Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Gregor's probably the worst unit in the game apart from Donnel and Virion in my opinion, so he gets 1.5.

How that. I get Virion and Donnel, But there's a difference between basically untrainable. Gregor can actually damages things, and survives enough hits, and have decent reclass. I would at least understand 3.5.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give Gregor a 5/10 because he's looking for a seal when he joins and he probably won't get one. Without a seal his performance is rather weak since he doesn't level very fast or have anything special in the growths department.

this, with +1 bias cause Gregor smash for a 6/10

Edited by shadykid

Gregor be bad, yes?

Actually, his pair up bonuses are pretty rad. As a combat unit, he kinda blows though, as Gregor be having issues with 1-2 range for awhile, yes? Hero Gregor isn't so bad, but Gregor finds Gregor be mediocre anyway. So Gregor give Gregor a

3/10 +1 bias for GREGOR SMASH so 4/10

Edited by Peekayell

he's kind of slow and his bases are kind of bad

needs a lot of exp dumped into him if he wants to be a frontliner combat unit and he's already a pretty high base level

3/10

I like his character, but not his usefulness. His bases aren't that good and I've not had much luck with getting him doubling, +Sword lock before promotion kinda sucks. However, he has Armsthrift (though he won't be making much use of it for a while), can get Sol, and gives good Pair Up bonuses. 5/10.

Gregor

+ Myrmidon is pretty good

+ Quick Sol access if you just promote him right away

+ Likes to pair up

- Stuck with one range swords if reclassed, will take a while to get hand axes in Hero

- Armsthrift is kinda useless on him since his luck isn't the greatest in my experience

- Slow as slow

- Thinks dodging is for chumps

3.5/10 below average, meh

Czar Gregor went down in Russian History as the greatest savior of mankind, and yet never requested that his legacy was to be remembered through trivial creations such as statues, plagues and dollar bills. It is said that the era of Gregor was SMASHING, and he truly took his country to a new zenith that has yet to be reached by any Russian leader since. During his final years as czar in a society filled to the brim with war, he felt truly at a loss for why his people were so violent, so he left them for greener pastures and loli dragons. He's lived the life of a mercenary ever since, sticking true to his virtues of a peaceful society that is absolutely SMASHING. To this day, Gregor remains the only czar to have ever slept with a loli dragon and a bunny in a threesome. He has truly stayed frosting and his era as czar will be remembered as a state of apotheosis for Russians.

20/10

10/1 Bow Knight!Gregor gives Speed and Move, and he needs to EXP to do it. Whole lot better than crap like dicken and virion right here. Combat isn't too bad other than the mono swords for a while, but Hand Axes really help him out.

5 + 1 bias for awesome supports = 6/10

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Gregor's bases are decent and his growths are decent except for his relatively low speed, which means he will have problems doubling. He also starts as a sword locked foot unit, which is never good, but at least he starts at lvl 10 in a chapter where you get a Second Seal and a Master Seal. Too bad that he is facing stiff competition from Panne and the Avatar for these Seals, so he will probably not be able to fix that shortcoming for a while. Armsthrift is a decent skill, though it is more important late game with higher luck and better weapons to save usage on, and Patience is an alright ability, especially when he starts using axes.

Gregor can promote into Hero, which gives Sol and axe usage, both of which are very good, or he can promote into Bow Knight, giving him a horse but he doesn't gain a good weapon usage and the skills are meh. Reclassing to Myrmidon doesn't fix any of his problems except for his below average speed, though it eventually leads to Vantage and Swordfaire. Reclassing into Barbarian gives him axe usage and Despoil, which can help the money process along with Armsthrift even though his luck isn't amazing. The Barbarian tree will eventually lead to Axefaire, which is a very nice skill, and Counter might work in tandem with Sol.

4/10, a more tanky and slower sword locked foot unit who wishes he could auto promote

+1 bias because his character is amazing 5/10

The only thing Gregor does well when he joins is support Nowi. And that's probably all he's ever going to do until another Seal shows up for him. Thankfully, Myrm -> Assassin Gregor does some pretty good work, and fills in nicely for that Bow user you're certain not to have when those annoying griffons in Morgan's chapter rear their ugly heads.

