No Streetpass Bug (JP)

So, some people have accused me via PM of BS'ing and saying that the streetpass bug exists on the Japanese version too.

And that I'm just a weeaboo and just think that the Japanese version is superior.

For those of you who have never encountered the Streetpass bug/glitch in the North American/European Version, it is that if another person puts DLC/Spotpass Legacy characters in their Streetpass team, you will NEVER see them. You will only see a randomly generated team.

Well then, get at me people:

NoStreetpassBug1.pngNoStreetpassBug2.png

NoStreetpassBug3.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

... Did your Marth just randomly gain stats? And the second pic it's depicted that he's maxed out his experience, while the first one he simply has zero.

Well this is new. Haven't run into it myself, of course, but, huh.

... Did your Marth just randomly gain stats? And the second pic it's depicted that he's maxed out his experience, while the first one he simply has zero.

Lunatic Mode.

Enemy Marth gets the EXP part shaved off because you're fighting them.

Lunatic Mode.

Enemy Marth gets the EXP part shaved off because you're fighting them.

I see.

So... um. What exactly is this stresspass bug you're referring to?

DLC or Spotpass get randomized, or something like that when used in a Streetpas team

To put into basic terms, if you want the best Streetpass team ever, you can't take a shortcut and use Spotpass units

And you can't use RFK Marth eiter >_>

I see.

So... um. What exactly is this stresspass bug you're referring to?

Edited in the first post.

In other words, you will NEVER encounter Streetpass Teams with Spotpass or DLC characters in the North American and European versions of the game. Ever.

They will only show up as randomly generated teams on your 3DS. So if your friends have Spotpass or DLC characters in their team, tell them to remove them. Because no one will ever see their team.

Oh, really? Okay. For a moment I thought it was super serious. Hearing the word "bug" gives me a mini-heart attack. Thanks EA. I should warn my sister about that, though, she does love using her Marth.

Thanks to you both! ^_^

I think it's a rather nasty bug because you might not even realise you're wasting your time by including DLC/SpotPass characters.

The only way you'll know is by reading about the bug online or the players you tag come and tell you they can't find your team and, to be honest, both of these are unlikely scenarios for casual fans.

So, I never did find out if this was confirmed, but guest streetpass avatars are ok to be put on a team without this bug activating? No one has ever given me a straight answer on that, and since I'm now currently putting in a lot of time training my Avatar Army I don't want that training to go to waste...

So, I never did find out if this was confirmed, but guest streetpass avatars are ok to be put on a team without this bug activating? No one has ever given me a straight answer on that, and since I'm now currently putting in a lot of time training my Avatar Army I don't want that training to go to waste...

Yes, they work fine. One of my friends has a team made up entirely of other people's Avatars from school (not mine though, he can't seem to beat my team...), and I've received and battled that team just fine.

I can confirm that an Avatar Army is perfectly fine. I found out about the bug the hard way: training 9 DLC/SpotPass characters and never seeing my friends StreetPass my team. After writing to Nintendo, I trained 9 more Avatars.

EDIT: Ninjas. Damn.

Edited by Søren

This is annoying. I hate how my amazing good DLC Ephraim was just a waste of time, Walhart doesn't really substitute Ephraim either and no other unit can replace his amazingness. So much for that.

And just like how they'll probably never fix the North American Japanese voice bug... I doubt they'll fix this one.

That, too. Do you know if the EU version has that bug?

I never really cared for Legacy characters anyway so this doesn't really effect me. I think the main problem with getting it fixed is that NoA probably doesn't even know it's broken. The community could, you know, bring this up with them and see if they can make a patch or whatever.

I can confirm that an Avatar Army is perfectly fine. I found out about the bug the hard way: training 9 DLC/SpotPass characters and never seeing my friends StreetPass my team. After writing to Nintendo, I trained 9 more Avatars.

EDIT: Ninjas. Damn.

My god. I did exactly the same thing, for a few weeks, and eventually asked my friend why his team of all Avatars never had my Avatar in it.

He said he never Streetpassed me.

Now he just doesn't have my Avatar because he hasn't beaten my team yet, and doesn't believe in bribes.

I still train up Spotpass units anyways, just for fun.

And just like how they'll probably never fix the North American Japanese voice bug... I doubt they'll fix this one.

that's ok though, Japanese version doesn't have English voices period :smug:

that's ok though, Japanese version doesn't have English voices period :smug:

which is good?

Anyway, don't really use DLC characters... Or at least plan to include them in any StreetPass teams. And I dunno anyone else who plays FE games around me besides random strangers who happen to take the same train as me every work day.

• 8 months later...