Dawn Brigade team so far (hard mode)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 theVOID

theVOID

Welcome to me~

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please point me to the right way if I am wrong! I just wanted some input on my team.
Alright, so I'm in the middle of 6-2 right now. These are the DB's current stats. (note: I may have to start over the chapter if Volug dies, so some stats will be a bit different if that's the case ) Yay Volug dodged the mage and Laverton went after Sothe!
Anyone who isn't mentioned here is at base level.
Level 13 Micaiah: 21 hp, 4 str, 17 mag, 15 sk, 10 spd, 20 luck, 2 def (y rng), 16 res. I do see some bexp abuse potential there if her being doubled and 1hko'd by everything except healers (those ~4hko iirc. yay...) becomes too problematic, but she generally never gets in danger anyways for now. Besides, my bexp reserves aren't looking good, and I'm not sure if it'll be worth it since she will not be seeing much combat anyways.
Level 3 Sothe: 36 hp, 20 str, 4 mag, 22 sk, 21 spd, 17 luck, 15 def, 9 res
Level 12 Edward: 26 hp, 11 str, 0 mag, 18 sk, 17 spd, 9 luck, 7 def, 0 res
Level 12 Leonardo: 22 hp, 9 str, 2 mag, 19 sk, 12 spd, 12 luck, 7 def, 7 res. I'm gonna drop him soon. I think he's only gained one point of str, which is more awful than usual. I'm tired of looking enviously at the enemy archers and then seeing his face.
Level 14 Nolan: 31 hp, 14 str, 1 mag, 15 sk, 14 spd, 11 luck, 11 def, 5 res
Generic healer number 3: She's alive; I don't think her stats are needed
Level 16 Ilyana: 25 hp, 7 str, 17 mag, 17 skill, 19 spd (I want to take this all and distribute it to the rest of DB :(), 9 luck, 4 def, 13 res... I wasn't gonna use her on hard mode, but then she gained her first level and she was able to double a few of the weighed down myrmidons. She's faster than Eddy and she 2hko's most things for now. She has transfer bonuses in magic, skill, speed, and res.
Level 15 Aran: 27 hp, 14 str, 1 mag, 18 sk, 12 sp, 9 luck, 16 def, 5 res
Level 16 Jill: 24 hp, 15 str, 1 mag, 15 sk, 17 spd, 15 luck, 16 def, 4 res. She has transfer bonuses in str, sk, spd, and def.

I definitely need to stop using Ilyana so much; she doesn't even have the decency to stay during part 3 to get ripped apart by the laguz with the rest of DB. I'm thinking of picking up Fiona when I drop Leo even if it's only just to support Eddy and give him some extra evasion. Her def and hp greater than or equal to Leo's, so if I can keep him alive, she can stay alive too. The main problem is that she probably only has half of his hit rate lol. Oh, and her availability gets in the way of building a good support level.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me!
inb4hopelessteamstartovergame

Edited by Momentai~, 02 July 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#2 Ciarre

Ciarre

sold my soul to the gay swimming devil

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

You need to stop using so much people. It's better to have 1 or 2 solid combat units as opposed to several mediocre ones. Fiona doesn't do much but chuck javelins to chip away at gauge, and Leo can also do that. Just drop them, they don't really need to be trained.

Micaiah doesn't need to be a combat unit to function, especially in hard mode. As it is, she's going to be doubled and killed by cats and one shotted by tigers (and it's very likely that she'll never get out of that rut), so don't focus on giving her EXP (or BEXP). Her healing is more than good enough even at base.

Focus more EXP into Jill, especially since you got her transferred. Also, you might want to give her the statboosters (especially the robe/draco) if you haven't used them already because she delivers better results with them than any of your other units. She's also the most statistically solid unit on your team as it is aside from Sothe and probably Volug.

Try to use Nolan more, because once he promotes, he'll only be doubled by the 22 attack speed cats on average and also has decent durability. Beastfoe + crossbow can ensure he doesn't take counters on player phase.

About Edward and Aran, since you've bothered to train them, use them, but don't focus on them. You know what I mean? Aran's going to not double forever and gets doubled by almost every single non-armor/mage enemy in 1-E. He's pretty safe in 1-8 and only gets doubled by myrms in 1-7. For Edward, it really depends on what levels he gets. You could use him as a main hitter but his durability looks pretty bad and his strength is also meh. It's following his averages, but you don't really want to have an average Edward carrying your team. He could make good use of wrath/resolve but it's incredibly risky and likely to cause a lot of ragequitting.

