Apparently there were additional polls in Knights of Iris besides character popularity

I.M. Gei

Libra/Tharja bugs me on the favorite pairing list. It's ranked 11th(?) but still, I don't get it why it's popular. It's my least favorite pairing.

I know it shows Libra's dark and troubled past, and Tharja actually being a pretty nice girl but other than that I don't see the appeal. I think it's breaking Libra's character instead.

How does it break Libra's character? Is a priest not allowed a small selfish desire once in a while? And even then, it's not selfish at all, unless wanting happy childhood memories makes Libra look like a selfish prick. Seriously, how is it bad?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it break Libra's character? Is a priest not allowed a small selfish desire once in a while? And even then, it's not selfish at all, unless wanting happy childhood memories makes Libra look like a selfish prick. Seriously, how is it bad?

Something about a clergyman looking into the dark arts when he himself doesn't really take said profession to heart more so than a means to escape his childhood trauma.

Well, 'out of selfishness'...but from what you said about not selfish at all somehow contradicts it.

I guess nobody's perfect.

But in his S support he still gives himself to the hexes, even when he's already relieved(it could end on A but some people).

Then again, the hate is already stemmed on me so I decided to avoid the pairing instead.

Something about a clergyman looking into the dark arts when he himself doesn't really take said profession to heart more so than a means to escape his childhood trauma.

I think his childhood trauma makes him couldn't take his profession on heart.

Frederick and LISSA? EW! That's disgusting! Frederick must be at least ten years older than her and she has to be like 15 or something! Then again, this is the Japanese we're talking about...

I like Lissa, but I can tolerate Sumia being Fred's wife more than her. UGH.

But on the flipside, looks like the Japanese like leaving Sumia forever alone. Haha! Poor her. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Wasn't this already posted at one point?

I guess I'll mention that Henry X Olivia never clicked for me. Even in the Japanese script. It's cute, but it's something I wouldn't exactly go for even gameplay or reasons.

Yep, I posted it when I got my copy of Knights of Iris.

There are a number of other polls, favourite VA, favourite Spotpass Character, favourite villain, favourite quote, favourite scene, etc.

Top Spotpass

Marth 2.4%

Lyn 2.1%

Roy 1.9%

Eirika 1.9%

Sigurd 1.7%

Alm 1.6%

Ephraim 1.5%

Seliph 1.4%

Leif 1.4%

Ike 1.4%

Top Villains

Mustafa 21.9%

Gangrel 13%

Walhart 9.6%

Excellus 9.1%

Victor and Vincent 8.7%

Grima 7%

Aversa 6.9%

Cervantes 6.4%

Validar 4.1%

Yen'fay 3.7%

Who Would You Cosplay As?

My Unit 27.6%

Lucina 9.9%

Donnel 3.8%

Lissa 3.5%

Gaius 3.5%

Owain 3.3%

Cordelia 3%

Gerome 2.8%

Chrom 2.8%

Nowi 2.8%

Edited by Wheels

Frederick and LISSA? EW! That's disgusting! Frederick must be at least ten years older than her and she has to be like 15 or something! Then again, this is the Japanese we're talking about...

But on the flipside, looks like the Japanese like leaving Sumia forever alone. Haha! Poor her. lol

Lissa can't be THAT young. 8U She's 18-19 at the very least. If Emmeryn was 10 15 years ago when the previous King died, she's 25, which puts Chrom around 20-22, so Lissa can't be younger than 18. But then, that's my personal estimate, since very few people in this game have their age revealed. If you put Frederick at 25 as well, then it's only an age difference of 7, which really isn't that bad.

And dude, that's harsh to poor Sumia. She really doesn't deserve that kind of bile.

I do believe you just insulted the entire Japanese culture and the people ;/

Anyway ... so many interesting polls, haha.

Who Would You Cosplay As?

