Spoiler ()

Reporting Act I
Spoiler ()

Absolute Resolve
Spoiler ()

Prodigy
Spoiler ()

Headin' Out

Once the sails were repaired, the Utka was deemed fit to sail again. The rest of the repairs would have to wait until they reached Tremere. Bogdan true to his word had Zel transferred in restraints from the Leverager to the Dark Utka, and after all was said and done, the two ships headed out, full sail, bound for Tremere as the sun began to set.

Raquel spent some time by herself near the front of the interior of the Dauntless where there was virtually no through traffic. She had a book in her hand and opened but wasn't reading it anymore. Her thoughts were somewhere else for the moment.

Spoiler (Retrospect)

Gabbie happened to be thinking about the event, as well, sparing the Dark Utka a few occasional glances as it sailed along beside the Leverager. There wasn't much to do if she was dwelling on things like that so frequently. As long as she didn't have any dreams about it, she knew she would be alright.

A Night With A Prince
Spoiler ()

The real Gabbie was curled up on top of her bedroll instead of inside it, with Ringo right beside her watching and occasionally yanking his tail free from her when she got a hold of it. He wanted to sleep too, and curling up was his favorite position, but every time he did, his tail would wander just a little too close to his master and she would grab it without warning. Eventually he just decided to nuzzle her until she woke up and went off to do stuff with the other humans. That would give him some peace. He definitely wasn't leaving this nice spot he'd found.

Nuzzle. Nuzzle. Nuzzle. "Friggin' hell, what is it?! ... oh." Gabbie realized it was only Ringo. He was fed and watered already, so she immediately figured he was just being cute. "Alroight, whaddya want?" No true response came; just Ringo's everlasting stare. "So you just want me awake, huh? Foine. Not like I'll get to get back to what I was doin' anyway ... dammit. I was just about to ..." she cut herself off, opting to simply shake her head and sigh instead.

Tremere Port

The Leverager and the Dark Utka weren't fortunate enough to find two vacant spots right next to each other, but they were able to find two spots. The spot for the Leverager was much smaller than the one it had occupied at Port Temptress. It was so much smaller in fact that the normal loading ramp on the main deck would be at too steep an incline for people to safely use it. Bogdan remedied the situation by using unloading and loading from the gun deck, which also had an exit for just such an occasion. That wouldn't help the Dauntless situation one iota, but at least they could come and go as they pleased for the moment.

Bogdan addressed Raquel and pretty much anyone else around who was listening. "The Utka needs more repairs and so we will be in port for a day or two. You are free to lodge on the ship or find an inn in the port somewhere. This is for Raquel's group ... the rest of you are to return here after you handle your business. That is an order. Now, Raquel ... the matter of your wagon should probably be discussed in private."

"... okay."

"Meet me in my cabin in a few minutes. I need to speak with the dockers and schedule some repairs for the Leverager, first. Get it out of the way ...."

Edited by Phoenix, 25 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#2 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

So they finally reached port the next day. John and Gil had spent most of the time left yesterday an before they docked in the air, landing only to sleep, which they did by the side of the Dauntless, as usual. But now, with the ships on port, they made one more landing on the deck.

Sophia likewise was on the deck, and nearby Raquel and the Captain, in order to know what was going on.

<So a day or two huh.> John thought, also gathered to hear what the Captain had to say. <Well, I guess first things first see what our plans for today are.>

So we are staying here for a while? Sophia thought. I guess it can't be helped.

#3 -Cynthia-

-Cynthia-

Most Terrible

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Veronika

"You probably want to ask the captain where the next destination for the Leverager is. Much as I'd like to ensure the safe delivery of the eggs, I think we're better off returning to Ursium than going to Neviskotia. We may need to find another ship," she pointed out to Raquel.

Nadya

So they had finally arrived apparently, Nadya took this as an opportunity to take Luca out from below decks and start riding him aboard the ship. She decided to approach the new guy, Raquel's friend...whose name she couldn't really remember.

"So, ya know anythin' about this place? Seems like ya might be the type whose traveled a bit, not a Sancturan that's for sure," she said to the man, coming up to him.

