Your Headcanon Pairings?

I remember someone telling me about Dragon Quest or something...

That there was a choice for the protagonist between two girls. And that there was a "preferred" one that was hinted at. Picking the non preferred one makes the girl you didn't choose have her father die... and work at a bar without rest and she would be hinted to get assaulted and abused every day.

And then if you chose the preferred one, her father won't die. And the other girl would live just fine.

...now that's an extreme example, but I remember my friend said westerners were REALLY pissed about that.

I've heard of that. That was... seriously extreme.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That there was a choice for the protagonist between two girls. And that there was a "preferred" one that was hinted at. Picking the non preferred one makes the girl you didn't choose have her father die... and work at a bar without rest and she would be hinted to get assaulted and abused every day.

And then if you chose the preferred one, her father won't die. And the other girl would live just fine.

...now that's an extreme example, but I remember my friend said westerners were REALLY pissed about that.

Reminds me of FSN where, if you don't follow Sakura's route, Sakura is likely to keep suffering at the hands of Zouken for an eternity. Of course, you only know that after playing through her route, and her route is the last to be unlocked.

Not sure if Nasu favors a girl in FSN because there's a Fate anime and an Unlimited Blade Works movie. Saber is the favorite girl in polls, though.

That would piss me off as well, honestly. In cases where creators prefer a certain pairing THAT strongly over any other choice, just don't give players a choice in the first place and go the route of Sigurd/Diadora.

I'll try to do this best based on relationships instead of stats and skills, here goes.

For the MU, Chrom or Tharja just feels canon to me and I think they both make good families. With FeMU you can get Chrom's OP family and it gives an interesting twist for Lucina who debates killing her own mother. With MaMU Tharja just gets creepily obsessed but I feel the MU would be a good supportive father for poor Noire.

With that out of the way here are the rest.

Chrom X Sumia - I don't feel like this ship is shoved down our throats like some people complain about. It's a cute pairing seeing as how infatuated she is with Chrom, which brings me to...

Cordy X Gaius - really wanted to pair her with Chrom, but I can settle for Gaius. He seems like he would make a cool dad even for a kid like Severa. Plus his orange hair looks cute on her.

Nowi X Donny- they're both so adorable and young looking.

Sully X Virion- never actually did is, but the lolz. A proper gentleman with a tough girl.

Maribelle X Ricken- they were so cute together in the chapter they joined. It was adorable how he wanted to protect her before my army could get to them. Plus they seem to have known each other long before the events of the game.

Panne X Gregor- love how he refers to her as bunny.

Tharja X Libra- if not with MU its Libra. Once again he would be a nice, supportive father for Noire.

Cherche X Stahl- probably biased here because I make this pairing alot.

Olivia X Lonny- more lulz. A shy girl with a man uneasy near women, perfect! I also saw an artwork where Flavia and Basilio are trying to pair them up.

Miriel X Henry- two mages makes a good Laurent plus some interesting personalities.

Lissa X no idea- I usually have the most trouble trying to figure out who to put her with.

For the child characters I don't put as much thought into them because it's not entirely necessary to pair them.

Yeah more info on DQ5. In the original famicom version ( which was never released in the states ) You had the choice of two characters of your choice who were Nera and Bianca, but the developers made it so not only you feel terribly guilty for not marrying bianca, The more or less canon pick but it PENALIZE you if you don't pick her. Picking Nera ends up Bianca's father dying ( who dosen't die if you marry her ), manage the family business and is hinted being ABUSED. Even worse than that Nera's stats are god awful making jagen look great and her level cap is 10 so you can't in any way make use of her as a playable character. But the DS version has absolutely none of this crap and I highly recommend It

Olivia X Lonny- more lulz. A shy girl with a man uneasy near women, perfect! I also saw an artwork where Flavia and Basilio are trying to pair them up.

Do you mean this?

DRiosjn.jpg

Edited by shadowofchaos

My headcanons:

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Olivia

Virion x Cherche

Stahl x Sully

Richt x Miriel

Owain x Cynthia

Inigo x Severa

Gerome x Noire

Brady x Kjelle

Yarne x Nah

I hate Maribelle because I want to ship every man with her, especially Gaius and Vaike. I can never decide between the two. :( I'm never really satisfied with whom I pair Cordelia with (usually Freddy), because none of her supports are particularly headcanon worthy. Bleh.

• 2 weeks later...

Nagaso(MU)xLissa

Oh man though... that glaring flaw of Wood/Owain seeing his father "die".

The proper answer is obviously MaMU x FeMU so that there are no flaws whatsoever of super genes screwing up everyone else.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh man though... that glaring flaw of Wood/Owain seeing his father "die".

I thought that it said something about them being separated in battle. (which makes me ponder why a child Owain is in a battle )

Seriously, where's Integ or Eclipse. This thread needs a good, hard, lock.

Hi. I had the woman over for the week and haven't been browsing the forums, which is why you ought to report this stuff when you see it.

Locking this for necro. In the future, guys? Report this shit, please. We're not everywhere; we have lives too.