kdanger tries interactive fiction

Inactive Account

[spoiler=My Results]You jump out of this timeframe just in time to avoid blowing up. Time to report.

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive implosion that caused a fuel fire, complicated by unknown factor that delayed the crew's response.

—You did not prevent the explosion

—Your supervisor was impressed that you got onto the ship, and is satisfied with your information. You've done your job.

ALL IN ALL, YOU DID PRETTY WELL.

I enjoyed it, and I will probably play through it a couple more times tomorrow to see what else can happen. Nice work.

[spoiler=My Results]—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive implosion that caused a fuel fire, complicated by an unknown factor that slowed the crew's reaction.

—You were missing a few variables, but you got enough data that your supervisor didn't consider the mission a loss.

ALL IN ALL, YOU DID OKAY.

Consider me intrigued! I'm curious to see if I can land myself in the engine room next time...

[spoiler=Attempt 2]THE END.

—You did not obtain any useful information about the explosion

—You got lectured severely upon your return, then fired

ALL IN ALL, THAT DIDN'T WORK SO WELL

[spoiler=Attempt 6 or something]THE END.

—Whether you got any information or not no longer matters

—You failed to prevent the crash, or your own death in it

—You have died.

HAVE A NICE AFTERLIFE

[spoiler=Attempt 7]THE END

—None of your information made it back to the future, so you might as well have not found any

—You prevented the explosion; you are victorious

—You managed to break time and reassign yourself to some sort of Time Traveler Hell

ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF

lul

Feedback so far:

• Rewind's not working for me? Dunno if intentional or not.
  • Very well-written, apart from a handful of typos scattered around and stuff. Dialogue feels very natural.
  • "Unknown factor" seems to imply that there's something more to be found, but I think I've gotten all of the possible endings and this thing is a really big tease :/

Edited by Agro

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive implosion that caused a fuel fire, complicated by an unknown factor that slowed the crew's reaction.

—You were missing a few variables, but you got enough data that your supervisor didn't consider the mission a loss.

I liked it. Definitely interesting, and I'm probably going to end up playing it more.

[*]"Unknown factor" seems to imply that there's something more to be found, but I think I've gotten all of the possible endings and this thing is a really big tease :/

There is actually one more piece of info you could have gotten 8] good job though!

And yeah rewind is just a leftover from the program I used to write it. Need to remove it.

More reply later when I'm not on a touchscreen.

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive failure due to improper calibration, which caused a fuel fire and killed a crew member, complicated by an air mix imbalance that delayed the crew's response.

—Your supervisor was satisfied. You've done your job.

I despise the idea of altering events in the past...unless the consequence of not manipulating would lead to my annihilation. 8]

This is awesome.

- First run:

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive failure due to improper calibration, which caused a fuel fire and killed a crew member, complicated by an unknown factor that delayed the crew's response.

—Your supervisor wasn't specifically impressed or unimpressed. You've done your job.

ALL IN ALL, YOU DID ALL RIGHT.

- Second run:

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive implosion that caused a fuel fire, complicated by an unknown factor that slowed the crew's reaction.

- Third run:

THE END

—None of your information made it back to the future, so you might as well have not found any

—You managed to break time and reassign yourself to some sort of Time Traveler Hell

- Fourth run:

THE END.

—You found out the basic problems: a hyperdrive failure due to improper calibration, which caused a fuel fire and killed a crew member, complicated by an air mix imbalance that delayed the crew's response.

—Your supervisor was satisfied. You've done your job.

Oh well I suck at this. =p

Is there a way to prevent the explosion? I just want to know if it's possible. Don't tell me how to do it.

Edited by Rapier

[spoiler=welcome to the own zone, me]THE END.

—You found out that one crewmember had dropped off the mission and been replaced. Could an error on the part of the replacement contributed to the disaster? It's unclear. You didn't get enough information to go on.

—You did not prevent the explosion.

Edited by Rehab

I liked it. Definitely interesting, and I'm probably going to end up playing it more.

zis

[spoiler=welcome to the own zone, me]THE END.

—You found out that one crewmember had dropped off the mission and been replaced. Could an error on the part of the replacement contributed to the disaster? It's unclear. You didn't get enough information to go on.

—You did not prevent the explosion.

Edited by Rehab

It seems you managed to do so actually.

What I mean is, the best thing that we can do is:

- Prevent the explosion

- Get back to the original timeline before the clusterfuck sends you to a Time Traveler Hell

But I think it is impossible to do that. I just wanted a confirmation.

Ohhhh the air mix imbalance, with the decimal thingo. I didn't realise that was an extra bit of information. It didn't seem to impact anything the first time I did it. Righto. Time to play agen.

I'm pretty sure

the air thing is the only thing you can fix that doesn't end up causing total time travel meltdown.

Yeah that, except

because of the limited time I had to do this and the limitations of the engine, fixing it sort of gets ignored i.e. people pass out even if you fix it. One of the branches I need to add in involves nobody passing out, but shit blowing up anyway.

[spoiler=Wow nice first time huh?]THE END

EDIT: And I just realized that if I had not done what I did and just jumped , I'd have got the best ending! I need to read the prologue/mission objectives better. -.-

Edited by Bluedoom

• 6 months later...