#4 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

As the ship pulled into port Robin sat down below the deck. She was bored out of her mind! Being stuck in such a small area with no option to leave was outright infuriating. To make it worse, with the dragons about, there was something she was very interested in, but was too scared to even try to approach. Probably bite her hand off or something. So instead she had been cooped up, milling over what to do in her mind. She couldn't hunt while traveling with the group as she could get lost easily, and she was clearly behind the group in terms of power and skill... She wasn't even someone like Conner who could at least provide a useful service. It was a glum and depressing thought to be sure. Still... she had to do something. She thought back to her earlier conversation right after the ship fight and to what she had been doing in the story she told. It was the only thing of interest really. The food she had cooked and how well it had been. She wondered if it had really been good, or a result of her limited pallet, time making memory sweeter, or something of the sort. She would have to try again to be sure.

When the ship at last docked she had made up her mind. Getting up and heading up to the deck she started to look for Raquel. She needed to ask her if it would be okay for her to try and cook a meal for the group. Even if it wasn't good, she felt she needed to try.

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Raquel

"Well I honestly don't want to change ships here if Captain Bogdan is willing to take us further north. If we let him sail away without us, there's no guarantee we can find another ship that can hold all of us, or that's as ... convenient financially. I mean we'd have to get another crane to get the Dauntless onto another ship." Raquel explained, cringing at the thought of paying more money to move the Dauntless from one ship to another. "I'll ask him about it, but I don't want to change ships until we absolutely have to. We're still way down near Rex-Avaz."

Reign

Is she seriously riding that thing on the deck? The land variety of nomad is a hell of a lot easier to spot than I realized. Reign noted to himself before replying. "I know its reputation. The last time I was here, I wasn't off the boat long enough to really get a feel for the place. Tremere's not much different from Temptress. Its main feature is the stadium. Fighters from all over Sardius come here to beat the tar out of each other for prizes. If you're a badass, it's a good way to make a living. Gambling on the fights can also be pretty lucrative. Other than that, it's got about everything else you could expect from a port this size." he explained.

#6 -Cynthia-

-Cynthia-

Most Terrible

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Veronika

"You may want to see about where he can drop us off then- Ursian ports are obviously out and I don't want to have to travel through Central Sardius. This group is ill-equipped to travel through a warzone. Maybe if we sent Weyland a carrier pigeon or something he'd sent a ship for us- he certainly has the money," she suggested.

Nadya

"Well I'm not a gamblin' kinda gal- unless I like my odds- but I'm reasonably good at beatin' the tar out of people. Might have to give this arena thing a look see," she said to Reign, smirking.

"So, what's your job here anyway? Ya some kinda pirate? Or uh, mariner?" she quickly corrected, remembering Gytha's sensitivity towards the term pirate.

#7 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Raquel

"It's so far away. If we can at least get to ... maybe the Yoshimo Islands. Further than that would be ideal, but I'm probably hoping for too much. He would be way off course if he went to the next port northward." Raquel replied with a sigh. "Maybe once we're closer. There might be someone we can contact that works for Weyland who can get a message to him. And there I go getting my hopes up."

Reign

"I believe the term 'deserter' works." Reign answered with his fingers held up and folding at the word. "I do pretty much whatever I have to do to get by. I just needed to get out of Temptress, so I signed on with the Leverager ... quite temporary. So I take it you're a mercenary or something? Or are you Raquel's new nomad friend?" he asked with a small smile. Wouldn't bother me that much. Had to replace me eventually, right?

#8 -Cynthia-

-Cynthia-

Most Terrible

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Veronika

"Without hope, we don't have much at all. We'll end up working something out," Veronika reassured Raquel, hoping this sounded more encouraging to her than it did to herself. This is going to be a long trip I fear...

Nadya

"Ain't no shame in desertin' to save your own skin. And no need to worry, I'm Raquel's mercenary, not her friend. Only friend I got in the group right now is right here," she said, patting Luca on the neck. "Raquel needs all the friends and mercenaries she can get though, trouble follows that girl like an angry hornet's nest. Work's dangerous, but the pay's good, so I'll stick around until the going gets too rough. Seeing as your Raquel's friend, I'm guessin' you're willin' to work for free?" she asked Reign wryly.

