Why can't the fathers recruit their children?

RJWalker

I'm guessing vaguely the same reason they're locked to the moms, and the dads just change their class/appearance etc- a lot less work, given the number of variables. Wouldn't have been unreasonable to ask for, given the kids can only have so many dads, but I imagine it was on a list of things they might have wanted to add in, then had to cut when time or money were wearing thin.

Edited by Rehab

I think Chrom can recruit all of his children. I know for sure he can recruit Morgan and Cynthia (I haven't seen the latter firsthand, but I keep hearing about this pega pony princess thing...).

I'm pretty sure the reason for it is what Rehab said.

Thing is, Chrom can recruit Every child character. I'd presume it's so you can recruit them even though the mother is dead.

Actually, Chrom can't recruit Laurent--you have to visit the southwest village in Paralogue 14 with Miriel only. You go to that village with anyone else, you get an item, and the village disappears forever. Trust me, I tried, it doesn't work with Chrom.

But Chrom can recruit Laurent. I didn't get an item if Chrom visited the village. I have no way of posting screenshots but it worked for me.i haven't saved over it yet so i can do the recruitment again and post the conversation and such.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Actually, Chrom can't recruit Laurent--you have to visit the southwest village in Paralogue 14 with Miriel only. You go to that village with anyone else, you get an item, and the village disappears forever. Trust me, I tried, it doesn't work with Chrom.

Chrom can recruit Laurent, yes.

In the NOA version anyway.

Are you sure about that? I visited Laurent's village with Robin and didn't get him, but the village didn't disappear either. Then I sent Chrom to the village and he recruited Laurent. (Miriel was doing something else on another part of the map.)