Photo

Fire Emblem: The Medallion of Hope

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Fire Emblem: The Medallion of Hope (79 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these would you prefer?

1. Single chapters, downloadable as seperate projects. You can download each chapter individually and the filesize will be relatively small. As a bonus you get the awesome custom title screens made by mewiyev for each chapter. (23 votes [29.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.11%

2. All the chapters inside one large game file. This will make one huge file instead of a bunch of smaller files, but will possibly be more convenient. The chapters will not link, they will still be episodic. There will only be one title screen. (56 votes [70.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.89%

Vote

#1 Klokinator

Klokinator

BOOTAY BOOTAY BOOTAY

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

EDIT: POLL ADDED. SEE THIS POST FOR DETAILS.

Fire Emblem: The Medallion of Hope

Posted Image

Welcome to the long awaited topic for my upcoming game, The Medallion of Hope! This game is loosely based on my ragefest submission, Generic War, and features many of the same characters, and a similar plot-line, except far more expanded and fleshed out. I actually have to extend a welcome to the newest scripter on the Phoenix Saga team, Laureola, who is helping out with a lot of features that'll help put this game right over the top in terms of presentation and quality. Some things, like having sounds in-conversation and doing nifty things in conversations are programmed by him and will be quite new to Fire Emblem in general, it'll be exciting to implement!

So what does this game have to offer? First, it is not a romhack, it is made with the FEXP engine made by Bwdyeti. As such, it does not have the limitations a romhack has, but it does run a bit slower than a romhack would. If you have a decent computer though, it'll probably run at full speed, so please ditch Windows 98 right the fuck now.

Story:
Spoiler ()

The story, since it's based on real people and real events, needs real people to be in it! Unlike forum games though, I require very little from you if you want to be in this game, and submitting more content won't guarantee a spot anyway, as I base how much facetime and dialogue a character gets by these following points:

-Creativity of the mug. The weirder it is, the more I like it.
-Frames for the mug. Without frames, I won't accept it.
-Popularity of the member in question, and how well I know them. I can't really write dialogue for someone I've never heard of, right?

So, submit a mug, with frames in FEditor format, and if the mug is like a custom character with their own hugely customed battle animation I can even add that too.

For more details on submitting a mug to this game, you can refer to the slightly older sister topic on Shrine of Seals.

Spoiler ()

If you want to submit a battle animation, please do so via PM. I will only accept battle animations for wacky and weird characters (Like how Guile has his Street Fighter 2 animations ripped from the SNES sheets) and the sheet must be a full sheet, not 6-10 frames, but somewhere in the range of 30-100+ if possible. A recolor of a swordmaster with a bandana is not acceptable, because animating is somewhat tedious and I'd rather not waste time animating it if it's not really cool as fuck and/or original.

So, feature list for this game?

-999 character slots for ingame characters, with unlimited room for generics and unlimited room in the Faces folder just to use a character face in dialogue. Each mug has unlimited numbers of emotions available too, so your character can grimace, smile, cry, get angry, and any other emotion you choose to add! I can add as many people in this game as the need arises, so don't feel shy about joining!
-255 items and weapons total? PFFFFFFFT! We have room for 999 weapons and items EACH!
-255 classes in total? PFFFT! We have room for 999 also!
-Huge amounts of room for custom animations, 3,000 slots in total, only 20% of which are even used up. This affords room for tons of custom animations for player units!
-No color or size limits on just about anything! Tired of that hackbox and you want to submit a huge awesome mug? Well, I probably won't accept it for graphical consistency's sake, but I COULD accept it if I liked it, and that's my point.
-No need to compress data, such as music and graphics, just to get it ingame! While the filesize for this game will be significantly larger than the average romhack (50 MB's is a conservative estimate for just one chapter...) the quality of everything ingame will be dramatically better.
-Ability to customize literally anything ingame if need be! I can adjust how the entire engine works, I can adjust how it reads text, anything! Unlike a rom, the engine is easily modified allowing for many new ways of approaching making a game.
-Built-in Skill system allows for incredible individualization of each character, so no matter how many we add your character can have a unique skill nobody else posesses! If you know how to script and want your character to have their own skill, I might oblige you on this issue.

And as for screenshots, there are none currently. I do have something of a character list of those whose mugs I already have and will be ingame, but not on me right now. I have a good idea of many different things I want to add, and I actually have like a mug request I'd love to get filled if anyone is interested. I need a mug for Samus Aran really badly, dunno if anyone is interested in filling it. It'll make the planned intro pretty awesome if I can get a good one going.

Also, a list of people who I'd love to be in this game, so if they could submit a mug that'd be epicsauce and you can only help the quality go up and the humor as well! :awesome:

Spoiler (Please submit a mug so we can make sweet gaming love!)

