Rate the Unit, Day 19: Wrys

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

He makes my unit go bald with a stupid question, and since my Japanese is very elementary, I always say yes to everything and go bald because of him, so there is a negative bias there. Stats are pretty meh. At least he can heal, but in this game that isn't really an advantage because of reclass.

4/10

Ok healer. Hard to recruit him though. Since he is positioned near a force of Iron Clads. In the lunatic mode, it is about impossible. He's an ok healer otherwise.

2/10

Edited by リンダ

Wrys is just another darn healer.. Wrys' speed just blows, its not worth using him in any case. Sucky base stats, sucky growths, and you can't even redeem him by reclassing.

2/10

Can you say outclassed? In truth, you do get him pretty early but the poor guy just does not have the stats to hold up; especially in the higher difficulties.

A reclass to Mage helps a little (in all honesty it just fixes his Mag and he still gets outdone everywhere else statwise), but by the time you can get him back in 3x Malessia's going to be way ahead of him statwise due to just better growth rates on her part. So he's most likely going to be riding the pine instead of getting any real use.

3/10

I guess it's time for some Wrys Fun Facts!

The first fun fact: Wrys can kill Gharnef. No, it's not a joke. Does it take resources? Well of course it does!

If you can invest two Seraph Robes, use the Pure Water, and pump all the Spirit Dusts onto him (I counted 5), he can 4HKO Gharnef at 20/6 as a Bishop. Furthermore, Wrys is probably your third unit to reach C Staves as well (Malliesia and Yumina have C Staves). So... he does have... some possible use. It's just... outclassed. But it's better to be outclassed here than in combat, since there's fewer staff opportunities than combat.

3.5/10

The first fun fact: Wrys can kill Gharnef. No, it's not a joke. Does it take resources? Well of course it does!

It takes resources for anyone to kill Gharnef...

I mean, sure he takes five spirit dusts, but that's not that terrible when you consider Malliesia at the same level needs four.

It takes resources for anyone to kill Gharnef...

I mean, sure he takes five spirit dusts, but that's not that terrible when you consider Malliesia at the same level needs four.

Well, to be fair she doesn't exactly need two Seraph Robes either... so...

If you can invest two Seraph Robes, use the Pure Water, and pump all the Spirit Dusts onto him (I counted 5), he can 4HKO Gharnef at 20/6 as a Bishop. Furthermore, Wrys is probably your third unit to reach C Staves as well (Malliesia and Yumina have C Staves). So... he does have... some possible use. It's just... outclassed. But it's better to be outclassed here than in combat, since there's fewer staff opportunities than combat.

3.5/10

This plus bias for 4.5

Well, to be fair she doesn't exactly need two Seraph Robes either... so...

No, just a speedwing + rainbow potion to avoid getting doubled. Although Wrys can also use a rainbow potion + Talisman instead of two Robes.

Edited by Anouleth

No, just a speedwing + rainbow potion to avoid getting doubled. Although Wrys can also use a rainbow potion + Talisman instead of two Robes.

The ratings assumed no Rainbow Potion, though, which was why I technically excluded it. Though you are correct.