- 1992 Olympic Games: finished 1st among 12 teams
Note 11 of the players are Hall of Famers =O
...I challenge you to buil your own USA Basketball Team.
The main rule being strictly enforced is you must use active players from a College or NBA Team. International Players are ok if they currently play for an NBA or College team or they were drafted into the NBA. Free Agents (Both Unrestricted and Restricted) are fine but players who are injured or have announced they are not going to play for the USA Team must be left out. The same goes for Coaches. They can be College or Pro.
Aside from this anything goes. You can state your reasons for your picks but you don't have to if you don't want to.
Here is my 12:
- Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Brandon Bass (Boston Celtics)
- Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
- Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers)
- Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)
- Nate Robinson (Golden State Warriors)
- Amar'e Stoudemire (New York Knicks)
- Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Mike Bibby (Atlanta Hawks)
- Marcus Camby (Portland Trailblazers)
- Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
- Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics)
I decided against using more known players simply because of the age factor and because many of them have either announced they would not be playing USA Basketball or they were selected and dropped the team. I'm a Celtics fan and would have loved to have used the rest of the Boston's Big Four (Pierce, KG, Allen and Rondo) but the New Big Three has been addled by injuries and father time.