Rate the Unit 19: Nanna
Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:59 AM
- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.
- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.
+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.
- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.
- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.
- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.
- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.
- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.
- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.
- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.
- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.
- Scrolls do have impact on a unit's rating. Though they are counted as a seperate point, but no more than +/-1. So that means one point for bias and one for scrolls!
- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.
Overall solid as a mounted staff user. I find she is often underrated because of her low staff rank, but her combat is decent, she has her own ranged sword, and Charisma is extremely useful even if you don't feel she is suitable for combat. 8.5/10
Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:29 AM
8 + 1 bias = 9/10
Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:32 AM
So what can she do? Her innate Charisma skill makes her great to have around even if she doesn't bother too much with anything else. 10 accuracy and avoid in a 3 square radius is a great boon for your army, and she even give support bonuses to four great units, three of them either having their own leadership stars or Charisma, which means that having her around is a good way to counter enemy leadership bonuses. C Swords is ok, which means she's likely getting an A later. E+30 Staves is a bit low however. Much like Asvel, try to aim for a C perhaps, though with her having a mount and actual fighting ability, Physic is left in better hands. Swords and staves together open up a lot of possibilities. The Elite Sword doubles her experience she gets from staves, which solves the problem of her coming at a fairly low level. The added Defense is a great bonus as well, especially when treading around ballistae. On the other hand, the Flame Sword increases her Magic, which means she can put statuses on enemies much easier. It also stacks with M Up/Holy Water and magical purple floor.
As far as combat goes, she's no offensive juggernaut since her offensive stats are quite low. Wrath can help her, and is an especially good combination with the Earth Sword, essentially making her a mounted Nosferatank. She definitely wouldn't mind some scrolls considering her growths are fairly low. A bit of Hezul for some HP and Strength, some Neir to buff her Defense and Build, some Heim for Magic and perhaps Dain later for more Defense.
Great utility with supports, staves and Charisma. Salvageable combat, but will likely require scrolls for growths and/or Wrath.
Edited by Dio, 07 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:04 AM
-A high movement Charisma bot.
-Gets you through Chapters 17/22 with Cyas around with her Earth Sword putting her by Hero Lance Fin and Light Sword Leaf.
-Can nab anything from enemies with her good PCC. Only while she mounts though as her BLD isn't much.
-With her good movement along with Physic/Reserve(If you can get her Staff level this high) makes her one of the greatest supporting unit in the game.
-Get enough time to build her to 20/20
Edited by アイネ, 07 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:23 AM
And she is mounted, so she is essentially a Mage Knight with that thing. And it helps that Nanna has a decent enough magic base to begin with.
Also, being able to use both Swords and staffs puts her into the unique position of profiting from the Elite Sword without actually using it up. And her promotion gives a huge boost to her admittedly lackluster Spd and Magic.
Being a mounted healer is awesome and she is the only one who can do it until Amalda might join.
And Charisma allows her to hand out a +10 Hit&Avoid bonus to everyone in range. And that is even more awesome and not something you get everywhere.
Sadly her staff rank is so low that despite her early join time, it's not very likely to get it to the very valuable A-Rank. Though C-Rank is definitely doable and allows her access to nice staffs like Sleep. And she has a lot more HP so less fatigue trouble. And she has more options to level up anyway.
And she has some nice supports, including Fin, Homer, Leaf and her brother.
10/10 - An awesome unit with tons of rare and valuable options. Lack of high level staffs is the only thing holding her back.
+1 bias because this is such a beautiful day.
Edited by BrightBow, 07 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:41 PM
Pretty much what mostly everyone has said. Charisma FTW!
Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:18 PM
Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:35 PM
8.5 + 1 bias = 9.5/10
Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:43 PM
9.5/10 (8.5 with +1 bias)
Pretty much what mostly everyone has said. Charisma FTW!
Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:55 PM
Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:49 PM
That alone is worth a 9.5/10.
Brighton and Dalshien can't wall forever, and Asvel/Fergus/Machua/Karin/Leaf/Lifis/Lara have to get healed every hit or two.
Also, Mount, PRF sword with 2 range, and charisma.
Oh, and Scrolls for passable combat.
Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:11 PM
Charisma. Earth sword. My thanks. She's very frail for a combat unit, but compared to most staff users, at least, she has good HP prospects. Which is good news, since that means she can show up in more chapters. I like to toss her hezul when I can to grow it better than 50%, and I'm adding that to my bias (+.25? w/e).
Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:00 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users