Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

I would really like it if people read my posts helping to explain low scores. Saying it's his lack of Galeforce has some accuracy

Oh I wasn't talking about your post, since what you said actually contributed to the thread.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely wonderful the first 3/5's of the game, then falls off hard, being relegated to primarily a support bot. 9/10

8/10 bias score since he's not a cute pegasis/wyvern riding girl

Just going to point two things out.

First he gave him a 9 he isn't being a troll about Galeforce. Please lay off about that.

Second all discussions please move over to the new thread.

This is what it seems to be. My personal view is that he's a net negative on my team's long term ability but others seem to just be rating him so low because he's an unnecessary Jeigan.

Okay, but if using him as a combatant is a net negative while using him as a pairup bot is a net positive, why are you ranking him based on a bad way to use him? And being unnecessary is a silly reason to get a such a low score, as others have said, as literally everyone (except maybe one of Avatar/Chrom since Validar may be too strong for base Chrom/Avatar to kill) is unnecessary.

Again, I'm not saying that these aren't valid reasons for giving him a lower score, but I don't see how "unnecessary, but helpful for a while" comes out to a 3-4 unless you plan on ranking pretty much everyone in the 1-5 point range.

Also Rewjeo: Lissa if leveled (annoying I know) can be an amazing Dark Flier or Sage. That's part of it as well, several people rank with a preference towards long-term usability.

I would expect those people to give her a far superior ranking than her average, though. The criteria is vague enough that you could take it to be about postgame or whatever if you wanted to, I guess, but that's not what people have said.

Edited by Rewjeo

I can't really give a number rating because I'm not sure how the scale would work, but his exp gain is too slow and bases too low for him to be of much use to me. Sure, he could get better if you invested time in him, but the same could be said of most units. He is useful for pair-up bonuses, but if I ever use him for combat, he eats up too much exp.

This is hard mode, though. I haven't played lunatic yet.

I can't really give a number rating because I'm not sure how the scale would work, but his exp gain is too slow and bases too low for him to be of much use to me. Sure, he could get better if you invested time in him, but the same could be said of most units. He is useful for pair-up bonuses, but if I ever use him for combat, he eats up too much exp.

This is hard mode, though. I haven't played lunatic yet.

0/10 terrible unit with no good qualities

1/10 lolVirion (read terrible unit with one or two uses)

2/10 really bad

3/10 bad

4/10 mediocre

5/10 average unit

6/10 slightly above average unit

7/10 good unit

8/10 great unit

9/10 amazing unit

10/10 best unit (reserve it for pretty much the best character)

Sorry but this is a terrible answer. MU can not reach his base level by Chapter 2.

People giving answers like this ruins RTU.

I did it multiple times on both the demo and playing the actual game. So I take two-three more turns to clear, but i can get him to ten by then. Veteran is broken.

So no, it not ruining the RTU. Quite frankly, he's mediocre. He's not that great. For the record, I'll probably give donnel a four-five. He suffers during late game, but is easily one of your best post game units if trained. Fred is the exact opposite. If a unit has both eg. Chrom/MU they get a higher ranking 9-10.

Listen dude, just because you don't find galeforce as good as I do doesn't mean you can demand me to stop posting my views. To me, Frederick definitely isn't that good because he doesn't have galeforce. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the other low posts too.

Your pathetic attempt at trolling isn't fooling anyone. Keep in mind, this in the same guy who argued that Tharja should be higher than Sumia in the tier list thread, which is at odds with his current "persona." You know, I actually remember you making a fair amount of decent posts in that tier list thread (when you were actually fucking coherent) so i'm not sure why you decided to start trolling all of a sudden.

Edited by PK Gaming

Hey, I was wondering when Rate the Unit for Awakening was going to start.

9/10 for Freddy easily since he smashes through the first half of the game with very little effort, and only shows signs of mortality vs tomeslingers/promoted enemies. We're still fighting mostly unpromoted units just over halfway in, and the paralogue chapters are a joke. With a support partner, he can double, but at the halfway mark, he should really be a dedicated support unit and a damn good one too: likely S-rank support, amazing bonuses, Dual Guard, can Dual Strike with any of Hammer, Beastkiller, and Armorslayer, maybe even a Brave weapon.

