Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

In order for that to happen, you need to do one of two things:

Reclass Sumia straight from Peg. to Knight taking away everything good about her.

Reclass her after Galeforce, which is...quite an awful lot of time to put up with none of her stats moving besides speed.

Either way, Cordelia is already way better than her by the time she gets there, so what's the point?

Edited by Inference

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for that to happen, you need to do one of two things:

Reclass Sumia straight from Peg. to Knight taking away everything good about her

Reclass her after Galeforce, which is...quite an awful lot of time to put up with none of her stats moving besides speed.

Hero Cordelia is the same on the first. Although Knight! Sumia > Mercenary!Cordelia.

And you're exaggerating on the second.

Edited by bearclaw13

Lol, yeah, I know I'm exaggerating about the second. But if you want a good Sumia past earlygame, you really do have to get lucky. Cordelia's good in all of her classes, including peg. She really doesn't mind flying around for a while before she starts farming skills.

Lol, yeah, I know I'm exaggerating about the second. But if you want a good Sumia past earlygame, you really do have to get lucky. Cordelia's good in all of her classes, including peg. She really doesn't mind flying around for a while before she starts farming skills.

DM!Cordelia isn't very good. Although she makes a good Mercenary.

Randa, if you're so inclined, I can take over this thread, and edit the first post with scores/yell at people. If things get out of hand, I lock the thread. Ahem. . .

Cordelia shows up at a relatively opportune time (right before a desert), and she can hold her own (I think it's something like 3HKO unpaired in the desert, as long as you don't fly her into an archer? Someone wanna correct me if I'm wrong?). Her class set beats Sumia's in usefulness (Sol + Lifetaker + Galeforce + Armsthrift + Nosferatu makes her extremely hard to kill), and she has a lot more pair-up options. My only gripe with her is her slightly lowish base Strength. I think her kid is a damn brat, but that's not supposed to factor in.

8.25/10 (-1 bias included because I have yet to find a support for her that isn't gag-worthy on her part; if two significant digits are too much, then round it up to 8.3)

And Cordelia is not a whore. I am in a happy relationship but there are several females I have crushes on. Even after I get married, I will have extra-marital crushes. That's life kids, grow up.

Does not stop her from being sucky as a character >_>

Oy, Gregor Time. Gregor like Vaike but Gregor is Mercenary come later yes? Myrmiddon no Thief but Gregor pretty overrated because Gregor class look good only no Luna, pretty lady want Gregor no?

Gregor has terrible alvailability and jointime yes? Oy, next three chapters has flier bias, Gregor stuck with silly NOWAI and Gregor fears flying. Father say "Gregor, you must stay in tree!" He was very strict man. Gregor base solid and level 10 so Gregor want some Second Seal on Gregor face yes? But only 2 Second Seals Gregor Barbarian no Arms Scroll Paralogue 4 no good weapon rank yes? Gregor can Myrmiddon for good stats bad promotion. Gregor no promotion no Handaxe range 1-2 yes? When join Gregor level 10 can Promote. Gregor feel bad because Bad Stats and Bad Weapon Rank Bows and Axe when Promote for Pair Up. Gregor class is swell, but Gregor lack mounts and Bow Knight no good yes? Gregor no swell when Pair Up yes? Gregor no special but Gregor still swell with Sol yes? Gregor like Cordelia Gregor, no good yes?

5/10

Oy, Gregor get +1 bias to 6 because Gregor is a swell guy yes? Gregor better than everyone at everything yes? Gregor Virion simmilar yes? Gregor amazing swell sword yes?

Gregor Translation:

Gregor Time. Gregor is kinda like Vaike who comes later, is a Merc, and having Myrmiddon in place of Thief(obviously Myrm is better). However, as a whole, Gregor is pretty overrated mainly because when min maxing, Gregor class looks good(seriously, if only he have Luna it would be perfect) and make him the ideal father for almost half the cast.

Gregor has terrible alvailability, arriving right during Flier bias, and is stuck with NOWAI during jointime, so he is limited at what he does, and he can't fly. His base is solid, and he can take Second Seals, but going into Barbarian means lacking weapon rank, while Myrmiddon despite having good stats, has a rather dissapointing promotion. Gregor lacks 1-2 range weapons, In fact, without promotion, Gregor lacks Hand Axe, which is his only 1-2 range. Again, at level 10, Gregor can insta promote. However, Gregor is kinda stuck with bad weapon rank(Bows, which is pretty amazing for Pair Up fodder, and Axe which is his 1-2 range and Hammer which is your friend) and stats if he instant promote.

Gregor also lacks Mounted class except for Bow Knight, and Bow Knight sucks. Even as a pair up fodder, Gregor is rather mediocre. As a whole, if you manage to train him, he can get Sol and he's pretty damn good and thats it.

