The Lunatic Club

Shinori

This is the club/thread for anyone who is either working on lunatic or has beaten lunatic.

Mostly just because I'd like to see how everyone else is progressing through Lunatic and Lunatic+

I might even keep a list of everyone who has beaten lunatic in order as much as possible. It might be fun. Or maybe I'll just do that with Lunatic+

If you are working on Lunatic and are stuck anywhere feel free to ask questions here I'm sure people here could help a bit.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stuck on chapter two of Lunatic Classic.

Jumping from Normal Casual to Lunatic Classic is a bit jarring.

How much defense and speed does your avatar have?

I beat Lunatic and Lunatic Reverse in New Mystery of the Emblem... Does that count?

Sure!

My avatar has 7 speed and 9 defense.

Either pair fred up with chrome or MU and have him run forward a bit. or pair fred up with MU and have him run forward. Either way make sure they have virion's elixir.

THEN RUN TO THE FORT QUICKLY.

Doing Lunatic. But my run probably doesn't count, since I'm currently DLC-grinding to make everyone max everything before pressing on.

I'm thinking about doing Lunatic+ with DLC grinding later on. Grinding won't save you from Counter or Hawkeye (Absolute Hit).

hawkeye.gif

Doing Lunatic. But my run probably doesn't count, since I'm currently DLC-grinding to make everyone max everything before pressing on.

I'm thinking about doing Lunatic+ with DLC grinding later on. Grinding won't save you from Counter or Hawkeye (Absolute Hit).

hawkeye.gif

First you have to beat the first 3 chapters on lunatic+

Does Lunatic Casual count? (I'm on chapter 14 and I'm currently recruiting the children) I'm planning on doing Lunatic Classic (Or maybe Lunatic+) after I beat Lunatic Casual.

If you do Lunatic CAS, you will only unlock Lunatic+ CAS though, just saying

I was doing a quick run of Lunatic CAS to be able to play Lunatic+ CLA as fast as possible.... that didn't work out XD

As someone who looks to potentially join this club one day, do you guys have any suggestions or resources for starting on Lunatic? Are there any strategies one should focus on?

Make sure MU is strong and use Frederick as much as you need. I actually didn't use him that much myself though. Mainly though focus on making a few specific units strong. That's my opinion.

[/size]

Well. That's nice~

I'm always up for a nice (hard) FE challenge.

...Always. (Which is why The Strongest One's Name DLC excites me so much. HNG~ >_<)

Iono. Lunatic+ is partially random and luck based. Every enemy has 2 of the random Lunatic+ abilities. So you can get stupid things like a merc with vantage+ and luna+ and then fred who was taking 0 damage get's chunked pretty hard.

I beat classic. Manakete's op.

How did you keep Nowi viable without grinding? I had trouble getting any use out of her beyond having her deal 2-range chip damage in Chapter 8. Whereas Panne has Beastbane and can be reclassed to something more mobile (Wyvern Knight) while retaining good Str and Spd growths, Nowi gets a fairly useless ability in Wyrmsbane and develops neither the Str nor the Spd needed to ORKO many things, particularly in the lategame. At least in Lunatic mode, I can't see how her mediocre offensive growth rates can be salvaged by her increased experience growth rate. Nowi's Def and HP growth rates are the only things that impress me, but Avatar will likely be a better (dodge-)tank anyway by the time you get her on your team.

Speaking of Lunatic Mode... Which do you think is harder? Lunatic Reverse in FE12, or Lunatic+ in FE13? (I asked this somewhere else, but no one actually replied...)

Haven't yet unlocked it, but Lunatic+ looks a lot harder; the presence of randomly selected (and powerful) abilities forces you to think on your feet, and can sometimes result in unsalvageable situations before even starting the level. I would say the first quarter or so of FE 13 Lunatic is comparable in difficulty to FE 12 Lunatic and gets slightly easier in the next third; however, the last third of FE 13 Lunatic can be a lot harder (depending on what constraints you place on yourself; there are imbalanced options like Nosferatu that can completely trivialize the game) since the enemy density is much higher than that of FE 12 Lunatic, and since enemy strength relative to that of your units is comparable in both games.

lono. Lunatic+ is partially random and luck based. Every enemy has 2 of the random Lunatic+ abilities. So you can get stupid things like a merc with vantage+ and luna+ and then fred who was taking 0 damage get's chunked pretty hard.

All the better!

...Or not...

It sounds hard, but challenging! (Yay!)

I always did enjoy resetting the game.

It just sort of grew on me after doing it all the time. XD

Like, in FE12 H1, I don't need good stat-ups to beat the game... but I reset the game anyway. I just don't feel right if someone gets a bad level up. (As in, I feel extremely disappointed.)

I used paralogue to level her up a bit then I made her a wyvern rider and had her paired up with Kellam. Then I made her a wyvern lord and she killed things.

My stronger manaketes were more or less Nah and Morgan. I had saved most of my stat modifiers and used them to give what boosts I needed to help them do what they needed to do.

Also Tonics are your friend.

All the better!

...Or not...

It sounds hard, but challenging! (Yay!)

I always did enjoy resetting the game.

It just sort of grew on me after doing it all the time. XD

Like, in FE12 H1, I don't need good stat-ups to beat the game... but I reset the game anyway. I just don't feel right if someone gets a bad level up. (As in, I feel extremely disappointed.)

Paperblade did his first run on lunatic.

He quit lunatic+ on chapter 2.