What you get out of Freddy would depend on how much you plan to use him. If you are worried about other characters reclassing and reaching optimal skill sets, you probably won't be giving him very many kills. However, he is a big help in beating the game no matter which way you look at it, so you might as well cut him loose along with Avatar/Chrom and Sully/Stahl, since outside of those guys, the rest of your team really isn't important at all.

Your pathetic attempt at trolling isn't fooling anyone. Keep in mind, this in the same guy who argued that Tharja should be higher than Sumia in the tier list thread, which is at odds with his current "persona." You know, I actually remember you making a fair amount of decent posts in that tier list thread (when you were actually fucking coherent) so i'm not sure why you decided to start trolling all of a sudden.

When did I ever argue Tharja higher up than she is now, let alone above sumia? The answer to the second part is because I found out how incredibly useful galeforce is. Just because you don't agree with my views doesn't mean I'm trolling.

Edited by Constable Galeforce

The guy's pretty hardcore. Carries earlygame if you're struggling for whatever reason and will later become a viable support option for one of the many frail female units. With enough experience, he will probably stay viable as a main character throughout the game. However that experience is better used on someone who will grow better, like Donnel or Lucina.

75%.

First guys enough with the arguing. I should be able to go to sleep without having to worry about people ripping each other apart. Any further occurrence by anybody will resilt in warn.

Either way day 5 is now open.

Sully is a rather interesting character, on the tier list she is at the very top, but i don't see it that way. I have never had her become the god that everyone says she is.

Pros:

Good bases

Rather good growths

Okay class set

Quick weapon level

Early horse

Cons:

Nothing statistical.

Since I'm doing my ratings on the basis that numbers never lie she gets a 9:10

Now I don't agree with what I said above I emonitonally do not believe any of it. I think she deserves. 6 be ause she doesn't start off as invincible I actually think she has a rocky start with all the axes and lances in the early levels,both of which reduce her avoid which is the only thing keeping her alive, and then she doesn't even become that good. Aside from a horse her growths, with the exception of speed, are all worse than vaike's and their about the same, with the exception of defense, as Virion. Honestly I don't see her as that good. This just a tirade for those who wanted two know how I really felt the first score will be the one submitted.

+ Early cavalier

+ Great base speed

+ Decent class options

+ Near perfect availability

- Starts with a lance

Sully's really reliable. She can be a little tough to use in the first couple chapters, but after that you're good. The base speed makes her a little easier to use than Stahl, and she gets Javelin access near immediately to boot. Her growths are good enough to never really fall behind, and for the campaign itself she's an amazing mother for Lucina, passing down Discipline and arguably the best stats.

The real biter preventing her from being amazing is that she wants a sword. It's not unmanageable though, as Discipline enables her to catch up better than most.

There's nothing broken about Sully, but overall she's just really, really good. She even mothers one of the few campaign-usable children.

8.5/10

Alright! Yet another unit for me to give a much lower score than average!

Sully is kind of meh. She joins with good speed but she needs Chrom for doubling, same as everyone else. She starts doubling pretty quick but her meh strength leaves her using high-quality weapons or relying on dual-attacks to 1RKO. Her defense is pretty meh also... overall her only real strengths are her horse and her speed. Both of which are quite nice to have.

Oh yeah and lances suck early-game.

7/10

Edit: Raised my score by one because I can I rethought it out a bit and decided my score was a bit lower than I think it should be.

Edited by pedoclaw13

Sully the Bully

Shes the Bull which means higher speed and whatnot

Pros:

CAVALIERS.

Discipline is w1n

Alvailability

Frederick Support

Lance Focus for Javelins when it is buyable

Essentially a Horsie Sumia

Cons:

Nothing that stand out, but she is a growth unit during the early game, which means she need some time before she started owning stuff

Overall, i say Sully is a really solid unit. I preffered her speed over Stahl's defense, since Stahl ussually missed to double stuff. Make a decent choice for Second Seals into Wyvern Rider. It take a while before she started doubling though.

Note that starting as a Cavs sometime is a disadvantage because of the extra EXP from reclassing.

