Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

One possible solution would be to make two separate number lists, one with bias and one without. Therefore all the people who get pissed that their favorite character is lower than expected can simply use the unbiased scores.

Edited by Constable Reggie

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you that is something that I feel would work. Have people state when bias is applied and then create two separate lists. If no objections arise the poll will be ignored and the bias system will exist.

Quick thing before I go away for the night.

1. If there is no valid/rational argument as to why the new bias system should not be applied OR if the number of votes against does not exceed twice the number for then the new bias system shall be applied.

2. The ratings will start tommorow at 0600 EST unless I receive a request to give time for a more in depth study of the characters.

Edited by Randa

Well, I object because the bias system just gives people with poor reasoning more influence over the result, and just does it no good and a lot of harm.

Edited by Levant Fortner

The point of the new system is to show how much impact these irrational people have, while also giving the real rating. Basically I keep track of all scores without a bias average those and then do the same with bias so you would get two ratings per character. I feel like it shows the general opinion of the character in the form of bias and also shows the usability in the actual rating.

Can you keep them all in 1 thread?

The forums get clustered when there are like 40 RTU threads.
Also fuck biases. I am seriously giving the Avatar a -1 if there are biases cause I honestly dont like him/her.

Thank you everyone who participated in Day 0. To much dismay the bias system will still be used, however as stated above each character will receive two scores one with bias one without.

Now without further ado I open the FE13 RTU with Chrom.

Remember play nice and read the rules on the first page.

So Chrom our main lord in the game. I have never been a fan of Chrom. Just didn't like him gameplay wise or personality wise. I will admit he has grown on me gameplay wise, but his personality still sucks.

Pros

Good growths

Infinite use iron sword that is super effective against wyverns.

Mediocre class set

Unique class with two quality skills.

Cons

Only personal stuff

So I believe Chrom is a high quality unit that deserves an 8.5 (would have a 9 if the support wasn't so constricting).

However I still hate his personality so -1.

Chrom scores

8.5 and 7.5

I'd rate Chrom 7/10.

Pros:

Unique Class with decent skills.

Infinite use Iron Sword that is super effective against wyverns.

Good Growths.

Cons:

Poor class set.

Limited support options.

Forced even though there are no seize missions or anything that only a Lord can do.

Edited by Zelos

Pros:

Solo HM

- Rapier is pretty useful for the little amount of Armors early

- Infinite Iron Swords that is effective against Wyvern is pretty cool esp during chapter 5

- Frederick Support.

- Instant S Rank, comes chapter 11, which can be quite abused

Cons:

- Struggles at doubling early on

- Pair Up bonus is kinda messy. +3 SPD and +3 LCK is not exactly what I would like of a bonus from a dedicated support unit

- Can be reclassed into Cavalier, giving better pair up bonus, losing only one speed. Sadly this comes with a Second Seal competition.

- Chapter 5 - 10 is biased against Foot unit.

8/10

Bias:

-1 Bias to 7/10 because I don't like his personality

Also Chrom at level 11/14 Cavalier averages at 20-ish STR

12.60 39 15 7 23 23 18 14 10

Just..... why

no galeforce 2/10

Chroms a cool dude gameplay wise. Effective against 3 enemy types, gives pretty good bonuses, best availability, and has pretty solid stats. Restricted supports is lame, and archer sucks, though paladin, great knight, and great lord are typically all you need.

8.3/10, bias -1 = 7.3/10 because fuck this dude personality wise

Edited by Constable Reggie

He's cool :

- Rapier and infinite Falchion kills every mounted or armored units.

- His skills are nice (I like the combo Aegis + Aether + Rightful king)

- Good growths and ok bases

But :

- Limited support options

- Creepy class set

8/10, I like his personnality, he reminds me Ike sometimes.

2/10. No Galeforce.

Uh don't most gen 1 characters lack galeforce?

Anyway Chrom is pretty good in my opinion. Both the lord and cavalry classes give some good skills, infinite wyvern killer is also nice even though the weapon gets unimpressive until late game. His stats are pretty good too.

Still the archer class is wasted on him and I frequently have no one to support him with because his list is so small.

8/10

By the way why does Chrom get so many -bias votes? He's a bland character, but so are 99% of the lords we've received.

Edited by Sasori

He misses out on two strong skills, those being Galeforce and Armthrift.

But it doesn't make him bad at all. Because of his rather limited class and skill pool, he's best used as a support.

He's a pretty strong support since he gets both the Dual skills (Guard and Strike).

Rightful King, while not really able to be used to it's fullest works nicely with Aether he gets too.

It's also nice to have an infinite-durability weapon, it kinda sucks until when it becomes the Exalted Falchion and even then there are better weapons to use.

7/10

Chrom is decent.

His stats are good and the skills he gets from Lord/Great Lord are pretty useful, Dual Strike+ makes him one of the better support units. His classes and skills, despite a few good ones as mentioned before, are limited however. The Archer class tree is completely useless for him, but the Cavalier class tree is quite good, giving him access to the Paladin class, which is always a plus in my book.