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Raquel

"Well ... we didn't get this far on just determination, so I guess you're right. I'm pretty sure the worst has already past as far as our traveling woes go. We made it out of two different types of no-man's-lands and now our only trouble seems to be finding the right route back to Weyland and not getting cheated on the expense. That's pretty minor all things considered." Another thought occurred. Bogdan hadn't finished speaking with the dockers just yet, but he'd be finished sooner or later. "Did you want to come with me when I talk with him? It's probably fine, but it would be stupid of me to go anywhere completely by myself ..."

Reign

The horse? Well she looks trustworthy ... sorta. "Well, we are friends, but I'd rather not starve, heheheh. I guess I'd consider working for free if she fed me." he explained with a slight grin and a shrug. "... it better be above and beyond good, though. Anyone can prepare something edible if they don't make it with feces, so if I'm risking my neck for free, it better be the best cooking I've ever had~"

They were still just talking. This new human wasn't giving Nadya any gold yet. A frustrating situation for Luca. This strange phenomenon of interaction and no gold was becoming more and more common, though fortunately Nadya was compensating by looting all of the bodies that kept piling up. This herd didn't seem to have much gold ... but they sure knew how to get their hands on it. Everyone and their grandmare seemed to want them dead. If not for the inherent danger, it would be perfect.

#10 Snike

Snike

Chicago Secretary

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

It was once again a beautiful day in Urcenter. The Sun was out, the skies were clear, and there was a gentle breeze throughout the forest clearing the Dragon Slayer's son was heading towards. The boy was carrying two loaves of bread, a pouch full of berries, and a whole chicken inside a basket on his left arm. As he entered the clearing, a wyvern rider and their crippled mount emerged from the darkness of the woods. The wyvern had a rather dull green set of scales, and aside from its' torn up wing, it was rather ordinary. The rider, however, was remarkable. Tall, slender, and beautiful, she was wearing a steel chest plate, an open-visored jousting helmet, and a pair of armored boots over a black uniform.

As the the Dragon Slayer's son and the Neviskotian wyvern rider approached each other, the former began to smile. He didn't know why, but he enjoyed the woman's company. It had been several months since he had first found her weak and wounded in this very valley, and every day, the boy was learning more and more about the world outside Ursium, the country he began to dislike even as he grew up inside of it.

"I brought you some more food," the young Ursian said, smiling as he passed the basket to his friend.
"Thank you, " the rider replied in her heavy accent. He loved that accent. "Want to hear about dragons once more?" came her next question.
"Absolutely," the Dragon Slayer's son said with lightning speed, a response that prompted some lovely laughter from the soon to be storyteller.
"Very well," the Skotian said, before delving immediately into the topic at hand. The boy let himself be ensnared by this comrade's glorious recounting of tales, and as a result, he clung onto every word she spoke. All was well.
Blake slowly opened his eyes and found himself inside the Dauntless, with tears running down his face. He'd thought he had gotten over her for a while now. Regardless, it changed little. She was still dead, and he was still weak. The mercenary quickly rose, wiped away the tears, and began to leave the Leverager, eager to try and push his memories out of his mind.

Edited by Snike, 25 April 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#11 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

<So we may be on the Leverager for probably a good deal of the voyage huh.> John thought, hearing the conversation.

Hopefully we don't end up going all the way to Neviskotia. Sophia thought. Heading back to Ursium would complicate itself again.

''Well, we don't necessarily have to cross through Central Sardius if we end up with the Leverager all the way through to Neviskotia.'' He spoke out. ''Though of course, it will take us much longer to head back that way.''

''But then won't we have to cross the border regardless of where we do it?'' Sophia pointed out.

''Yeah, there's also that.Well, as you say Raquel, hopefully we can contact Weyland once we're close enough.'' <But for now, I guess we're gonna be here for a while then.>

#12 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Robin took a deep breath as she remembered something else she needed to talk to Raquel about, namely the ongoing tension with Gytha, but one thing at a time. First she needed to talk to Raquel. Approaching her master from behind she politely tapped Raquel on the rear shoulder.

