"Heehee~ That's right, the carnival is in town! Tickets to participate in this event have never been cheaper, in fact, I might as well be giving them away~!"
"Huh? I am giving them away?! To the first sixteen people?! What a great deal~ But don't fret if you don't make it in time, we're always ready to keep spots in reserve just in case things go South!- Ah, I haven't even introduced myself~ I am Ilyasviel Von Einzbern, and I'll be your hostess for this carnival! Oh, and there's this guy too, Kotomine Kirei! Do you have any words for our guests?"
"Ahhh, young men, young women. I am well suited to the role of supervisor, and that is once again my part to play. I do very much look forward to seeing who among you are... qualified, and just who shall win this little game."
"Thanks for the insight, Kirei~! Well, without further adieu, let's move on! Next thing I'll have to tell you guys are the rules of the Carnival. I know, I know, bummer, right? Don't worry! These rules are only here so that no one else stops you from having as much fun as you can at the carnival~"
1. This is a Limited OC game. Whilst you are alive you can only talk about the game in the game thread unless you are a part of an informed faction. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game unless you are in the same informed faction, in which case you may talk with members of that faction only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.
- At the beginning of each day, every user gets 1 message to send. These messages accumulate, so unused messages will be retained. A user may not accumulate more than 3 messages.
- A user may only receive up to 2 messages per Day/Night cycle. If the user you are attempting to message cannot receive any more messages, you will be informed that your action failed. This does not use up a message. You will not be informed if a user attempts to send you a message past your own limit.
- At any time, you may respond to your Role PM with "Send USER a message." After that, you can include a message that is up to 1000 characters in length. This message must be housed within Quote tags, and will be sent to USER privately as soon as a host sees it. USER must be listed on the player list, and must be alive.
- Messages will be sent anonymously.
2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0 unless you are a member of an informed faction, and only to another member of the same informed faction. Starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.
3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host, however, is banned at all points.
4. Each day will have a deadline of 72 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "##Vote USER" in bold, or "##No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, do not edit the old vote out, instead place "##UNVOTE" before your new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). Any actions taken before a Host calls an intermission or ends the phase will be considered valid. The game will start on Night 0, but deaths will not happen on Night 0.
5. If there's a tie, no lynch will take place.
6. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action.
- If you are not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.
7. There are no items in this game.
8. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If we notice that you seem to be idle, we reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. We'll most likely nudge first, though.
9. If you have any spreadsheets, please inform us and let us have access to them.
10. If you are modkilled, you win condition will change to "You are allied with yourself. You win if you survive.". Modkills will occur immediately when a host deems fit, and will cause an intermission when they occur. The phase will continue afterward.
- If a modkill occurs during the day, the phase will be extended by 6 hours, and all votes placed on the player Modkilled will be defaulted to No Lynch. So for all of those trying for a Fuck Tiger, don't.
11. After death you are only allowed to post sparingly, however, these posts may not contain information regarding the game. Deadtalking should be kept to a minimum, and any abuse will be dealt with accordingly. If the hosts ask you to shut up, it would be advised to do so.
- If deadtalking results in an obvious advantage to a given faction, members of that faction can expect a modkill to occur on a randomly selected living player of their faction.
12. If your Role PM contradicts the rules, follow your role PM.
13. No editing your posts under any circumstance. Do not fix typos, do not fix formatting. If it bothers you that much, re-post with the errors fixed.
14. Death is most certainly the end for everyone.
15. If you are on the fence as to whether you can do something, please ask a host first. If you do not, you might find yourself modkilled.
"Any questions? Well, I'm sure if there are any, they'll come up~ Alright guys, first sixteen in line get in free~ Don't delay, step right up and come on down~!"
6. Cap'N Flint
10. StrawSloththeStr- ... Strawman.
1. Reinfleche/whatever alias he goes by now
2. Daigoji Excellen
Edited by Ether, 31 May 2012 - 11:59 AM.