8/10

Chrom is FE9 Ike if he actually was as good as the fanboys claim. He starts out with solid bases, and his great growths mean he'll only get better. One of his biggest perks earlygame is his two professional swords: Falchion is an infinite use Iron Sword that's strong against wyverns while the Rapier is good against knights, horses, and flying horses. With these, Chrom can make quick work of many enemies that the rest of the team struggles with.

Once he gets to his teens, he can reclass to Cavalier, which exchanges his Rapier for better movement and a shot at fixing his lance rank. Alternatively, you can keep him as a Lord and he'll eventually promote and obtain some kickass skills. Either way, he'll want to end as a Paladin since Great Knight kills his speed and the Archer line of classes is lol.

Near the end of the game, he gets the Exalted Falchion which is super effective against the final boss. Since it's one of the few weapons that can more than dent him, you'll probably need it for a 2 turn clear.

Overall Chrom is very nice, but he has enough minor flaws to stop him from being creme-de-la-creme.

9/10

I think you should have the right to remove "ratings" that obviously aren't serious.

But uh anyway

Class Rating: 8/10 - Lord is a pretty good class overall with its mountain of speed and decent other stats. Javelins after promotion are a huge plus over, say, swordmasters. (EDIT: Also Aether. But otherwise there's not a lot of great things about Lords. Chrom has really generic stats for his class...)
Weapon rating: 10/10 - Swords don't seem all that special in general here, but Falchion is the best weapon in the game, period. Chrom is one of 4 units you get early on that can tear through those dracoknights, and the only one that does it with WTA. Then it gets upgraded, and...Nothing compares. Nothing comes close. Even if it sucked forever, infinite uses without Armsthrift is beautiful.
Class Set Rating: 5/10 - Unfortunately, Chrom has a kinda average class set. There's not much to be had in the Archer tree, especially when only one of those classes lets him use the aforementioned sword of light. Cavalier class tree helps him get Javelins faster, plus Luna and Aegis are nice skills, but he doesn't get anything I see fit for a spectacular build.
Availability Rating: 8/10 - What? He has perfect availability! Yeah, but annoyingly so. True, he has the entire game to do stuff, but you're forced to make him do stuff aside from, like, the Golden Pack. Later on when he gets outclassed by the other Lord, he's still required, which makes him kiiiinda dead weight when I want someone else to fill a different role.
Support Rating: 7/10 - Chrom has a nice variety of supports with earlygame units, but only half the females and no one from the second half of the game can support him, which is eh.

Unlike my previous rating, I'm going to give Chrom -.5 bias points. He's cool and all, but not outstanding as a character, and far inferior to the other Lord as a unit (Exalted Falchion aside)

So overall 7.6/10. He's good but not great. Accounting for bias, that's 7.1/10.

(EDIT: Oh people already said what I said here, I should read more.)

Edited by 47948201

Chrom is FE9 Ike if he actually was as good as the fanboys claim.

Pretty much this.

While I don't find myself using the Rapier all that much (I love movement) it's nice to have, and the Falchion is just really handy. Infinite use dragonwrecking prf? I'll take that. His reclass trees isn't too broad (and one of the three options is lol archer) but Cavalier is pretty amazing. Maybe I just love movement, but Paladin Chrom has never failed me.
His bases are good for his level and he's coming in with an Iron MT weapon while everyone else (minus like, Frederick, Virion and Vaike) is struggling with 2 or 3 MT weapons. His pairup bonuses are really good, pushing people like Sully and Avatar to double earlygame. Speaking of which, perfect avaliability gives him plenty of time to grow into a powerhouse.
Throwing in +1 bias here, because anything can change.
9/10
Edited by Serious Bananas

8/10

Can't believe the bias system was left intact, what a fucking joke.

2/10. No Galeforce.

Ask for a reason behind every rating. Just accept anything that isn't obviously biased and it'll be accurate enough.

um yeah, sure

Edited by PK Gaming

Can't believe the bias system was left intact, what a fucking joke.

Would you prefer EVERYONE gave ratings that were 1-2 or 9-10 like this?

2/10. No Galeforce.

Or is it better to have semi-inconsistent numbers that still hover around the 7-9 range?

Edited by 47948201

I think the reason it stayed was because people would end up tampering with their votes anyway? That seems like faulty reasoning when

1. Not everyone intends to vote scum, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to get away with it without reasoning (like you wouldn't be able to give Chrom a 6 without backing up your post, but now you can with the -1 bias system)

2. We could avoid public displays of blatant stupidity (self explanatory)

Whatever, expect over-inflation of every popular character now.

Edited by PK Gaming

I think the reason it stayed was because people would end up tampering with their votes anyway? That seems like faulty reasoning when

1. Not everyone intends to vote scum, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to get away with it without reasoning (like you wouldn't be able to give Chrom a 6 without backing up your post, but now you can with the -1 bias system)

2. We could avoid public displays of blatant stupidity (self explanatory)

Whatever, expect over-inflation of every popular character now.

Okey dokey, so popular characters will have overinflated scores and the opposite will be true for unpopular characters. But we're still recording unbiased scores, so you can just look at the right list (or I guess it might be below, I dunno) while people with massive biases can be content with the scores they put on the left/top list.