- You can't trade, so units are item/weapon locked, unless you do the whole pawn shop thing. I feel that this system is very cumbersome, and unnecessarily frustrates an aspect of a game that is important to optimizing your units, a key component in Tactical RPGs.
- There is huge gap between movement capabilities between mounted and non-mounted units, the size of the maps exacerbate this problem. I love the epicness of the maps, but it really compounds the difference of the two types of units and make coordinating them difficult. This could have been lessened with the ability to rescue, but yeah, that doesn't exist until the next game.
- No vulneraries makes me sad. Ethlin is the only reliable healer thus far, as both Adean and Lachesis's crawl speed leaves something to be desired.
- Is there any indication when 2 characters begin to fall in love? I randomly had Azel stand next to Adean and it showed 'give', to my surprise, they had already fell in love. I was boosting them with adjacent love boost, but I didn't know it was this quick, and without warning.
- I heard some state that this is the easiest FE to date, which is absurd, the enemy density is the heaviest I've seen yet, and that's on the first few chapters. Mounted enemies chip the crap out of your units with canto and unless you really elaborate your position, getting overwhelmed is a pretty easy thing you can get yourself into.
- Is it normal to have a dedicated guarder for your main castle? I just have Arden do it, but I am currently on chapter 2 and he is going to get killed in a turn by a legion of pegasus knights that decided to fly over to him much to my chagrin, this was without warning, as the maps are so huge that I can not get to him in time with Levin. I am forced to lose and start the chapter over, which is a dreadful thought, or I can warp a dude over and kill Fury and the rest of the PegKnights. This pisses me off because Levin's location on the map couldn't be located in a worse place when he joins, without hauling ass and knowing exactly where to go to recruit Fury pretty much means you're fucked.
- Sigurd is god, I've only played 2 chapters but yeah, he is the best lord. He's like a Jeigan with god growths/bases/movement that happens to be the main character.
- Is it normal to spam the arena like no tomorrow at the beginning of the chapters? I can't help it. In other words, is it necessary?
- the obvious 1 RN system observation. This, while subtle, is one of the key differences between preFE6 games to the modern ones. The effect is too great and I'm feeling like I'm playing Pokemon (Thunder accuracy anyone?) in terms of my hit percentages. I took the 2 RN system for granted, but yeah, it was a great idea, not in terms of making the games easier, but making them less frustrating.
- Aira is also wtfbroken. Meteor pretty much makes all the other characters' damage output look pathetic, there is just too much discrepancy between them.
I love the music and atmosphere of the game thus far now, though I'm having doubts about this game's supposed godlyness with respect to the other titles.
Of course, I have only scratched the surface of this game; by no means am I bashing it as if I knew everything about it already, these are merely observations from a modern FE player's point of view. I plan to finish this run, and hopefully it gets better.
Edited by goopy, 25 April 2012 - 09:24 AM.