New Serenes Forest banner

VincentASM

Is it just me/Firefox or is the summoning circle thing not loading properly? The character images are also appearing in a smaller size. Everything was normal a couple days ago...

Might be a recent Firefox update; it can take me a while to notice some things. Curious if it's just me, anyone else seeing something weird?

(Btw, do you have to be logged in to see Chef Krom? xD I so want to see that in action.)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to our legal expert, Wooster, we now have a new banner for the Serenes Forest skin. While the original banner was nice and all, I think it's nice to change things around every once in a while. The current banner has multiple new features, including protagonists summoned from other worlds, sparkling Yune, a forest that stretches forever and more!

Poor Internet Explorer users may have to live with a slightly downgraded banner that only features FE13's My Units.

Constructive feedback is most welcome!

What the Waha does a legal expert have to do with art?

Also, I keep getting the FE8 lords. Eww.

Is it just me/Firefox or is the summoning circle thing not loading properly? The character images are also appearing in a smaller size. Everything was normal a couple days ago...

Might be a recent Firefox update; it can take me a while to notice some things. Curious if it's just me, anyone else seeing something weird?

(Btw, do you have to be logged in to see Chef Krom? xD I so want to see that in action.)

Yes, it got ruined after the Firefox update for me as well~

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any "chef Krom." Where is he? o.O

EDIT: OH, you can only see him on Google Chrome. If you pronounce Krom's name with a long o, I get it. That was pretty funny. XD

Only I don't pronounce his name that way...

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

Oh, I just noticed that on Opera, the banner works fine now. Great.

Not sure if it is because of the banner getting updated or an Opera updated but either way it seems to work just fine.

I still wonder what that from-above view summoning circle was to be used for, though. And it's odd how it coincidentally replaced the right on.

I just asked Wooster to fix the banner. I've been aware of the problem, but I was busy with various stuff like the FE12 patch and kept forgetting about it : P

The "from above" circle is the same as the current circle; Wooster used some geometry tricks to change the view.

I noticed that's it's the same circle but they are still two separate items on the sheet he used. Since he left it on the sheet, I figured it must have been intended for something.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, the right-on summoning circle is used for the webkit browsers (Safari/Chrome). They've got working CSS 3D transforms. Gecko's and Presto do support 3D transforms, but incompletely. Load the page in FireFox, then jump to Chrome, you'll spot the difference. As best as I currently know, it's impossible to get the summing circle to spin in perspective on Gecko and Presto.

And sorry about not catching the bug earlier folks. I browse in Safari, and rarely venture beyond the Awakening board when I visit.

Oh, the right-on summoning circle is used for the webkit browsers (Safari/Chrome). They've got working CSS 3D transforms. Gecko's and Presto do support 3D transforms, but incompletely. Load the page in FireFox, then jump to Chrome, you'll spot the difference. As best as I currently know, it's impossible to get the summing circle to spin in perspective on Gecko and Presto.

And sorry about not catching the bug earlier folks. I browse in Safari, and rarely venture beyond the Awakening board when I visit.

Thank you for the info. I was really curious about that. Guess I finally should get myself Chrome. Oh, and thank you for fixing this.

And I'm sorry but I already got a new bug.

In Opera, I can currently select anything in the Box in the upper right corner. I use Opera version 12.11.

Edited by BrightBow