Neku Sakuraba Sprite Request

Crimson Red

Hi~,

I was wondering if anyone could maybe help me out with a certain sprite. It'd be remaking a character called Neku Sakuraba from the game The World Ends With You in Fire Emblem portrait style. You see, I need it for a hack of mine, but I'm not exactly the greatest spriter myself, so I could use some help.

He's a bit difficult to draw, as the following images will show, mainly due to his incredibly spiky hair in the back and the fact that the art-style he... originates from is rather unique, to say the least.

As for favors back, I don't have many skills besides hacking and web design, but hey, I figure it can't really hurt to ask, so thanks for hearing me out, at the very least.

Neku_Sakuraba.jpg

Side-angle | An epic sketch | Another angle/style

You can find more references on google images, there are tons :O

I'm trying to see if I can make it now =o I hate saying this though because I'm a slow worker and sometimes I end up never finishing things I start, so this is sorta tentative =< But I've got my plan sketched out so far at least~

My question is

His proportions are all different from FE proportions. Should I try making his more realistic and more like FE's or should I try sticking to his proportions? Because his head is pretty darn big x3 And his arms and body are skinnyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah I know, this was something that was bothering me when I was looking at it, which is why I tried to find some artwork that might fit it better, but meh... I'd say go for FE-proportions and don't worry too much about replicating the exact pose or structure; it's going to go in a game, so it's probably more important that it looks like its an FE sprite than accurate to the original artwork. For example, the 4th reference/last link has a bit of a different style than the others and looks slightly better proportioned, but of course doesn't look as much like Neku as a result, but you can still tell it's him, and that's what most important IMO.

Regardless, if you do decide to do it, it'd be awesome, and I don't exactly have some back-up plan, so I'll probably be happy with anything better than I can do XD (which is not saying much, I am terrible :P... also, "beggars can't be choosy" lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea either D=

Sowwy I've had sooooooo much to do so just in case, you should let Sundus go ahead and try~

I probably would've finished it before I became busy if it weren't for the dreadful hackbox