Rate the Unit, Day 19: Nephenee

PKL

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Knight Ward to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.154

Brom: 2.32

Shinon: 3

Volke : 4.824

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.152

Rhys: 5.315

Gatrie: 5.463

Mia: 5.708

Mist: 6.413

Mordecai: 6.547

Lethe: 6.75

Boyd: 8.293

Ike: 8.567

Oscar: 9.075

Kieran: 9.231

Marcia: 9.36

Titania: 9.91

-Infantry >_>

-Solid growths

-1-2 range

-Comes same time as Kieran

-Needs bexp and forges

-Isn't bad

One of the better non-magic infantry units in fe9.

IMO, right below Boyd and Mordy.

+1 bias.

7.5/10

It's easy to get her up to par, and she's not a bad choice to train.

Edited by Folgore Green

I'm sorry Nephenee; but I have to say this... You're overrated as fuck at GFaqs; ugh...

Anyways; she's the only playable soldier; and she has solid growths; although her STR can get shaky; which is solved by a STR-growth band. She isn't bad; since she got 1-2 range combat courtesy of Javelins and gets better upon promotion.

Bad bits? Her STR is kinda shaky; and supports... Her affinity is Wind which is crap... but she supports Calill! Now, that's something...

Javelin mt forges and bexp do a unit good. Everyone wants them, (well, oscar and brom primarily on the jav part).

With some investment, does pretty well, but I don't think she is more valuable than say, a...

Someone that is a great contender for the Vantage Scroll as she will get alot better with it! Also in desperate need for the Pegasus Band since her Luck growth isn't too good. Best to support her with Calill. Needs the 2.5 per support level avoid boost. Forge her a Lance in the beginning; and she'll be good to go.

Nephanee1-1.jpg

NM

9/10

HM

8.5/10

Edited by リンダ

Nephinel... okay... Nephinel... uh...

...Well she starts with E Lances, which kind of sucks. Arms Scroll could allow her to use forged Steel if warranted, and BEXP kind of helps curve her earlygame rut a bit. Innate Wrath is pretty cool, especially when paired with Vantage, but Nephenee is pretty much your average combat unit with just enough Spd to go batshit crazy, offense to carry it, and durability to be useful. She definitely won't be as useful as the Cavalier brigade, but she's not a horrible unit either. Kind of funny that Knight Ward makes her Spd growth increase to 85%. I'm a little too lazy with this one.

7.5/10.

Someone that is a great contender for the Vantage Scroll as she will get alot better with it! Also in desperate need for the Pegasus Band since her Luck growth isn't too good. Best to support her with Calill. Needs the 2.5 per support level avoid boost. Forge her a Lance in the beginning; and she'll be good to go.

Nephanee1-1.jpg

NM

9.5/10

HM

9.5/10

Worth more than Oscar/Keiran?

I did't like Mehphenee at first. Her bases looked kind of bad and an E rank in lance's did't do her much favours with me. I was pleasantly suprised when I actually tried her.

She's not Ashera in human form like most people on gamefaqs think, but after an arm scroll she's a capable unit. Good spead and the vantage/wrath combo are her biggest assets.

I give Nephenee a 6.5 and a bias point because I like her personality. 7.5/10

after an arm scroll she's a capable unit.

I don't really see the point of giving Nephenee an Arms Scroll, since she wouldn't want to be using Steel starting out, and by the time Steel becomes forgeable, she should've gotten to D rank already.

7/10, because I'd have trouble justifying a higher rating. E Lances sucks to have to sit through, and her supports are nothing to write home about, but she can still use Vantage effectively with her natural Wrath.

I'm sorry Nephenee; but I have to say this... You're overrated as fuck at GFaqs; ugh...Anyways; she's the only playable soldier; and she has solid growths; although her STR can get shaky; which is solved by a STR-growth band. She isn't bad; since she got 1-2 range combat courtesy of Javelins and gets better upon promotion.Bad bits? Her STR is kinda shaky; and supports... Her affinity is Wind which is crap... but she supports Calill! Now, that's something...7.0

This. I feel like people overrate Nephenee way too much.

Mediocre bases, but pretty decent growths, however that 22HP +55% growth isn't healthy. She has the worst support affinity, and has pretty bad support partners(Calill is the only one worth noting). She joins with E rank lances, meaning that she can't even use Steel lances from the start. She requires quite a bit of BEXP to be usable, and in the end all you're getting is a lance-locked foot unit.

4/10

Edited by Zman

She's not Ashera in human form like most people on gamefaqs think

Come to think of it. She could be her good alter ego. No. Shoot. That's Yune. :D: She's gotta be her ancestor.