Basically, Gregor is like Cordelia(read: Overrated, having overarmthrift and Shit Of Life as their main draw of the hype. Or maybe Sorc for Cordy) if Cordelia is.... not good.

5/10

+1 Bias to 6 because hes a cool guy who is better than everyone at everything. He is kinda like Virion in this regards

Yes I make 2 rating because I can

Edited by JSND

Cordelia is waaayy overrated.

I'll give Gregor a 3/10 because he's looking for a seal when he joins and he probably won't get one. Without a seal his performance is rather weak since he doesn't level very fast or have anything special in the growths department.

Edited by bearclaw13

I don't like Gregor. Not only personally, but as a combat unit he's pretty useless as well. I guess his pair up bonuses are forgivable, so: 1.5/10

I don't like Gregor. Not only personally, but as a combat unit he's pretty useless as well. I guess his pair up bonuses are forgivable, so: 1.5/10

4-5-6 is deserved, lesser is truly unfair

Fine... Gregor...

He is... Decent. Just short of being good. His magical stats are awfull, though...

Good Base Stats, but not excellent.

Greatt reclass option to pretty good classes.

His pair up bonus at least help Nowi, so that's OK.

Growth stats nearly identical to Frederick (Luck instead of Speed, and less Res).

A pretty solid choice, but join time, and a lot of units being better stops him to be truly good

good father option, too.

I'll give him 7/10, with +1 bias.

Edited by TendaSlime

Gregor smash, as the folks always say. 10/10

Just kidding, no galeforce 3/10

Well, that's being unfair, so I'll add that he has bleh stats that makes him pretty useless. Reclass/promotion options are nice, but lol@giving him my precious resources in my style of play. Pairup bonuses are cool too but why bother when tonics can make Ricken anyone a god 3/10 -1 bias because no galeforce 2/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Gregor just be your average joe! He be good for punching sacks and good combat, and he starts at good level for when he joins too! Gregor be just an "all-rounding" physical combat unit with good base starches all around, apart from resistance! Though certain stats like speed may make Gregor fall behind if Mrs. RNG is not too kind.

But Gregor have great reclass options too! Berserker and Warrior take good advantage of strength and all-rounding stats, and Berserker skills be good for hard-hitting Gregor too. Meanwhile, Myrmidon gives Gregor good speed to complement his now-decent strength, and Swordsmaster and Assassin shall give him good balanced offensive stats and skills!

Overall, Gregor is a nice, decent average combat unit. Gregor would argue that he is more average than good drinking buddy Stahl.

7/10

(8/10 with bias because I love his personality, accent and crit lines)

8/10.

Gregor is pretty average as they come. All of his stats are fairly balanced, with the exception of Resistance. His Pair Up bonuses are pretty good and he can take a hit or two. His reclass options are pretty amazing, as they can fix whatever stat problem he could face(Strength or Speed) and gains some alright skills in the process.

Gregor just be your average joe! He be good for punching sacks and good combat, and he starts at good level for when he joins too! Gregor be just an "all-rounding" physical combat unit with good base starches all around, apart from resistance! Though certain stats like speed may make Gregor fall behind if Mrs. RNG is not too kind.

But Gregor have great reclass options too! Berserker and Warrior take good advantage of strength and all-rounding stats, and Berserker skills be good for hard-hitting Gregor too. Meanwhile, Myrmidon gives Gregor good speed to complement his now-decent strength, and Swordsmaster and Assassin shall give him good balanced offensive stats and skills!

Overall, Gregor is a nice, decent average combat unit. Gregor would argue that he is more average than good drinking buddy Stahl.

7/10

(8/10 with bias because I love his personality, accent and crit lines)

This, but I think a 6/10 is better suited for him, so 6/10.

Edited by Zeem

This. But no bias, so 7/10.

I give ratings both with and without bias.

I like all the people saying he's "average" and giving him 7-8

...wait what?

7 is deemed as the score that's defined as "average". It's the score I put him by myself too, considering that really, he's just generally "ok" or "good" in almost every aspect.

I like all the people saying he's "average" and giving him 7-8

...wait what?

5's and 6's are average to me.

Edited by Zeem

5's and 6's are average to me.

Exactly my point... 7-8 sounds like "well above average"

Actually scratch that 7 is "above average"

Edited by bearclaw13

Exactly my point... 7-8 sounds like "well above average"

Actually scratch that 7 is "above average"

Now that I think about it, Gregor isn't really worth a 7/10. Sure, he can insta-promote and he'll do pretty good for a while until he starts to slow down, but he doesn't really have any redeeming qualities.

4 to 6 is Average, 7 is slightly above average, 8 is good, 9 is excellent, 10 is perfect.

Changed my note again.

Edited by TendaSlime

Gregor's probably the worst unit in the game apart from Donnel and Virion in my opinion, so he gets 1.5.

What happened to Inigo? :(

Edited by bearclaw13