Rate The Unit, Day 17: Kieran

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Knight Ward to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.154

Shinon: 3

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.152

Rhys: 5.315

Gatrie: 5.463

Mia: 5.708

Mist: 6.413

Mordecai: 6.547

Lethe: 6.75

Boyd: 8.293

Ike: 8.567

Oscar: 9.075

Marcia: 9.36

Titania: 9.91

I guess I'm taking over this until PKL is less busy. I haven't tallied up Volke yet.

Green text on Rajaion Red. Oy...

Kieran, that overenthusiastic knight of Crimea. Believes himself to be rival to Oscar.

Pros:

Good defense.

Good strength.

Not a bad base level.

Mounted/Paladin.

Cons:

May need some BEXP to catch up.

Speed isnt fantastic.

Kieran...i love this guy. Hes just so funny. He ends up with an axe in his head and goes "yeah that smarts!" lawl. You like axing things in the face? Cuz thats what Kieran is all about. Axing things in the face. He comes at about level 12 or so (i think) and at a decent time. He may need a little push to get going though but overall, not TOO much. His supports with Oscar are funny and since they are (or will be) the same class, they will be double teaming the murder so its not a bad idea to have them support. It helps with Kieran's avoid too! Once he promotes, oh hell yes. We all know how wrong Paladins get in this game so having one more is always welcome. I also found hes a pretty good unit to have Provoke on. Since Kieran has good defense, he can take a hit and then counter with an axe in the face. Yeah. I like Kieran. His speed isnt awesome to start with and ravens will double him but that defense helps him not die.

7/10. 8/10 bias because i just find him hilarious and love using him.

I think that once Kieran starts doubling, he has the best straight up combat on your team, other than Boyd. Jill and Marcia have flying, but Kieran has awesome Strength, good durability, a horse, and supports with two other good mounted characters, Oscar and Marcia. He gets a 10/10 from me, because I think penalizing him for not flying is stupid.

Hmmmm... High offense, great defense, high movement... I really think Kieran is great... As a unit.

I dislike his personality though. I mean, frick, the guy practically walks into weapons and I always hated boastful/showy men in FE games.

10/10 - 1 personality.

9/10 Total

Inb4 Frostbite explodes into a 10/10, 400 times.

•Stuff above me•

9.5/10. I fault him only for not being controllable on his joining chapter

Someone who is full of himself and his comical stories. I would luv to debate him. Okay he gets good growths in HP. Has a chance to cap in Str and Skill. You can expect him to crit alot later. Vantage might make him better too for the frontlines. :unsure:

Should support him with Oscar and nobody else. Looks to me that he will be equal statwise to Oscar but Str. Which Kieran will excel a bit more in. Oscar has a .5 chance more of getting skill than Kieran. Kieran just needs Vantage and he will be good to go. :lol:

NM

9.5/10

HM

9/10

Edited by リンダ

10/10 for being good at killing things, being durable, having good supports with Oscar and Marcia, and being a paladin which means high MOV and knight ward access. I honestly can't think of a reason why you wouldn't use him. Bias already factored in for knitting during his Rhys support which I never use, but find funny regardless.

*Sees this rating thread* Ahh.... AHH!! Must... resist... urge to... fanboy! AGHHH! *succumbs to sheer fanboying*

Inb4 Frostbite explodes into a 10/10, 400 times.

*lights self up cause I have firecracker rockets on my back*

So... Let's see... Kieran

This guy here is a mounted unit with good stats to boot; he has great offenses; access to 1-2 range; can decimate enemies not named mages thanks to physical durability and can dodge thanks to supports with Oscar! Yeah... yeah... Wind is awful in Tellius; but at least he gets a sliver of dodge from it!

Sure, he may need BEXP; but at least he can catch up a bit; and remember to slap a nice speed band just in case things get messy. Oh, and he has KW access.

Also, promotion... Hmm.... Swords are kinda too much already. Hence leaving him to get Lances (Useful if you want to take out those pesky sword users and those oh-god-annoying swordmasters!) or Bows (So he can have a ball with the flyers by simply blicking them off the skies!)

Oh, sure... He may sound cocky; but in my eyes... His ego is the highlight of his personality! Funny? Check... Reckless resulting to more LULZ? Check! LULZY Supports? CHECK!

And because of that; combine his in-game performance and his... *ahem* personality that knocks me off my chair laughing till I explode like a nuclear missile.