#3 theVOID

theVOID

Welcome to me~

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Ah, thanks. No more exp for Leo, but I'll still just send Leo out to support Eddy, since 2+str and 3+def boost he'd provide would be pretty useful. He doesn't have any other options anyways since everyone else I'm deploying has supports.
I now have the paragon scroll, but I'm not sure who to give it to until Jill/ Nolan promotes. Only Sothe, Volug, and Zihark have the capacity for it atm. I'm thinking of giving it to Zihark...
Jill is definitely getting the seraph robe. I'm not gonna give her the draco shield yet, though. Knowing my luck she'll end up with 20 def at level 18 and I'll feel like I wasted it. In the future maybe, but for now she's doing pretty at good taking hits.
So I should use Nolan and Jill the most, then everyone else will be trained sparingly, if at all.
Oh, and in part 3 the fastest cats have 22 speed? How fast are the tigers? I'm worried about Aran getting doubled by them cuz his HP is looking pretty bad now. I don't remember the cats ever doing much damage to him in normal mode, but I'm guessing that'll change in hard mode, so maybe I should be worried about them too...

#4 Quintessence

Quintessence

Ether is flowing through me...

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Aran can tank cats in 3-6 but he's 2HKO'd by Tigers, I had to rely on dodges and def procs to have Aran survive, even with Beastfoe. As Cr said, Jill and Nolan are the best candidates in terms of durability, cause Eddy won't have a nice dodge and is somewhat unreliable. I don't recommend training Fiona, it would be wasting a truckload of resources and her P3 isn't so good. Regarding Ilyana, she looks good but her early P3 is somehow terribad, cause SMs are likely to double her or even crtkill her. Yet, if she keeps on turning good you can have her as a P3 filler with her Def+Hit support bonus.

#5 Silith

Silith

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

OKay.

Michaiah needs no more exp. she has enough mag to staff bot in part3&4

Sothe is okay.

Stop using Edward and Leonardo. If you have a seal left over you might wanna promote Leo for crossbow chipping down hawks in 3-13.

You might wanna stop using Ilyana too, she cna catch up in the GM if yuo want to keep on using her.

Nolan needs more exp. Give him love, kills AND cake!

Aran needs to get more speed which you sadly seem to be a bit underpar on (average of 12.8 at level 15) if he doesn't reach 15 speed after promotiong you might wanna put the 1-F wing on him.

Seeing as you didn't seal Jill for the Bog-T Drop you might just want to keep using her as it is. With those transfers and 2 levels under hwer belt already she's going to be super solid.

#6 theVOID

theVOID

Welcome to me~

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Gah... It seems like such a waste to drop Eddy after dumping so much exp into him. If he can just gain HP, skill, speed, and defense on his next level he'd be Ok I think. Then I can bexp him to level 20, and he'll have 33 hp and 13 def, 16 with Leo support (17 if he stands in a bush too, I believe) as a level 1 swordmaster. I think that's enough to not get 2hko'd by cats. What do you guys think? I don't have anyone else to use bexp on for now anyways. Aran, Jill, and Nolan all aren't going to cap enough stats on time before they promote.
Also, would Zihark be a better choice for resolve/wrath? I'm pretty sure he'll have an A with Nolan by then, so that'll be 45 avoid right there. When he's in resolve mode he'll have.. 24x1.5=36 speed, x2=72 more avoid. Plus his luck... 72+45+12=129 avoid at average bio. That's assuming he doesn't gain any more speed/luck when he levels. What sort of hit rates is he facing in 3-6?

Going into chapter 1-8, current levels:
Micaiah, 15: 23 hp, 5 str, 19 mag, 16 skill, 11 spd, 21 luck, 2 def(STILL!?), 18 res (I only had her kill 2 armor knights and a soldier, the other level was from sacrifice abuse lol)
Sothe's the same
Aran, 16: 28 hp, 15 str, 1 mag, 19 skill, 12 spd, 9 luck, 17 def, 5 res
Nolan, 17: 34 hp, 16 str, 2 mag, 16 skill, 16 spd, 11 luck, 12 def, 7 res
Zihark, 4: 31 hp, 18 str, 7 mag, 22 skill, 24 spd, 12 luck, 14 def, 11 res
Eddy, 14: 28 hp, 11 str, 0 mag, 19 skill, 19 spd, 11 luck, 7 def, 2 res
Jill, 18: 32 hp ( gave her a robe), 15 str, 1 mag, 17 skill, 18 spd, 16 luck, 17 def, 5 res

I'm taking Nolan, Zihark, Laura, and Aran into 1-8, so they should all level up once, maybe twice.
Aran is not looking too well...I doubt he's gonna gain 3 speed before teh r@p3 in 3-6, so I think that speedwing is going to him. Maybe the seraph robe that I just got from Rafiel too...

