The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, as a matter of saving turn counts, I need to know a couple things.

1) How long is Paralogue 1 open?

2) Recommend Paralogue 1 or Ch. 4 first on Lunatic?

Paralogues are open forever. In any case, I suggest Ch4 first, then P1 before you do Ch5. P1 is tougher than Ch4, but you really want that Rescue staff for Ch5.

Can't speak about an turn count perspective, but it should go along the same lines.

Ch. 19 is the one with all the Generals and Great Knights, Ch. 20 has a good # but not that many

How do you miss the Ch. 3 Hammer anyway

You didn't kill Walhart on Turn 1 in Ch19? I'm impressed; my strategy of choice was reset-spamming to one-round him. Can't imagine doing it the hard way.

Edited by Othin

Now, as a matter of saving turn counts, I need to know a couple things.

1) How long is Paralogue 1 open?

2) Recommend Paralogue 1 or Ch. 4 first on Lunatic?

Paralogue 1 features stronger enemies than Ch 4, so doing Ch 4 first may save you some turns. Then again, I'm old-fashioned, so if I were playing with the sort of standardized guidelines one might imagine in LTC runs of FE 13, I might want to do Paralogue 1 first since it feels weird not to do sidequests as soon as they're available.

Paralogues are open forever. In any case, I suggest Ch4 first, then P1 before you do Ch5. P1 is tougher than Ch4, but you really want that Rescue staff for Ch5.

Can't speak about an turn count perspective, but it should go along the same lines.

You didn't kill Walhart on Turn 1 in Ch19? I'm impressed; my strategy of choice was reset-spamming to one-round him. Can't imagine doing it the hard way.

I killed him on Turn 3

It really, really isn't.

Gotta think long term. Specifically, Chapter 20. You need all the Hammers you can get there.

I have a save at Chapter 20, and while I haven't yet completed it, it doesn't look that armor-saturated, certainly not to the tune of needing 25 more Hammer uses. I mean, have a look at the preceding chapters:

Ch 13: no armors

Ch 14: about ten armors, but can be cleared in one turn without KOing any armors (perhaps not advisable, but worth considering for a LTC run)

Ch 15: a few armors

Ch 16: one armor (the boss)

Ch 17: no armors

Ch 18: no armors

Ch 19: many armors, but for the sake of sanity, probably ought to be cleared in one turn, whether in a LTC run or a leisurely run

Someone who frequently uses Cherche to kill armors in Chs 13-19 might want those extra 25 Hammer uses, but given the amount of options available for beating the rather weak-ish armors in the chapters preceding Ch 20 (Rapier, magic, strong axe users with or without Hammer), I wouldn't say that missing the Ch 3 Hammer ought to cause too much of a headache.

Chapter One was a miserable experience until I realized Freddy could have Avatar's sword.

Chapter Two seems to have no such solution.

Let's be honest...Chapter 2 is a GIGANTIC pain in the ass, even if you go slow. Trust me, it's like 10x worse if you try to rush it. Let me try to find a video that will help you out...

P.S. As for the Ch.3 hammer, I may or may not have killed the boss before the hammer warrior reached Freddy.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I started a Lunatic run on the bus home about two hours ago.

Yes it was lunatic/casual don't judge me that bus jitters and its really annoying to misclikc because of it

My reactions?

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not even gonna try Hard Casual, no way in hell am I even gonna glance at Lunatic. 8D; My sister tried Lunatic Casual last night, though. She's not as good at the game yet, so she was stuck on the first chapter, and she kept getting Chrom and/or her Unit killed. After about 20 or so resets, she decided to step down to Hard.

Lunatic DOES look like it might be fun, but is the potential frustration worth it? D8 Lunatic+ sounds like it would drive you mad.

Um... to some, yes; to others, no.

I myself enjoy resetting and finding the perfect strategy to use, but I don't think everyone is cut out for Lunatic (although I think most people have the potential).

For starters, you could do Hard Classic. (Casual is for wimps.)

It'd be good practice for Lunatic... (although it wouldn't be enough practice, since the step-up is pretty big...)

Um... to some, yes; to others, no.

I myself enjoy resetting and finding the perfect strategy to use, but I don't think everyone is cut out for Lunatic (although I think most people have the potential).

For starters, you could do Hard Classic. (Casual is for wimps.)

It'd be good practice for Lunatic... (although it wouldn't be enough practice, since the step-up is pretty big...)

I like Casual, people don't have to die when they're killed. 8D; I hate restarting a chapter because of one small oversight or instance of bad luck. I might try at least Hard... I might...

I like Casual, people don't have to die when they're killed. 8D; I hate restarting a chapter because of one small oversight or instance of bad luck. I might try at least Hard... I might...

Then what are you doing in this thread?

Yeah, do hard... and then you'll find out that that wasn't as hard as you thought it was. ^^

And then you can play Lunatic. Take baby steps... baby steps. :P

(I felt that way about Fire Emblem, too, until I applied myself more... after which I enjoyed the harder difficulties. It's like challenging myself to see what my limits are.)

Just completed Lunatic Mode (Classic) and Oh. My. God, that was hard. The game says I spend roughly 40 hours on the playthrough, but it's at least double that with all the resetting involved. Also, damn that final chapter was hard. Tried it like 10 times, then grinded for a bit and came back. Still hard, even with most of the stats on my units maxed out. In the end, I just went straight for the boss with a couple of galeforces and had some luck in skill activations and took him down.

Afraid to touch Lunatic+ mode now though...

