Rate the Unit: Day LII

Shin

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00 BST! Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Leaf: 9.45

Celice: 9.54

Tinny drew with Tristan! His voice gave him the strength of a little girl!

Linda - (Alice can wait)

Now, like her buttfaced brother, Buttface, Linda isn't actually that bad. She's got magic, instant Tron access and Elite. Wrath is an added bonus. Her speed and defense aren't stellar, but they're passable for a mage. However, she lacks pursuit and doesn't have claim to the ring either. The lack of a horse is also apparently, but horses give you powers in this game. Don't forget those staves!

6/10 - Whilst she's inferior to a good Tinny, in an all subs situation where Tinny doesn't exist, she's actually not that bad. Still, pursuit would make her pretty amazing.

I had to use Linda once.

She suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Kidding. She actually did pretty good. She has Wrath and Elite, meaning it's possible to train her VIA Arena, worst case scenario. She even helped out big time a draft, healing Celice from outside Meteo range while he and Julia took on Julius.

6/10.

Edited by Zak defender of...

I have been waiting for this.

Linda is, essentially, a below-average Tinny without inheritance. On the flipside, she has A Thunder which gets her automatic dibs on Tron (conveniently located moments before she's recruited) for the rest of ever because literally nobody else besides Leaf (and promoted amid but fuck amid) will ever be able to use it in a subs run. For all I downplayed it in the Tinny thread, Tron has some pretty keen stats. And by pretty keen, I mean 20 MT. That becomes 40 when she crits, which give it a 12 damage advantage over Elthunder. That's pretty big.

Then there's a problem: Linda is made of already dead. 9 +30% SPD and 2 +10% DEF mean she's looking at not-dodging and getting killed in the face. However, she provides really big single-hit damage - importantly, without the Pursuit Ring. That means that Linda's investment potential need consist of Tron and then she's performing pretty much optimally.

Wrath and Elite means that she can train herself in the Arena without overmuch trouble (without even wanting the money sink elite ring) except for Swordmasters which was just ;/ but they're ;/ for almost all of the subs. So she gets levels, which means her mediocre growths carry her a little further, and - more importantly - she eventually promotes. Promoting gives her access to B Staves - staves she's more effective at slinging than Mana, due to a higher doshload and a higher MAG. Actually, thanks to Leaf's laughable MAG, Jeanne/Femina's C Staves, and Mana's need to be fed dosh (oh no i almost forgot sharlow), Linda is probably the best sub-A staffer in a subs run once she promotes - and promoting her isn't really that hard and requires very little invested.

So I think I have it that she's better compared to subs than Tinny is compared to children, which should acquire her a higher score. I can then apply a full point of bias to that (yay) and end up with a 7.5/10.

(i might drop this to 7 later but for now i'm riding the high of linda > tinny hahahaha)

Edited by Integrity

She's actually one of the better subs IMO (I've just used her once though). Auto A thunder means she can use tron, which is good. She has elite meaning that she is actually easier to train then Tinny. She gets staffs on promotion, which is nice. But she is a little on the frail side. No horse either, which is a bummer.

6/10

Wrath and Elite? On a sub? Are you... are you sure, FE4? Has Holy Blood to use Tron right off the bat, too. No Pursuit, but Wrath helps and there's Continue at promotion. It looks pretty good for Linda, don't it?

...Except her durability. Wow. Thank God she's got Elite and a 90% HP growth, she'll need it. Doesn't help that she also ends up a foot unit just like the character she replaces. On the other hand, at least she has Wrath and Elite; most subs would kill for a single skill, let alone two pretty good ones. Good luck getting her safely into Wrath range outside the arena... but at least she can be a decentish sniper with it if you do.

6/10 (eh, I'll give her the full point)

Edited by Renall

She's like Tinny except she doesn't cost turns and she's a self-funding, 6-move B-staff user for several chapters. In all-subs where Mana is going to be very bad it bumps Linda's importance significantly.

6/10

Edited by slootwindow

1/10 because she'll never actually do anything useful due to her terrible move, bad durability, and low starting level. About as useless as Tinny and I can't believe you guys are rating them that high.

Edited by Dark Sage

1/10 because she'll never actually do anything useful due to her terrible move, bad durability, and low starting level. About as useless as Tinny and I can't believe you guys are rating them that high.

Let's have another crack at that rating! You'll need to do a little more convincing.

Let's have another crack at that rating! You'll need to do a little more convincing.

Nothing I said was untrue. And you accepted votes like this before on other ratings so why not this time?

Linda is actually pretty good for a scrub

she would probably be the best magi if some dude named Hawk didn't exist, with Elite and Wrath and Tron access, she wrecks the arena and can promote at a reasonable pace. B staves allows a use of a wide variety of support staves, and is one of few scrubs that will have no money isses.

However her movement still sucks, and no pursuit.

6.5/10

Edited by General Horace

Nothing I said was untrue. And you accepted votes like this before on other ratings so why not this time?

There's a lot of disparity between your vote and everybody else and I don't feel that your reasons given justify it. I'm not asking other people in the past to rethink, I'm asking you now.

Edited by Parco Folgore

You honestly think that Linda is worse than Mana?

In an all-subs run?