Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

Alright, just making this thread so we can compile the information.

So far, we've found out that the Fire Emblem 3DS is NOT announced in the January issue of GameInformer. BUT. The February issue may hold something. So please, post any rumors and speculation, and images of the Feb. Issue, as well, so we can FINALLY put this to rest, and stop running around like headless chickens.

Edited by Diortem

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a poster at GFAQs:

King_Janaff

Posted: 1/10/2013 5:15:49 PM

I'm telling you I ain't trolling. Here's a pic I took with my 3DS. ( I apologize for the bad quality.)

http://i.imgur.com/yF3Xz.jpg

It says:

"Get the Fire Emblem Awakening Nintendo 3DS hardware bundle at participating retailers, while supplies last."

...Huh? I have access to GI, but I don't understand what you want me to post.

Sorry. There is nothing in the January issue, but supposedly, there is some news in the February issue. So if anyone has the February issue, please confirm this.

I told you I would make this thread. I have proof that it's not a rumor, so you should have let me do it. If GameInformer says it, it goes. It would never lie about things like this. I believe they do make joke sections of their magazines on occasion, but those jokes never relate to actual existing information, and even if they did, this FE: Awakening Information is not part of such a section.

Anyway, here's the proof in my photos.

Magazine1_zpsbf73a7e1.jpg

Magazine2_zpsb4eb3f05.jpg

Holy crap!

But it's not the XL....eh...i don't think i will get it...

Probably will be US only and even if someone does bring one to sell here it's gonna cost the eyes on the face...

But that will certainly skyrocket Fire Emblem attention and popularity here...

Edited by Lanko

I told you I would make this thread. I have proof that it's not a rumor, so you should have let me do it. If GameInformer says it, it goes. It would never lie about things like this. I believe they do make joke sections of their magazines on occasion, but those jokes never relate to actual existing information, and even if they did, this FE: Awakening Information is not part of such a section.

Anyway, here's the proof in my photos.

Magazine1_zpsbf73a7e1.jpg

Magazine2_zpsb4eb3f05.jpg

Sorry, but I had the idea a while before you suggested it. Plus, it barely matters either way, since this is going to be a compilation thread, for convenience's sake.

I have the digital edition of GI, this isn't here at all.

http://imgur.com/a/PbrFE

First shot is a quick search of Fire Emblem - it only has two hits. The next two pages are screenshots of those hits.

And yes, this is the February Issue that has Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

Edited by CinderSkye

First shot is a quick search of Fire Emblem - it only has two hits. The next two pages are screenshots of those hits.

Does the digital version have ads? Because the FE 3DS picture is from an ad.

One of those full page ads, to boot.

Edited by L95

And one of those pages is not in my magazine. Does that make both fake? I doubt it.

Iunno. It'd be really weird for Nintendo to release a special edition 3DS and not mention it anywhere but an ad in the print edition of one magazine less than a month out before the release, after the XL's actual release... but who knows with Ninty these days anymore. Anyone want to call NoA and record it via Skype or something?

Edited by CinderSkye

It doesn't really matter anyway. The physical copy would be easier for people to see the ads and spread it to their friends as opposed to the digital copy. And the digital copy does have fewer ads and more information.

Guys, come on. Just be positive and pray that this is true if you're skeptical! Besides, XL or not, it's better than not getting one at all, right?

I believe this is legit and I hope I can get it through my preorder at Gamestop. Gamestop sells anything game-related so I doubt they won't have the bundle.

Edited by Anacybele

1357858584[/url]' post='2243970']

Guys, come on. Just be positive and pray that this is true if you're skeptical! Besides, XL or not, it's better than not getting one at all, right?

I believe this is legit and I hope I can get it through my preorder at Gamestop. Gamestop sells anything game-related so I doubt they won't have the bundle.

I hope retailers besides GameStop have it.

I'm so excited and glad I waited to get the 3ds.

Walmart probably will. Best Buy too. Best Buy is everything electronics, so yeah. I can't say this for anyone else though (as much as I love Target and Toys R Us).

Edited by Anacybele

I hope retailers besides GameStop have it.

I'm so excited and glad I waited to get the 3ds.

On that topic of retailers: So far, I've found nothing hinting retailers are stocking it. Due to the fact that this surfaced just a while ago, I wouldn't expect anything, but I'll keep my eye on them.