[FE4] Rate the Unit XLIV
Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 PM
Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)
- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.
- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.
- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.
- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.
- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!
- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!
- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.
-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.
Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):
Fin (First Generation): 7.88
DAY 44: SHANAN
Shanan's that really awesome unit you get and he wrecks face all game. He has Meteor Sword, Pursuit, Continue, and Balmung. With Balmung (which takes zero effort to get, because legit you have Patty/Daisy talk to him, and she's right there damn it) he faces <10 hitrate from the Dark Mages, and he usually ORKOs them. This epicness continues throughout the game, because he has one of the best skill combinations in the game, and, on top of that, a sword that increases his dodge and also his Continue and Meteor Sword activation by, well, a lot.
Despite being a foot unit, he's the cream of the crop. Only Levin!Sety can argue to be better than Shanan when it comes to being a footie (dancers don't count). He dodges everything and kills everything.
Also, Odo line makes him awesome. +.5 yay
7.75/10 including bias
Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:14 PM
So I was gonna do this yesterday and then I closed Firefox and raged too much at it to retype.
this happens to me like twice a day
Shannan has overkill combat from the moment he joins, is slowed by being a foot unit a bit, and slowed more by status staves. Still, his evasion is through the roof with Balmung, as is his combat.
8/10 with bias since he's a cool motherfucker
that rating was repetive but oh well
Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 PM
He's awesome. Major Odo with the Balmuk are great. However, he has the problem of being a footie, so by the time he gets anywhere, odds are Aless, Celice and Co. have already killed a good number of the enemies. But he is one of the best footies ever, losing probably only to Sety. He also has epic evasion.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:18 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:35 AM
Edited by Parco Folgore, 13 April 2012 - 02:35 AM.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:46 AM
on foot s a -3,+1 for a Balmung.
8/10 + 1 bias for being really sexy.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:08 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:48 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:43 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:55 AM
Shanan gets a 9.5/10 from me. He kills pretty much everything at 1-range and very rarely gets hit. And while FE4's AI is weird and will sometimes attack him at 1-range despite having 2-range (Mage sisters), it's still a point against him. Plus he gets a bit bothered by the Dark Mages in Chapter 10 and F.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:30 AM
But still on foot.
But still Jesus.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:25 AM
One of the best foot units. Great evade thanks to Balmung and kills everything he faces. Not having a horse hurts him though.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:12 PM
But in all seriousness
Edited by Esaka, 13 April 2012 - 01:12 PM.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM
Edited by Flock of Geese, 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:02 PM
Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:20 PM
Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:42 PM
Lakche got a biased 8? Shanan gets an 8.5, no bias. He's a good fighter and kills things but he's also a footsie (suk). But he has the added benefit of neutralizing Arion without you the player having to do fuck-all, which I do like.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users