"Raquel, I am sorry if I am interrupting, but there are two things I need to ask you."

#13 Ether

Ether

Unlucky Magus Extraordinaire

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

It seems they had landed at the port of Tremere. Faatina stretched slightly, looking back out on the ocean reflectively.

<"Who would have thought... I'm already further from home then I ever thought I would manage to get..."> She mumbled to herself, before turning towards the Dauntless.

'Connor said that the shield should be done around this time today. I suppose I'll see if it's ready to be picked up...' Faatina decided, stepping inside the Dauntless.

"Hey Connor, is the shield finished, or do you need more time?" Faatina asked, finding the young boy inside.

#14 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Raquel

"Well as long as we don't get too close to East Central. Not only would it take us really far away from the best route back, but it would put us really close to all the fighting. If this war is anything like the past, East Central is probably crawling with ships from both sides." Raquel replied to John. "I guess a getting message really ..." she paused hearing footsteps nearby. The tap on her shoulder let her know the current conversation would have to wait a moment or two. "Okay, what did you want to ask me, exactly?" Raquel replied.

#15 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

"Two things actually. I am not sure which I should ask first. Well... First off... I want to make up for the disturbance I caused with Gytha yesterday, so I wanted to offer to cook dinner for the group. As you are our leader, or at least mine, it seemed right to ask you before doing such a thing."

Edited by Snowy_One, 25 April 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#16 Phoenix

Phoenix

Least Terrible

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Raquel

"Disturbance?" Raquel echoed, unsure of any incident involving the two of them. "Well, I'm not really in charge of what everyone eats, but you have my permission if that's what you want. You know how to cook, though, right? We're not just a control group for you to practice on, right?"

#17 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

"No. You are not. My cooking may not be as... dainty... as some other chefs, but make no mistake about it. I can cook. Mainly meats, but I can cook well enough. And yes... the fight Gytha and I had as we boarded this ship? The one where I put her in a Full Nelson?" she was sure that, even if Gytha had not brought the issue up to Raquel, someone would have mentioned it to her at time point. "Gytha and I had another fight, and it came to blows. We each tried to hit each other, she missed, and I wrestled her down. We can not keep this up Raquel. She needs to realize that she hurt someone and betrayed her teammate and apologize for what she did."

#18 Acacia Sgt

Acacia Sgt

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

<So it will take days before we have to part ways with the Leverager then. Well, I guess for now we just remain with them until it's time to part ways.> John thought.

But regarding anything else, Raquel was interrupted by the arrival of Robin, talking about something about Gytha and yesterday and... cooking for the group? But nevermind that for now.

''Hm, you didn't knew?'' John asked. ''I guess the incident with Zel overshadowed everything else that happened.'' He shrugged. But then realized. ''Wait, is this still about the shooting?''

''Still? What exactly happened back there?'' Sophia asked. She had only heard a bit so far, but overall, she was in the dark about this shooting buseness.

#19 Snowy_One

Snowy_One

Free

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

"The group captured a Ursian commander and decided to kill her. I objected to killing a prisoner and stood before her to protect her. Gytha shot her past me, and then shot me in the leg for doing so. She claims it was to teach me 'discipline' or something like that and it is how her people handle things. She has not apologized, and thusly our fighting continues."

#20 ReformBlade

ReformBlade

Bring it

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Aneda walked in on Raquel and Robin talking, rather civilly she noted. It was high time that the pegasus knight got paid for her troubles. Holding onto Hannah's reigns, Aneda stood nearby but not too close, a smile on her face in silent contemplation.

Davod, however, was skimming over his book when they got to the port. He was about to go out and do his own thing... which would've been pretty silly, he doesn't do many exciting things... ANYWAY, he spied a Gabbie and went to strike up a conversation. "Pretty rough fight, but you people seem organized enough. A pleasant surprise, I'll be honest... Not that I doubted your ability of course! Just... with how you described your group before and how they were acting, I got a pretty bad impression, heh."