I shall bestow my DIVINE JUDGEMENT with a rating of...

*drumrolls*

*flies into the sky and explodes 400 times with the largest fireworks display ever; and explodes in a nuclear blast*

Edited by Frostbite

Oh, Keiran. What can I say about him? Good base level, good stats for his level, good growths, access to the best weapon type in the game. Pretty good availability. And very possibly my favorite male FE character. Anyone who's dedicated enough to keep training with an axe in his head is A-okay with me. 9/10 (legitimate this time. His availability loses him about half a point, and not starting invincible, like Titania, loses the other half). But +1 bias so 10/10

You've already got three of the best mounties in the game, and another one joins in two chapters. Then we have Kieran. He's Oscar with more Strength, and axes at base. He can easily become Titania Lite after promotion, and he uses that nice Short Axe you just acquired at base. I don't consider him as good as Jill, Marcia, and Titania, but he's definitely up there.

Basically, if Boyd had a horse, he'd be Kieran.

9.25/10

You've already got three of the best mounties in the game, and another one joins in two chapters. Then we have Kieran. He's Oscar with more Strength, and axes at base. He can easily become Titania Lite after promotion, and he uses that nice Short Axe you just acquired at base. I don't consider him as good as Jill, Marcia, and Titania, but he's definitely up there.

Basically, if Boyd had a horse, he'd be Kieran.

9.25/10

I don't know why, but I read that as 'If Boyd was a mountie'.

Good growths and movement. His support affinity is among the worst, but he can still get a good support with Oscar and Marcia. He might want some BEXP to get started.

9/10

Seems pretty explanatory, only my rating for Kieran is a 9.5/10, since he's hilarious.

PROS:

-high movement

-canto

-supports Oscar and Marcia

-good STR and DEF

-Knight Ward access for high SPD growth

CONS:

-umm.... I guess im gonna need to nit-pick....

-needs a couple LVs of Bexp and a forge to get going

-doesnt fly

-cant shove (I said I was gonna nit-pick!)

Kieran is a top 5 unit. Axes are good and he can get Lances for those pesky sword wielding enemies.

8.75/10 - Slight availability gap puts him behind Oscar, but being a Paladin puts him ahead of the rest.

Well then he'd have to be Canadian too.

I was gonna post a link to a topic where someone wen through the script and showed how many times they used "eh," but I can't find it. Anyway, evidently Tellius is located in Canada.

9.5/10

Great bases, class, can get to silver axes before other pallies.

Only problem is that there isn't enough of him, and his chance of getting meh-ish spd early on.

I was gonna post a link to a topic where someone wen through the script and showed how many times they used "eh," but I can't find it. Anyway, evidently Tellius is located in Canada.

(Note: Excludes supports)

Maijin: Ah, not going to cooperate, eh?

Petrine: So the girl, like her dead father before her, seeks the friendship of those hairy devils, eh?

Petrine: So you're the commander, eh?

Ranulf: Going to Begnion, eh?

Volke: So that's your plan, eh?

Black Knight: So you were the one traveling with the beast king, eh?

Maid: Still no reaction, eh?

Ike: So this is how you want to play it, eh?

Tibarn: So that's the truth of it, eh?

Ike: General, eh?

Naesala: One of Tibarn's flock, eh?

Volke: Finally scraped it together, eh?

Ike: So this is the Daein capital, eh?

Tauroneo: The Black Knight, eh?

Ashnard: So the capital's fallen, eh?

Ashnard: So he's decided on the princess and not the prince, eh?

Ranulf: Oh, um... Nice weather, eh?

Haar: So you're still alive, eh?

Lucia: So the enemy's found us, eh?

Caineghis: That's the whole of it, eh?

Ashnard: Oh, the hawk king is getting involved, eh?

Black Knight: Gawain's daughter, eh?

Izuka: Standing guard, eh?

Izuka: Important, eh?

Soldier: Oh, you don't like this, eh?

Naesala: Yeah, I haven't changed much, eh?

Naesala: Tibarn and friends, eh?

Ike: The country of the hawk tribe, eh?

Sephiran: Ever the humble one, eh?

As for my actual rating, I give a 9.5/10. His speed takes some levels to pick up, and being available earlier would've been nice, but being a Paladin with good stats and axes in first tier is damn good.

Edited by Albino