Even if your name isn't up there, I probably know you and I'll add you as long as your mug has frames.

EDITS: Adding character bios, a few at least.

Spoiler (Character Bios)

Edited by Klokitty, 25 July 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#2 Esme

Esme

I put the sun in Sunday!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Woah! This project sounds pretty hefty!

Good luck with it~

#3 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Woohoo! I love this. I can't wait to see my super old, super awful mugs in action!

#4 eclipse

eclipse

Balcerzak

• Section Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

I was interested until I saw I had to wear my mug on the boards. No, thank you.

#5 Klokinator

Klokinator

BOOTAY BOOTAY BOOTAY

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

It's just recommended, I can't force you to do diddly xD

Edit: Fixed that for ya. The wording was admittedly pretty terrible. Not as terrible as I am though...!

Edited by Adolf Klokler, 25 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#6 cyron

cyron

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

i would recommend that you keep a list of all classes submitted and how many thatcan be shown in this topic so people know what is needed in terms of class balance to prevent an endless group of swords men

Edited by Cyron, 26 May 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#7 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Sasa Ognenovski's #1 stalker

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

I don't need to sign up again, right?

If I do, um... the one I posted in that other thread is still valid, and I cbf to copypaste.

#8 I don't play for turns

I don't play for turns

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!

• Location:A nation with streets paved with gold and a fast food joint on every corner
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Too bad I don't know how to make mugs...

#9 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

If you Splice something horribly he will use that, and don't be like other random people that can't make sprites and argue to be a main character.

#10 Klokinator

Klokinator

BOOTAY BOOTAY BOOTAY

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

i would recommend that you keep a list of all classes submitted and how many thatcan be shown in this topic so people know what is needed in terms of class balance to prevent an endless group of swords men

I would do that, but I haven't started work on the game yet, I don't have my laptop available to reference, and I don't have access to the team dropbox either.

I don't need to sign up again, right?

If I do, um... the one I posted in that other thread is still valid, and I cbf to copypaste.

Nope, I got your mug and stuff. I'll be adding an "already in" list once I have some time available, and also character bios I've written.

Too bad I don't know how to make mugs...

If you Splice something horribly he will use that, and don't be like other random people that can't make sprites and argue to be a main character.

Pretty much this. If the mug comes out deformed looking, it becomes enrolled in the SSS (Shitty Splice Sorority) or CCC (Crappy Custom Coalition) automatically. If it's a clean, but very boring splice/custom, as in looks completely unremarkable, there's always room for filler characters!

#11 marcus90

marcus90

• Exiled
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Some ideas of mine for this custom cool game?

1) Female-exlusive fighting classes, like Huntresses, Piratesses, Dark Pegasus Riders, Battle Clerics.
2) A character that can have a discussion with anybody each chapter (no support, just discussion) at precise turns in all the maps (like hidden discussion) to flesh out all the characters - for non-ranked playthroughs.
3) Each promoted class has some unique gimmick.
4) There's a class with no-combat skills or supportive skill wathever, just gives people that are 3 square away massive boosts, but this class is very fragile to compensate.
5) More weapons that are not affected by the triangle of weapons.
6) Each character is diverse to the other so everybody is worth using
7) Berserker class has a low random chances to go Berserk during fights and there their attack is boosted but they attack both allies and enemies that are in range
8) Fatigue system of coursse
9) Musics from many different videogames (of course we write about fitting music to the genre)
10) Cameos of characters from FE canon universe that are playable or not?
11) World map withouth random encounters but missions that you can start in taverns for gils (a la Final Fantasy Tactic)?
12) Achievements with proper rewards?
13) Various difficulty settings?
14) Fe4 style mode (BIG ASSED MAPS) and FE normal mode (Same maps divided in chapters)?
15) Final Boss that you can fight mid-game in a watered down version put there to mock you up?
16) Multiple endings related to ranks, people survived, precise unit survived etc...?
17) Development between characters in the sanctuary they stay between maps?
18) Yaoi and Yuri, Shota and Loli (nothing explicit of course) too?
19) Unique reclassing for each character?
20) Map animations that properly show what the hell is happening in map-battle?

Edited by marcus90, 26 May 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#12 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'd highly recommend doing the SSS or CCC if you are not some well known member of the hacking community because you will only end up as some filler with no fun, versus having a horrifying mug that gets placed with a sick animation and has the bio of "A robotic creature that lives off of the tears of children"

#13 Jubby

Jubby

derp

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

lol most of the Dream of Five team is in Team OVERTROLL :P

Uhhh, we talked about my character, right? Also, I think AstraLunaSol said he'd make me a personal mug (but probably more summer time, I think?) so I'll send you that if/when he does :3

#14 CT075

CT075

drunken hobo

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

a) i'm in this right

b) the dof team is largely just a subset of overtroll these days

#15 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

that's what i said cam >:(

lol. i think feaw submitted one but it didn't have frames yet, js.

