June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

Nintendo has updated Awakening's site with details for next weeks DLC character, and this time it is Eirika.

bKjvA.png

It seems like she comes with her own class like Alm did, but I can't tell for sure. She will be 400 yen like Alm, and is scheduled to be the only DLC content for next week.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/dlc_0607.html

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The design itself isn't bad, but now she's a healer? I don't know if I quite like that.

Well she never really was any good at fighting...

Seems like she's using bows in the screen. So I'm guessing Swords/Bows/Staves? I mean since it's a custom class she shouldn't be losing swords.

I'm not a fan of something so ridiculously impractical for battle. The class is even called "Bride", wtf. I mean, Liz's hoop skirt's bad enough but how the fuck does she move

I like the dress though as a standalone design. It's a nice dress, just I don't think it quite belongs on a battle field. It does, however, belong in a real shop. Nintendo should sell it as merchandise instead and I'd totally buy it if I weren't so dirt poor

Edited by Fat Bunny

Seems like she's using bows in the screen. So I'm guessing Swords/Bows/Staves? I mean since it's a custom class she shouldn't be losing swords.

I'm not a fan of something so ridiculously impractical for battle. The class is even called "Bride", wtf. I mean, Liz's hoop skirt's bad enough but how the fuck does she move

I like the dress though as a standalone design. It's a nice dress, just I don't think it quite belongs on a battle field. It does, however, belong in a real shop. Nintendo should like sell it as merchandise instead :B

You play Fire Emblem and this is FE13 which is the most animu/mango FE game EVER so yeah.

/mytwocents

Most FE outfits, ridiculous or not, at least had decent mobility outside of spacemarine knights and they have shit move.

Space Marine Knights eh?

teeheehee

But what about tiny mini skirts and high heels and why is it that I'm only mentioning the stuff the women wear? Oh right.

Bride class?!?! that's the stupidest sounding class ever, what is she going to do? marry the enemy?

Bride class?!?! that's the stupidest sounding class ever, what is she going to do? marry the enemy?

TO DEATH!

It's not the most ridiculous class. Have you seen the other classes in the series? Those are just weird.

Wedding Peach? I guess the dress makes sense if she was in the middle of her wedding when she was summoned.

Wow. That bums me out. Poor Seth, Ephraim, and everyone else who attends are left wondering just where the hell she is and severely distraught.

But what about tiny mini skirts and high heels and why is it that I'm only mentioning the stuff the women wear? Oh right.

Tiny miniskirts don't affect mobility, just decency and protection. It's more practical to wear pants because you'll be better protected (even only by marginal amounts against weapons) and you won't flash anyone while wearing pants, but if a woman doesn't care about flashing the enemy technically a miniskirt won't really hinder her movements. And heels actually depend on the woman. I can run at full speed in 3.5 inch heels and kick someone in the face easily as long as they aren't too tall. It's nowhere as limiting as a big poofy dress.

Also the artist is Daisuke Izuka which I believe did FE12's art but I'm not entirely sure. The art style and colouring looks like it, though.

Edited by Fat Bunny

The class is even called "Bride", wtf.

It does, however, belong in a real shop. Nintendo should sell it as merchandise instead and I'd totally buy it if I weren't so dirt poor

Wait she's a what now?!

Yeah =D

But I'm also poor D=

marry the enemy?

TO DEATH!

=O

Heehee that sounds like a silly thing to have in a game =3

my favorite part about this is the extent they're going to to delay putting out an FE7 character. Assuming the last RvB is revealed in four weeks though it'll probably be then.

though I would be fine with them just never putting out an FE7 character tbh

I can see the resemblance to the FE12 artwork. I mean, even if the design isn't the most practical, at the very least, it looks very nice. Could be far far worse.

Eirika being released seems to go against the supposed DLC "pattern" that many here have been debating over. If anything, this just makes it more apparent that there is no pattern and that the order and number of DLC characters being released is random.

On the topic of Eirika, or more specifically her new class, I honestly can't say I am amazed by it. I know several Spotpass and DLC characters use weapons and classes that do not match with their original classes, but this new class just seems incredibly bizarre.

Why call it "Bride?" Why not "Princess" or "Queen?" Why is the class in a dress of all things? There are just so many things that are inherently wrong with it. This is just my opinion though.

I'll reserve judgement for the class' utility when it is released, but the qualms I have with it just make me cringe.

Edited by Heroic

my favorite part about this is the extent they're going to to delay putting out an FE7 character. Assuming the last RvB is revealed in four weeks though it'll probably be then.

though I would be fine with them just never putting out an FE7 character tbh

Obviously, the FE7 character will be Florina.

Or Eliwood/Hector if they want more sexy abs or Lyn if they want dat everything.

First they made Micaiah slutty,

and I didn't speak out because I dislike her.

Then they gave Elincia a stupid costume,

and I didn't speak out because she bugged me in FE9.

Then they turned Eirika into a lame staff chick with an awful class,

and there was no one left to speak out alongside me.

Also where's my Eliwood? FE7 is long overdue for a rep.

Eirika being released seems to go against the supposed DLC "pattern" that many here have been debating over. If anything, this just makes it more apparent that there is no pattern and that the order and number of DLC characters being released is random.

On the topic of Eirika, I honestly can't say I enjoy it. I know several Spotpass and DLC characters use weapons and classes that do not match with their original classes, but this just seems absolutely bizarre. However, I'll reserve judgement for the class when it is released.

I can't even read Japanese and I can tell she's the character for RvB 2 (when you should have gotten an elibe character but I guess it's GBA not Elibe????) by comparing the chapter names in the list, so you're kinda wrong

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk