Rate the Unit Day 3: Evayl
Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:34 PM
- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.
- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.
+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.
- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.
- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.
- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.
- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.
- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.
- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.
- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.
- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.
- Scrolls have no impact on a unit's rating. Just because Marty can become awesome with scrolls does not mean his score should go up.
- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.
You're Jeigan and pretty necessary when you first have her. Will probably be doing a lot more than Fin or Dagda due to higher speed and Fin being slowed down by sand/WTD/indoors. Helps protect Nanna, but you still have to be careful since she can die there and getting her back later just kills her. Too underleveled and just sucky compared to your other units. It's probably less hassle to just fight Funf too. But when she is useful, she's a beast.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:48 PM
Your Jeigan and pretty necessary when you first have her. Will probably be doing a lot more than Fin or Dagda due to higher speed and Fin being slowed down by sand/WTD/indoors. Helps protect Nanna, but you still have to be careful since she can die there and getting her back later just kills her. Too underleveled and just sucky compared to your other units. It's probably less hassle to just fight Funf too. But when she is useful, she's a beast.
Why can't people fucking get this right?
As for the actual rating, pretty much the same but 5/10 including a point of bias. It's a shame she's not around more
Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:50 PM
She can be used as Leaf's popemobile in the first few chapters and still kill shit, doesn't mind bosses thanks to her Flame Sword ignoring their defense boost and her huge movement makes her great in being able to get Chapter 3's chests intact while also capturing the Bishop for a few extra goodies. Then she shields Nanna from harm, killing attackers or weakening them for Nanna to kill with the Earth Sword for delicious experience.
Then she comes back in chapter 24x. She still has monstrous skill, speed and movement, but she won't appreciate fighting Dark Mages that may either poison her, snipe her away at a distance or get her HP to one (as if getting hit with Yotsmung didn't bring her to single digit HP already). And I'm not even talking about other statuses (Snipers, Mercs), autocrit on counter (Berserkers, less of an issue since they have Devil Axes though) or getting doubled (Master Armors).
She still offers a leadership star, but you'd have to be pretty desperate to deploy her in the final chapter, and if you were desperate enough, I don't know why you'd go to 24x in the first place.
Goddess for 5 chapters, frail non-staff utility at best for 2, unexistant for the rest.
I'll take a shot at a 5/10.
Edited by Dio, 17 May 2012 - 01:53 PM.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:53 PM
good luck killing some of those bosses without her
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:03 PM
6.5/10 with Bias
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:14 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:19 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:28 PM
Then of course she comes back and is laughable.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:37 PM
Then she disappears for basically forever, is a huge pain in the ass to re-recruit, and isn't even particularly useful in the map and a third you have her back for. Sure, she's fast. Lots of your characters will be fast by that point, and they'll do a lot more damage than her. Plus she won't be immortal anymore. They might as well have just let her be.
By comparison, Fin will be back after Manster and Dagda not too long thereafter, and then they both stick around for the rest of the game. If you invest anything in her, it's not likely to ever pay off. Invest in Fin/Dagda, and at least they'll be around to make use of what you gave them.
3.5/10 + 1 for being actually seriously no-shittin' invincible in the first few chapters for 4.5/10.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:38 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:48 PM
6.5/10 including bias point cause I like her.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:08 PM
But I like her character, so I will give her a +1 bias point, bringing it up to 5/10
Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:58 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 PM
I want my underlevel units to get most of the XP, but she's great for killing bosses and protecting Nanna's ass.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:42 PM
solos chapters 1-3 6/10
good luck killing some of those bosses without her
Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:17 PM
Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:28 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users