luke/Rody would be better), and his only selling point is his Spd growth, which is kinda nice, and yet it matches Luke's growth. See, E rank is one thing, but okish growths and bases is another. In fact, I'm interested to know how Fighter! Yubello would fair against Cord, oonsidering he forfeit's 20% str growth for a 20% def growth lead."

"Cord's a generic 2/10 "

"Too good. 10/10"

"mai waifu"

"sexy and amazing

10/10 "

"10/10 for obvious reasons . "

"10/10

yes "

"Everything everyone else said blahblah blah, hate the speedgrowth, and deduct points on that more than others as i have mentioned in catria topic. 8.4, the -1 bias is included, stupid spd growth fucking me over all the fucking time fuck work fuck weedspraying and fuck my job"

"He comes with a Hammer is not a great argument... neither the factthat most of the tyime he wont be recruited... and his brothers dont cost turns... and hamer use isnt that great 'cause you have wing spear/rapier... and Hammer is only really needed on the Bridge (chapter 9),

2/10 "

And most of the other freaking posts in this topic because its mostly about him being inferior or not recruited. Well, the rules are really being folowed.

I love the fact that narshem said this in the first topic:"I wouldn't like to do a difficulty where half of the characters are basically rendered useless. H2 is even pushing it a bit!"

Her we get the posts that are in contradiction with the rules or at least partially:Partial ones i dont mind that much, like the first one just below here, because it still has a sufficient explanation. However, the fact that these things dont get pointed out even though they are are against the rules pisses me off.

"You can reclass her to a mage and get an earlygame magic user who has zero durability(which is ok, I guess. She'll become a pain in the ass later on, however) or you can reclass her to peggy. She's kinda good in this class, but she doesn't hit as hard as Cavalier/Paladin and is EVEN LESS durable. She's fairly medicore, her good growth being spd really.In fact I think a lvl 3 Luke/Rody have better or equal stats to Cecil. Her bases in Str and Def are poor and the growth's aren't fantastic either. Plus she can't abuse the pirate class for growths like how males can. Cain/Luke are much better sword using cavaliers(and Cain's bases are better considering this is H1 and overkill spd is not in much demand). Cecil cant really compare to Caeda(wing spear), Palla(insta Silver Lance) and Catria(haxgrowth unit). She's good in drafts, but I'm not considering a draft for my rating. She's just deent, but does not have game breaking potential."

"I personally prefer Cecil over Luke and Rody. She brings a lot of items just when you're about to run out and her access to a lady sword makes her stronger than the other two. She may take a while to train up and that, but I find her a decent unit to use. But there and again, I'm biased to the 'original crew'."

"1/10 Ryan is better in every way and it's not like you need alot of archers. "

"Really good but palla is better. 9.5/10"

"mai other waifu "

"Joins underlevelled when you already have trained characters from the prologue, and his speed is inadequate for him to perform any function besides chipping with arrows. "

"Improved his speed from the old version. But still doesn't justify the fact that his luck stinks. As he will suk at avoiding. Sort of. And will hardly be of no help in the desert chapter for finding items. He can only supprt with My Unit and Catria. I usually just kill him. As he is of no use; and doesn't impact anything upon his death. An infantry, commoner, nothing more.""

"You see, cord in FE11 was actually useful since he had an existent spd growth and his str growth was the best out of the three fighters you get in the beginning. Here? He sux balls. He has an E rank with every darn weapon, has an inferior str to Barst and Bord(and Fighter! Luke/Rody would be better), and his only selling point is his Spd growth, which is kinda nice, and yet it matches Luke's growth. See, E rank is one thing, but okish growths and bases is another. In fact, I'm interested to know how Fighter! Yubello would fair against Cord, oonsidering he forfeit's 20% str growth for a 20% def growth lead."

"Cord's a generic 2/10 "

"Too good. 10/10"

"mai waifu"

"sexy and amazing

10/10 "

"10/10 for obvious reasons . "

"10/10

yes "

"Everything everyone else said blahblah blah, hate the speedgrowth, and deduct points on that more than others as i have mentioned in catria topic. 8.4, the -1 bias is included, stupid spd growth fucking me over all the fucking time fuck work fuck weedspraying and fuck my job"

"He comes with a Hammer is not a great argument... neither the factthat most of the tyime he wont be recruited... and his brothers dont cost turns... and hamer use isnt that great 'cause you have wing spear/rapier... and Hammer is only really needed on the Bridge (chapter 9),

2/10 "

And most of the other freaking posts in this topic because its mostly about him being inferior or not recruited. Well, the rules are really being folowed.

Sal u mad?

I think u mad.

You should take these topics less srsly and use a less ugly color for your posts.

I think you forgot this post:

Incredibly bad piece of shit. Smells like shit and looks like one of those assholes from River City Ransom

1/10

I mean, if you want something serious, make your own rating topic.

So sal, if we are rating units, don't we need to compare them to something else? I mean, if every single other unit on the game does something he does, but worse, then we can give a rating represented by comparative results. This isn't Fire Emblem Bord Solo, after all.

Bord is a below average unit, and the limited slots on your team will likely be filled with superior units. Sure, I said X, Y, and Z do his job, but better. but by your logic, he should be rated as a stand alone unit, and not a team unit. If he is such a good pirate, what is everyone else, whi does it better, fucking doing?

Palla got 10s all around because she is statistically a superior unit. Bord has redeeming qualities of C axes and mediocre bases/growths....yea.

Edited by Elieson

I remeber in Gfaqs where Silvan in FE11 rated horace 0/10 after he got 3 awesome scores... I almost cry but didn't said anything because it was his opinion on the character... It wasnt fair.

Why I wrote that you say?

Because it doesn't matter if the unit deserve its tens or Zeros there is always someone that will have a different viewpoint as another example FE11 Jeigan rate!

So Vicious Sal do not expect everyone to post a wall text of facts on a unit where probably anyoneknows what is capable of, or this as a tier list!, this rate threads are not even that serious! Hence the guy in Gfaqs who gave devdan a 10!

So calm down for your and our sake.

He comes with a Hammer is not a great argument... neither the factthat most of the tyime he wont be recruited... and his brothers dont cost turns... and hamer use isnt that great 'cause you have wing spear/rapier... and Hammer is only really needed on the Bridge (chapter 9),

2/10

Ahem. . .

Cord costs a turn.

Hammering is useful during Chapter 15, 18, and 20, too. Especially Chapter 18.

I think you forgot this post:

I mean, if you want something serious, make your own rating topic.

I didn't forget it because Dark Sage has not made one actual post in these topics that wasnt a troll. Take a look a Linde's topic for example.

And what are these topics for then? Handing out random numbers just for fun? I kinda thought this was an undertaking which had some effort put into it. Guess I was wrong. Although I would like to hear what Narshen has to say about that, judging by the rules he has I think it wasnt just a troll effort. I'll open a serious rating topic in far from the forest.

EDIT: @ Elieson: I didn't post those rules.

@ Pkl: And would it be that much effort to say why she is too good?

@ Eliot: You are saying you have to respect peoples opinions, and at the same time you are trying to say to me I shouldn't state my opinion on these topics like that. Go figure.

Edited by Vicious Sal