#7 nano

nano

analytic mind, romantic soul

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

You really shouldn't have used so many people. If you had focused more on Nolan you could have him promoted and getting ready for part 3 with Paragon by now.
Still, since you have a strong Nolan and Jill you won't do too poorly. Try to focus on Nolan. Part 3 DB is about having a few competent units and having a semi-trained Aran with no beastfoe or paragon won't help you much. You can put these on him, but they are much better on the others.

#8 Quintessence

Quintessence

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

You should have just used Meg and Fiona ^^'

#9 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

Loptsided

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Bench Edward for one. Using Fiona in any mode, is a serious pain in the fanny and requires a great deal of resources, turns, and love in general. So i would probably keep her out too. Bench Leo cuz he sucks. He always sucks.
As for Ilyana, are you planning on using her on the long term? Like after she reaches the GMs? If so, i would continue using her because if shes left as is (level 16 first tier), shes gonna be wormfood. If not, bench.

Jill and Nolan should be the guys to focus on a bit here. Aran looks good so he could continue on. His speed is kinda bad but my Arans always end up with about 12 speed until a bit later too. Speedwing might be a good option. As for that Robe, Aran's defense should let him get by. I would actually Seal him in a bit myself seeing how Hard Mode.

You say Jill's got transfers? Well..she should be fine. Nolan could probably use that Seal too if Aran is becoming a problem. As for Micaiah, I would give her two more levels at very least and then leave her be. Because promotion gives her staff access and thats better than Thanibombing in part 3.

So yeah, just put some guys on the bench. EXP is spread too thin.

#10 theVOID

theVOID

Welcome to me~

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

You really shouldn't have used so many people. If you had focused more on Nolan you could have him promoted and getting ready for part 3 with Paragon by now.
Still, since you have a strong Nolan and Jill you won't do too poorly. Try to focus on Nolan. Part 3 DB is about having a few competent units and having a semi-trained Aran with no beastfoe or paragon won't help you much. You can put these on him, but they are much better on the others.

It's ridiculous lol, each kill only yields around 20 exp. Aran is getting a bit strength screwed on top of being a bit behind on speed. Great. I'll see what I can salvage of him once I get to that chapter. It's strange, usually my Aran gets good speed and strength, and Jill and Nolan get screwed. At least I have a dependable Nolan and Jill to fall back on.

You should have just used Meg and Fiona ^^'

I'm going to hack the game and give them the destiny bond ability; when they inevitably die, it'll wipe out half of the map in a fiery explosion.

Bench Edward for one. Using Fiona in any mode, is a serious pain in the fanny and requires a great deal of resources, turns, and love in general. So i would probably keep her out too. Bench Leo cuz he sucks. He always sucks.
As for Ilyana, are you planning on using her on the long term? Like after she reaches the GMs? If so, i would continue using her because if shes left as is (level 16 first tier), shes gonna be wormfood. If not, bench.

Jill and Nolan should be the guys to focus on a bit here. Aran looks good so he could continue on. His speed is kinda bad but my Arans always end up with about 12 speed until a bit later too. Speedwing might be a good option. As for that Robe, Aran's defense should let him get by. I would actually Seal him in a bit myself seeing how Hard Mode.

You say Jill's got transfers? Well..she should be fine. Nolan could probably use that Seal too if Aran is becoming a problem. As for Micaiah, I would give her two more levels at very least and then leave her be. Because promotion gives her staff access and thats better than Thanibombing in part 3.

So yeah, just put some guys on the bench. EXP is spread too thin.

Lol. Yeah, I am planning on using her, but I'm not too sure about taking her to endgame. She and Gatrie have iffy speed caps, along with my other magical unit favorites. I don't think either of them are gonna be able to double anyone in endgame. I like using magical units, but taking Soren, Rhys, Ilyana, Pelleas to endgame on top of having Micaiah and Sanaki forced on me might be pushing it lol. Flare probably will not 1hko even if it does activate.
Jill and Nolan are getting love (but no cake until Ilyana leaves). I'm not worried about either of them anymore since they're getting pretty good speed, defense, and strength. I think that I might seal Aran so he can have paragon and gain some more hp, defense, and strength in the final chapter of part 1. If he gets swarmed by anything other than myrmidons he can get into a bit of trouble. If only he had a bit more speed so everything didn't double him...

On to chapter 9! I like Micaiah, so I'm going to torture myself and train her even though it's not necessary.

Edited by Momentai~, 05 July 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#11 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

Loptsided

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Rhys

O_o
I dunno if you should waste time on him. Hes pretty assy. Soren is the best ever. Ilyana does make good use of Rexbolt but her speed is so bad....SOOOOO BAD. So i dunno. Its yer call, mate.

Micaiah will always benefit from more levels. Im one of the "Promote at Level 20" camp.

#12 Quintessence

Quintessence

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Good luck with Pelleas Fenrir'ing 4-2 reinforcements XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users