#16 Klokinator

Klokinator

BOOTAY BOOTAY BOOTAY

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Some ideas of mine for this custom cool game?

1) Female-exlusive fighting classes, like Huntresses, Piratesses, Dark Pegasus Riders, Battle Clerics.
2) A character that can have a discussion with anybody each chapter (no support, just discussion) at precise turns in all the maps (like hidden discussion) to flesh out all the characters - for non-ranked playthroughs.
3) Each promoted class has some unique gimmick.
4) There's a class with no-combat skills or supportive skill wathever, just gives people that are 3 square away massive boosts, but this class is very fragile to compensate.
5) More weapons that are not affected by the triangle of weapons.
6) Each character is diverse to the other so everybody is worth using
7) Berserker class has a low random chances to go Berserk during fights and there their attack is boosted but they attack both allies and enemies that are in range
8) Fatigue system of coursse
9) Musics from many different videogames (of course we write about fitting music to the genre)
10) Cameos of characters from FE canon universe that are playable or not?
11) World map withouth random encounters but missions that you can start in taverns for gils (a la Final Fantasy Tactic)?
12) Achievements with proper rewards?
13) Various difficulty settings?
14) Fe4 style mode (BIG ASSED MAPS) and FE normal mode (Same maps divided in chapters)?
15) Final Boss that you can fight mid-game in a watered down version put there to mock you up?
16) Multiple endings related to ranks, people survived, precise unit survived etc...?
17) Development between characters in the sanctuary they stay between maps?
18) Yaoi and Yuri, Shota and Loli (nothing explicit of course) too?
19) Unique reclassing for each character?
20) Map animations that properly show what the hell is happening in map-battle?

Interesting ideas.
1. No, sorry.
2. I was actually planning a namable character that serves as the "player" character of sorts, so possibly a yes to this.
3. They already do with the skills xD
4. No.
5. Most likely, yes. Characters like Zero and Guile will have non-triangle weapons.
6. Dotdotdot
7. If I added the berserker ingame (The animations and sprites and data aren't in FEXP yet) this might be doable.
8. Or, of course not.
9. It's me making this, so this is probably gonna happen.
10. ... ... ... ... Maaaaaaaaaybe :3
11. I doubt this very much.
12. Fuck. Achievements.
13. Duh.
14. Not doable in FEXP due to speed limitations, and also that's tedious and boring. I hate FE4 for that very reason.
15. wat.
16. Doable, I might be too lazy though.
17. It's an episodic game and all the data of the previous episode is deleted, this isn't doable. Otherwise the filesize for the whole game will be in the 200+ MB range if I did that.
18. what the fuck man
19. No. Just... no.
20. This makes no sense.

I'd highly recommend doing the SSS or CCC if you are not some well known member of the hacking community because you will only end up as some filler with no fun, versus having a horrifying mug that gets placed with a sick animation and has the bio of "A robotic creature that lives off of the tears of children"

I'm considering adding a chapter just for the more generic characters too, we'll see how that works. I don't like planning too far ahead. If I did do said chapter, generic units might get more facetime than normal.

lol most of the Dream of Five team is in Team OVERTROLL :P

Uhhh, we talked about my character, right? Also, I think AstraLunaSol said he'd make me a personal mug (but probably more summer time, I think?) so I'll send you that if/when he does :3

Oh, I thought that princely mug fit you nicely though lol.

a) i'm in this right

b) the dof team is largely just a subset of overtroll these days

You're in this, buddy boy.

#17 marcus90

marcus90

• Exiled
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

With animations played properly, I mean this: during the fights between units in the map and not into the transiction that show you the full animation, it would be nice to animate the little units that you move so they attack properly with their weapons, a la FE3-4-5

#18 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Interesting ideas.

Oh, I thought that princely mug fit you nicely though lol.

It kinda does but Astra's my favourite spriter and I'd rather have a custom, specially from him :P

#19 Klokinator

Klokinator

BOOTAY BOOTAY BOOTAY

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

With animations played properly, I mean this: during the fights between units in the map and not into the transiction that show you the full animation, it would be nice to animate the little units that you move so they attack properly with their weapons, a la FE3-4-5

Only if it bothers you so much that you want to script and sprite everything yourself. I doubt it bugs anyone else.

#20 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I'm good with them just looking at the person and they randomly die. It shows how every FE character is a magician Posted Image