FE4 first playthrough

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Guy Starwind

Guy Starwind

I don't hunt, I kill.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Chapter 5 is probably my favorite chapter of the entire series, story wise. I somehow remained spoiler free up to that point and...well, it was pretty intense. I agree about the music, as well. Chapter 2 and 3 in particular get stuck in my head often.

I'm with on this. I often try to explain this chapter to people but they just don't understand.

#62 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I think the bigger surprise is why Lex was promoting that late

>:|

Missing the Hero Axe helped. He was still better than most of the mounted units in combat.

#63 ZMę

ZMę

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I also missed out on the Hero Axe, but my Lex promoted in the middle of chapter 3.

On chapter 5 right now, and I must say, FE4 is building up in awesomeness. If only I wasn't spoiled about what happens after... Posted Image

#64 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

I also missed out on the Hero Axe, but my Lex promoted in the middle of chapter 3.

On chapter 5 right now, and I must say, FE4 is building up in awesomeness. If only I wasn't spoiled about what happens after... Posted Image

I mainly used Lex for support. I gave Ayra a leg ring. She and Sigurd soaked up most of the exp. Ya, spoilers sux, dunno why ppl go out of their way to spoil themselves of FE13 or any other thing, but whatever floats your boat.

Edited by goopy, 05 May 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#65 ZMę

ZMę

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm trying to stay away from any FE13 information, but the urges are tempting...

Levin right now has the Leg Ring, and since he and Fury are lovers, he can keep up with her.

#66 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

If only I wasn't spoiled about what happens after... Posted Image

yeah, please don't get spoiled in the process of playing. You're only really stealing your own enjoyment.

back in my day we didn't play games with guides glued to our faces--we called that reading, not playing games

#67 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

I appreciate the team that made the translation patch possible... but this took me right out of the game :(

Attached Files

Edited by goopy, 08 May 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#68 Celice

Celice

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

The latest reparation patch probably fixed that. You might be interested in checking it out... even though, if you've seen that text in-game, you're pretty close to finishing the game anyways.

#69 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Is a level 15 Julia enough to engage Julius?
She was such a pain to raise up, I just benched her after a while. Didn't realize that she was instrumental in defeating Julius D:

#70 Guy Starwind

Guy Starwind

I don't hunt, I kill.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

If needs be you can use Celice to defeat Julius. It takes longer but it gets the job done. Also I guess it depends on how stronger your Celice is too. Might have to use a power ring.

#71 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Celice is lvl 30 with maxed out Str, though several of his stats are below average. Money is tight repairing Tyrfing and Lana can't help much in the gold department, hopefully I have enough for Tyrfing and a Power Ring.

#72 Guy Starwind

Guy Starwind

I don't hunt, I kill.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

You could have Patty give him some cash if she has any. If Patty has lover you could use him to give all his money to Patty and in return have Patty give it to Celice.

#73 Celice

Celice

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Is a level 15 Julia enough to engage Julius?
She was such a pain to raise up, I just benched her after a while. Didn't realize that she was instrumental in defeating Julius D:

Once she has Narga, you can try running her through the arena for some levels. That should hopefully get her to promotion at least, and you could rig some healing, right? I seem to recall having her off Yuruis at about level 20 before, after one run just ignored her.

#74 CT075

CT075

drunken hobo

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

you can have a base level yuria off yurius

takes a bit more luck, but she's perfectly capable assuming a little bit of RNG cooperation

Edited by Camtech, 11 May 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#75 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Good idea, Shanan the beast can give Patty all of his dough, then transfer that to Celice, or I can do the arena thing with Julia, I forgot that Narga will probably at least make going through the arena a breeze.

I just figured out that you can save multiple times if no one moved... at this point in the game. I am faile.

#76 Titamon

Titamon

Soldier of Doom

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

I just downloaded this game 2 days ago

I got up to the middle of Chapter 2 but Beowulf kept suiciding into Sigurd rofl

#77 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Is there any reason my Julia is not gaining MAG from her level ups? From what I can tell, her MAG growth is supposed to be 100%.
EDIT: Apparently she capped it, but there was no visual indicator.

Edited by goopy, 14 May 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#78 Celice

Celice

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hey, at least you weren't leveling up negative stats, like a certain green-haired lunatic does from time to time :p

#79 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hey, at least you weren't leveling up negative stats, like a certain green-haired lunatic does from time to time :p

Who might that be?

Just beat this. Overall I enjoyed it a lot despite various annoyances in the game mechanics. Pimping out Julia for the final battle, making her Lord of the Rings, before engaging Julius was quite fun. In a perfect world, this game will be re-released with gorgeous graphics, with rescue, and maybe lover bonus for foot soldiers that gives them move boosts if they are adjacent to each other at the beginning of turns. 8/10, will play again, not for a while though.

I made some vids of the final bosses of this game, and will probably do so for other villains in FE in the future. Spoiler - I mop the floor with Julius, what a joke.
Spoiler ()

#80 sunshinesan

sunshinesan

Pure Flying

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Spoiler ()

Only one media file per post?? Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users