Scans

Here

Most of the stuff is scanned at 300dpi, although the scanner I'm using is pretty bad. The colour is a little messed up on the cards, likely because of its glossy finish. I'll probably start scanning the unit pages from the Famitsu guide soon since they have the cute little sprites. Might try rescanning the cards to see if I can correct the colour problem because it really looks off compared to the actual thing.

If that link doesn't work, I'll upload them elsewhere.

Edited by Remnant Sage

Liz looks better without her pigtails. I'm also glad to see portraits of some of my favorite characters. It looks like Mark will only look a current way with a change in hair color, "sigh". I wish I at least had a guide book to read as I wait half of a year or more for Fire Emblem in america.

Edited by Angel Valentine

Added more scans. Re-scanned a couple items and the colour turned out a little better. The ones of the DLC lords is supposed to be 1 pic (it's a mini-poster), but I'm really bad at piecing things together so I separated them.

I noticed while scanning that Viole has a unique Sniper sprite animation. This also applies to Archer and Bow Knight in-game. He flips his hair.

I can try scanning more of the Akaneia Chronicle book, but they definitely won't be as nice as the others. It's a hardcover book and I don't really want to accidentally break it (spine sounded like it was squeaking).

Hopefully the localized cartridge keeps the pixel art. Too cute~

Thanks for uploading all this! I do wonder what that manga is about.

Also, wow, the FE1 art is kinda bad. In an endearing way I guess. Also, Radd and Caesar look like malnourished thugs and this amuses me for some reason.

I like how Jake and Beck are literal traced-off recolours with a different face and hair. They didn't even change the shape of their heads. And Maria looks somewhere around 5 years old...

Ah retro game art. It was a much more innocent time back then.

Edited by Samias

Yeah, the comics are from the magazine. I poke around CDJapan a lot, so I ordered the relevant issues along with the guides (and the Type-0 book, but that's not relevant here~). Also ordered the newest issue with KYMG2, so hopefully those will get here in about 2 weeks.

Feel free to manipulate the images.

Yeah, the comics are from the magazine. I poke around CDJapan a lot, so I ordered the relevant issues along with the guides (and the Type-0 book, but that's not relevant here~). Also ordered the newest issue with KYMG2, so hopefully those will get here in about 2 weeks.

Okay, that's really cool. I didn't think many English fans were interested in Nintendo Dream : P

So... The official art for most of the characters isn't available yet?

It isn't sadly, but some more is being added like Vake and Mariabel. Hopefully we'll see one or two more new artwork at the start of July when/if Fire Emblem World updates.

Great! Huge thanks~

Is it possible to find the "official" father of the child characters by looking at their hair colour?

EDIT 1 - I just found out that their hair colours are likely to be based on their mothers'.

EDIT 2 - Page 280 screwed up with the base defense of Taguel. It had 35 there - the same as the maximum.

Edited by nocturnal YL

EDIT 1 - I just found out that their hair colours are likely to be based on their mothers'.

Yeah, this is the same as what the game does when it displays the children in the class roll.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got them in~ KYMG:2 actually doesn't have anything we haven't already seen, which was disappointing. Only 7 pages for FE. Paper quality is quite nice though~ It has the packaging art (the finished version on 1 page and the outlines spread over 2), the prepaid card art (all 3), the Club Nintendo CD art, and Callum in a corner. The Guild01 game that he also provided character designs for had very few pages too, so I'm guessing that the newest ones were just too new to include much more than that...? From the interview at the back, he likes Noire and Lucina the most. I'll continue waiting for a book that compiles all the character art...

Added June's comic. Poor Ronku. Never saw that coming, did he? The poster this time is of Alm, Celice and Ephraim. I can attempt to scan it, but won't be able to piece it together. Also, poor Callum. His head is blocked by Chrom's knee on the box art, blocked by Marth's Falchion and nearly hidden by being close to the binding in KYMG:2. I'll scan some more stuff later.

And Sairi's shoes have heels on them, of the blockier kind.

Just got them in~ KYMG:2 actually doesn't have anything we haven't already seen, which was disappointing. Only 7 pages for FE. Paper quality is quite nice though~ It has the packaging art (the finished version on 1 page and the outlines spread over 2), the prepaid card art (all 3), the Club Nintendo CD art, and Callum in a corner. The Guild01 game that he also provided character designs for had very few pages too, so I'm guessing that the newest ones were just too new to include much more than that...? From the interview at the back, he likes Noire and Lucina the most. I'll continue waiting for a book that compiles all the character art...

Added June's comic. Poor Ronku. Never saw that coming, did he? The poster this time is of Alm, Celice and Ephraim. I can attempt to scan it, but won't be able to piece it together. Also, poor Callum. His head is blocked by Chrom's knee on the box art, blocked by Marth's Falchion and nearly hidden by being close to the binding in KYMG:2. I'll scan some more stuff later.

And Sairi's shoes have heels on them, of the blockier kind.

Please do. I'd like to see it if you don't mind the effort

OK! Scanned the poster (couldn't get it straight enough...), interviews and all the "premium" art from the Akaneia Chronicle (and rescanned the few already done because the book decided to cooperate). Renamed the album accordingly and updated the link.