My Unit 27.6%

Lucina 9.9%

Donnel 3.8%

Lissa 3.5%

Gaius 3.5%

Owain 3.3%

Cordelia 3%

Gerome 2.8%

Chrom 2.8%

Nowi 2.8%

o_o; Wow, who would be brave enough to cosplay as Nowi in public? Then again, there are shameless Yoko cosplayers too... But indeed, these are interesting polls.

It wouldn't really be a matter of brave, I don't think. I mean, if they really didn't feel confident, they could just make her top on a skin tight, skin coloured body suit. It would really come down to the want to cosplay her, and the skill of the sewer, IMO.

Well, 'out of selfishness'...but from what you said about not selfish at all somehow contradicts it.

I guess nobody's perfect.

But in his S support he still gives himself to the hexes, even when he's already relieved(it could end on A but some people).

Then again, the hate is already stemmed on me so I decided to avoid the pairing instead.

He did that so she could see his love for her.

Also uh, how is Henry x Cherche "tear jerking" exactly? I just made that one myself, and I certainly didn't feel like that from it.

He did that so she could see his love for her.

Also uh, how is Henry x Cherche "tear jerking" exactly? I just made that one myself, and I certainly didn't feel like that from it.

For me, it was how Henry was friends with a wolf. One day his wolf friend tried to visit him in the village, but she got killed by the other villagers. Essentially, Henry's only friend ever in his childhood was killed. The sad face Henry makes in that convo feels WAY more real than Olivia faking being cursed to get a rise out of him. Added with Cherche's quiet sympathy made the support very sad yet sweet.

Maybe "tear-jerker" was the wrong word, but I still found it rather sad. There's also how in their A Support, Cherche firmly decides that Henry needs human friends instead of animal friends, and decides to spend the day with him.

It's similar to Henry's supports with Panne, now that I think about it. Henry begging Panne not to abandon him in their A support was also rather sad yet sweet to me, along with Panne's promise not to abandon him. Cherche/Henry and Panne/Henry are all the heartwarming feels that Olivia/Henry wishes it had.

(man all of my most recent posts have been shipping related, my goodness)

Yeah I just read Henry/Olivia, that one fuckin sucks. Also gives him backstory I'm not really sure we needed, but that's a different story. I guess I just don't see his support with Cherche as heartwarming exactly, since we don't learn a whole lot from Cherche from it. It was an alright support I guess, I mostly did it because I picked the two at random and stuck with it.

I do believe you just insulted the entire Japanese culture and the people ;/

Anyway ... so many interesting polls, haha.

How so? Just because I find pedophilia disgusting doesn't mean I find Japanese people disgusting. I do think they have some weird tastes though. Still. I don't hate them or anything.

@Ana:

You made an erroneous statement that insinuated the Japanese people to be pedophiles.

This is not okay.

Ontopic:

Lucina would probably be fun to cosplay. :3

Edited by Thor Odinson

@Ana:

You made an erroneous statement that insinuated the Japanese people to be pedophiles.

This is not okay.

How dare you put words in my mouth?! I never said NOR implied such a thing! I don't even think that at all.

How is this not insulting? How can you be so ignorant of the implications of your own words?

How is this not insulting? How can you be so ignorant of the implications of your own words?

How can you make such rude accusations of me? I meant to imply that I think the Japanese have weird tastes with that sentence, not that they're disgusting perverts.

That in itself is an offensive statement by blanketing Japanese culture like that. I don't think you get how offensive you are and I will not derail the thread further.

That in itself is an offensive statement by blanketing Japanese culture like that. I don't think you get how offensive you are and I will not derail the thread further.

I don't think you get how rude you're being by accusing me of such nonsense, but I don't want to derail the thread further either.

Isn't SethxEirika the same thing? I remember you liked that pairing.

Isn't SethxEirika the same thing? I remember you liked that pairing.

Uh, no. Seth and Eirika don't appear to have that much of an age gap. Eirika looks 18ish while Seth looks like he's in his early twenties, imo.

Seth's a general. I wouldn't put him that young. Late twenties would be more reasonable.

IIRC Lissa is at least older than Donnel or something but I don't particularly feel like sifting through supports to see if I remember right.