Then what are you doing in this thread?

Yeah, do hard... and then you'll find out that that wasn't as hard as you thought it was. ^^

And then you can play Lunatic. Take baby steps... baby steps. :P

(I felt that way about Fire Emblem, too, until I applied myself more... after which I enjoyed the harder difficulties. It's like challenging myself to see what my limits are.)

I like hearing about Lunatic mode. People are absolute beasts, and here I am struggling on Normal. 8D; I admire the guts it takes to do Lunatic mode. I need to restart one of my files anyway, I will give Hard mode a try...

Chapter 2 is worse (way worse) than chapters 3 and 4, imo. It's kind of ridiculous how precise your moves have to be in the first couple of turns in order not to get smashed to bits -- the enemies are precisely positioned that, if you double up properly and move everybody who's not Freddy in the correct 4 spaces, only Freddy will get hit. Then it's a matter of placing Freddy like 1 space down, 2 spaces right of the nearest myrm, equipping him with a bronze sword/lance, and praying a double attack doesn't happen so he doesn't get hit enough times to die.

Yeah, it's bad.

Anyways, on my efficiency run...managed to swing a 5 turn on chapter 4; I would've done a 4 turn if I could've only killed the other short axe user. However, since they always 2 range, Freddy can't ORKO them in counter on EP, so I don't know if anything less than a 5 turn is feasible in lunatic. However, if anybody has done it, please let me know. I'll keep the save file open just in case.

Chapter 2 is worse (way worse) than chapters 3 and 4, imo. It's kind of ridiculous how precise your moves have to be in the first couple of turns in order not to get smashed to bits -- the enemies are precisely positioned that, if you double up properly and move everybody who's not Freddy in the correct 4 spaces, only Freddy will get hit. Then it's a matter of placing Freddy like 1 space down, 2 spaces right of the nearest myrm, equipping him with a bronze sword/lance, and praying a double attack doesn't happen so he doesn't get hit enough times to die.

Yeah, it's bad.

Anyways, on my efficiency run...managed to swing a 5 turn on chapter 4; I would've done a 4 turn if I could've only killed the other short axe user. However, since they always 2 range, Freddy can't ORKO them in counter on EP, so I don't know if anything less than a 5 turn is feasible in lunatic. However, if anybody has done it, please let me know. I'll keep the save file open just in case.

You can prevent support partners from firing unwanted double attacks by simply trading away their weapons onto the lead character. Useful both for survival and for controlling experience distribution.

You can prevent support partners from firing unwanted double attacks by simply trading away their weapons onto the lead character. Useful both for survival and for controlling experience distribution.

Ah, right, that's true. How silly of me.

I just ended up having Freddy take Vaike on turn 1, because I was going for a 6 turn clear and needed the STR bonus to OHKO myrms with a Silver Lance.

I just ended up having Freddy take Vaike on turn 1, because I was going for a 6 turn clear and needed the STR bonus to OHKO myrms with a Silver Lance.

That requires him to have spammed Lance rank up to A. I hear some people give him the Bronze Sword for the Ch1 Hammer, which would make this impossible, unless I misremember.

That said, that is the most useful Vaike has ever been for me and I did probably the same thing. Well, except once I cleared the bottom half I took it easy, and didn't want to fuck up.

Ch6 was not so bad once I decided to lean on Marth and let her help out choking points.

Ch10 gave me bollocks of trouble until I said fuck it, I'm boss-rushing and ending it, those wyvern reinforcement are run-killers and not worth the XP.

Paralogue 4 was a lot of fun, I think I was at about the right level for it, unlike Paralogues 2 and 3, which I totally stomped. I even saved Anna's sister's life, which I didn't think possible on Lunatic the first time I loaded up the chapter, before deciding to put it off, and only use Paralogue XP buffers if I get really scared/stuck in maingame (like Ch11 is sort of scaring me).

That requires him to have spammed Lance rank up to A. I hear some people give him the Bronze Sword for the Ch1 Hammer, which would make this impossible, unless I misremember.

I had him at B lances, since I believe he got A rank sometime late in that first EP (and I *think* the myrm attacks first), but then again, I think Freddy proc'd STR on his level up. I know he *just* reached OHKO status.

And yes, I did have him go bronze sword for Hammer!Time on Chapter 1.

That said, that is the most useful Vaike has ever been for me and I did probably the same thing. Well, except once I cleared the bottom half I took it easy, and didn't want to fuck up.

I just re-did chapter 4, and with a +3 MT javelin forge and a STR tonic, managed to swing a 4 turn clear (too bad half my starting gold is now gone). I found Vaike invaluable in finishing off the knights -- pretty much I needed Marth and MU to do a double attack on one of the hits (like almost 70% chance of that, so not too bad), but they were left with ~3 health, perfect for a baseline Vaike. I *may* even use him, although I'm trying desperately to make my Virion useful.

I may or may not have had Vaike finish off Marth (I didn't need to, I could've just finished her off with Freddy, but I had fun with it). It turns out Vaike has a 50% chance to hit her for 7 damage, while she does like 21x2 damage to him on Lunatic.

The problem is that I have no idea what features I can use legitimately in an efficiency run. Obviously, DLC content is off-limits, but what about, say, skirmishes? Do I treat them like FE8 or consider them like FE12 arena, since I can pay to spawn them? Or what about random items from sparkled spaces? Tonics? Renown rewards? Shops from bonus teams? Hell, even Barracks seems to give random rewards.