I preffered pairing her up with Stahl for a speed + defense cavs combo

8/10

Bias 9/10 for being the hottest chick in the game. Perhaps my favorite Chrismas Cavalier in the series

Also Special Ending Master Race.

Also she made Kjelle <3<3<3

As a sidenote, which is better, GK Sully and +SPD Pair or Palladin Sully?

Edited by JSND

Pros:

+Good Speed

+Good pair-up unit

+Available from Chapter 1 onwards

+Produces Kjelle

Cons:

-Starts with Lance in Axeland.

-Low defense for a decent while.

The main appeal to Sully is her availability. While her start is mediocre, she quickly picks up, and she's a compatible pair-up unit with just about any non-mage character. Kellam in particular is an excellent choice as her statistical problems are immediately fixed, and Kellam gets a much needed boost in mobility. She also has access to the Wyvern Rider class tree, which allows her to get the Breaker skills for overkill Avoid.

Honestly, I can't find much problems with her. Starting out with a lance is pretty terrible, but that problem only lasts for 3 chapters, and that's if you don't decide to trade her a bronze sword. Overall, she's a reliable unit.

9/10

Sully is amazing.

She'll have some issues starting off due to starting with lances when a lot of enemies have axes, but Pair Ups will help her out a lot (Vaike, Chrom, and Frederick for example are good supporters for her). Her growths and bases are solid, and she'll go through the game quite strongly. Personally I like Stahl as a unit better, but I can see why Sully is preferred.

Thanks for also having Kjelle, the only female Christmas cav of the series.

9/10.

Sully has a rough start due to her bases being a little too well-rounded. Luckily, it's nothing that a few level ups and a Pair Up can't fix, and once she gets going she's hard to stop. She's blessed with some great classes; her starting Cavalier class is already among the best thanks to 2 weapons and 7 move, but she also has access to Wyvern Rider for flying and axes. Since Second Seals are in high demand for 2/3rds of the game, it's probably best to go Cavalier -> Paladin -> Wyvern Lord, but an early reclass to the Wyvern tree can potentially make her even more deadly.

Overall a great unit who's only held back by a slow start.

9.5/10

Pros:

+Good Speed

+Good pair-up unit

+Available from Chapter 1 onwards

+ First cavi in the game

+ reclasses are pretty good.

Cons:

- The typical fire emblem early game lance issue.

When your only real issue is that you're a Lance user early on, I say you're doing something right. Overall Sully is pretty damn good.

8.5/10

9/10 with bias

Great availability, Discipline for good weapon ranks sooner. Great class set. Good pair up bonuses. Good growth rates.

Depending on how she grows she will always have an option to fix herself. She has Lon'qu to help any SPD deficiencies, Kellam and The Vaike for STR and DEF problems. For promotions, Paladin is good for more SPD and Great Knight is good for more STR and DEF or if her stats are all blessed she can reclass straight to Wyvern rider.

8.75/10 - Considering that im not going to give anyone above a 9 because of the gap between Avatar and everyone else, this is a very good score.

Sully is one of those characters that can snowball if you give her tons and tons of exp, but a lot of units do that. With an average amount of exp, that's what she is, pretty average. Her start is pretty rough, but once she hits level 10 or so, she's usually set.

7.5/10

edit - her reclass options are ok too, i guess

Edited by General Horace

Great growths, great class, great availability.

Her biggest downside is her somewhat rough start with meh bases and lances, but that doesn't last for too long.

She can also promote to a Paladin, and Paladins are amazing.

8.5/10

Sully

+ Good mobility from the start

+ Good class tree

+ Can double things pretty reliably

- A bit vulnerable in the beginning

- Overall stat growth tends to be hit or miss (at least in my experience)

8/10

Cav class with strong growths/bases, beast pair up unit and a general ace in combat.

One of the best offensive units in the game

9/10

Basically the best non-Avatar character in the game on Hard mode.

Mildly shaky start, but she gets out of it really fast. Great Pair Up partner and can start building support with numerous choices immediately due to near-perfect availability, Chrom included. Good class options with the Cavalier and Wyvern Rider branches, amazing offensive growths and passable defensive growths. I've used her multiple times on different difficulties and she has never let me down.

9/10