Probably one of the most overrated units in the game. She really isn't that good... she starts with E lances and underleveled, and we're already cockslapping Mist and Marcia with our BEXP. She's got the awesome Wrath skill, and promotes to a decent class, but otherwise isn't worth raising that well. She's a footie in a paladin-dominated game, as well.

3.5/10

6/10, I honestly think she's the fourth best ground unit (Boyd, Ike, Tormod, Nephenee) and she deserves a rating like this as a result. Suffice to say, it is still a mount dominated game, but she has her merits, namely as a Vantage/Wrath user in Chapter 25; I think having a forged Max Crit/Hit/Mt Javelin on her for Chapter 25 with Vantage is very, very good for the chapter, because Marcia and Jill's offense falls flat at points due to not being able to ORKO enough units and giving her the rescue drop isn't a bad idea. She also had ridiculous durability, and is hot to boot (hot in FE10).

Edited by Mercenary Vergil

Probably one of the most overrated units in the game. She really isn't that good... she starts with E lances and underleveled, and we're already cockslapping Mist and Marcia with our BEXP. She's got the awesome Wrath skill, and promotes to a decent class, but otherwise isn't worth raising that well. She's a footie in a paladin-dominated game, as well.

3.5/10

Yes, but Marcia/Mist have utility as well.

Pro:

Good overall growths

Lances / 1-2 Range

Almost always doubles

Con:

STR sometimes suspect

No mount

Doesn't get a second weapon

Lots of competition for BEXP (Kieran, Jill, Marcia)

Low Bases

Rating: 7

Yes, but Marcia/Mist have utility as well.

Right. That's an obvious point. They still want a majority of the BEXP that you'll be getting. Especially Mist, because she's your only mounted healer until lolelincia.

Oh, its just Nephenee (read: overrated).

I cant deny that she has solid growths, but she's so average when training her. E lance base is bad but sparing an arms scroll nets her a steel lance which is better for forges. Low strength can get her screwed. Um 4th best foot soldier. 6.5/10

Nephenee is a unit I love. Most people here know my adoration for wrath/vantage and will probably suspect I will give her at LEAST a 7... And they are right. More in detail though, Nephenee is the traditional 'jack of all trades, master of none' type unit, except that her stats are very solid (as opposed to the average/below average usual for her unit type) and she comes with a great skill as well. The perfect mid-liner to be sure in my eyes. I can't say that she has any real weaknesses beyond a possibly meh-ish start, so it's more of focusing on what she lacks in strengths. No mounted, no other weapons than lances... Ummm... A poor support list (her only real flaw in my eyes)... Ummm...

That's really about it. Plus, I find her personality both simple and endearing. I like modesty and, as I recall, Nephenee is a fairly modest character.

7/10 +1 bias = 8/10 total.

Solid growths overall, but desperately needs Lance rank (which she can get) and STR (which is a small issue on Fixed, since she'll need some bexp overleveling to get past the curve). Great personal skill in Wrath, and not altogether terrible at being just sturdy enough to get into Wrath range but not quite sturdy enough to tank while in Wrath range, although Vantage could help. But Vantage is quite desirable...

Supports for shit. Pretty much nobody you'd use much and nobody who would hang out near her even if you did. That's not to say they're terrible supports, although her Wind isn't the best thing going.

Still, she's above-average. Slightly. She can certainly be made into a good unit minus everything but movement. Well, you could fix that with Boots, but... come on, man, that's GameFAQs-tier favoritism there.

6/10

For an infantry unit Nephenee is pretty good. She uses a good weapon type, packs a good skill that will go great with Vantage, and has a good stat spread, though she comes underleveled and will want some BEXP and a forge to get going.

Problem is she comes during a period where quite a few units want those resources and have a better claim to it than she does. She's not a great supporter and her only reasonable partner is Calill. She perfectly useable if you put the effort into her but at the end of the day she's just a country girl in game where knights rule the day.

+1 since she's still my favorite character so 6/10

Nephenee's bases aren't the greatest, but her growths are good enough to get her going. Raising her lance rank, though, is no problem. Give her a few BEXP levels, and she's good to go.

5.5/10, plus .5 bias. 6/10.

Like everyone else here, I find that Neph has a slow start but will quickly catch up (you don't even need to BEXP her) with a forge and maybe an arms scroll, but that's another whole heap of money and a scroll that you have to spend on her that could have gone elsewhere. 6/10, but 7/10 (biased) for being the first playable soldier and rocking it. Luka doesn't count cause he's a cunt

Edited by Agro

Ruka and Paison from FE2 were Soldiers and playable. :mellow:

Anyway, very powerful infantry unit, has one half of the Wrath/Vantage combo and can rock with it, plus all around awesome stats and KNIGHT WARD!

8/10 + 1 bias = 9/10