Verdict: Ok at combat after seals, pretty bad prior, needs a lot of time and exp. to get his speed together. I should try Fighter/Barbarian for him one of these days, though I'm betting his speed will get in the way of those too.

5.5/10

Edited by Inference

Gregor is ok at best. His combat is below average compared to every single STR based unit who comes before him sans DonneLOL. Once you get a spare Master seal he can insta-promote for good pair up bonuses but thats really all he can do without showing him too much favoritism. He is stuck with 1 range until he can get to D axes after a promotion or reclass, and that could take some time.

People are rating every unit too high, myself included. At this rate, there are only going to be like 5 units with an overall rating of 5 or less. On an even scale there should be close to half of the units rated 5 or less. Im going to be more realistic with my ratings from here on out.

edit - 1/10 - After much thinking, I lowered my score. Gregor is the 2nd or 3rd worst unit in the game.

Bias - 2/10 - cause Roosky

Edited by Hawk King

Gregor:

Pros:

Decent class set .

Decent skill set. (Gregor and his kid can get Armsthrift, Sol, Astra, and Sword Faire for example)

Cons:

Poor base stats. (Quite slow for a mercenary)

Takes awhile for him to double anything. (and for a sword user thats very bad)

All in all, Gregor is decent.

5.5/10

Edited by Kamina

I can't help but speak Gregor's speech in a very bad Russian accent.

As for Greg's stats, however, they kind of leave stuff to be desired. Gregor has the dubious honor of one of the units I have never used as a playthrough, and will probably stay that way. His classes and skill inheritance options are pretty good, such as armsthrift and swordfaire. However, his speed is a bit sluggish, and he can't use armsthrift well due to bad luck. Compared to Donnel, Donnel makes a better mercenary, and there are child options as well.

2.5/10 with .5 bias for 3/10

Imagine if Frederick came into the game during Chapter 8, with less Defense and a Steel Sword instead of a Silver Lance, and shot himself in the foot with his Pair-Up bonuses. That is Gregor in a nutshell. While the merc-line skills are nifty, and he can insta-promote/change, a lot of other people want those Seals. I've griped about 50% Speed growth before. At least he'll be able to see some action on his starting map.

5/10

I give 'em a 6.5/10

The only thing that he lacks in is Mag for Dreadfighter and Luck. With his subplar Luck makes it hard for him to make Armsthrift all that useful.

Edited by ポーラ

Nowi's start isn't 'iffy', it's straight up bad. She has 1-2, but no speed or offense worth mentioning. Needs Gregor or she'll get doubled and killed in her join chapter. Defense is the only thing she has going for her, and even that requires time.

3/10

Nowi has bad base stats, but with her 1-2 range weapon, she can take a DEF tonic and DEF pair up and tank enemies pretty well at base. (With a Kellam pair up and DEF tonic she has 19 DEF at base) With her 65% DEF growth, she will become extremely bulky in a hurry.And all of her other growths are good as well. She can either stay Manakete and become an unkillable death dragon or go Wyver rider for more mobility and combat.

She needs a decent amout of training to be good, but you don't ever have to baby her during that time. Just stall for a turn or two while she tanks several enemies and she will get up to speed. No weakening enemies to feed her kills is needed.

4/10

Edited by Hawk King

Nowi

Pros:

* Defense and Dragonstone bonuses will eventually make her close to invincible once trained.

* 1-2 range weapon.

* Good growths.

* Can be Second Sealed down to Manakete again to give her terrific growths.

* Can immediately Pair Up with Gregor to offset some of her problems at start.

* Mid-game is decent, and lategame is terrific.

* Becomes a really good Wyvern killer once she gets the Lv. 15 Manakete skill.

Cons

* Start is pretty bad! Bases are low and Speed is low, meaning she won't double, much... ever.

* As a consequence, her early-game is pretty bad.

* May want a couple of stat boosters/tonics, and a Speedwing.

Ah, Nowi. Subject of debate even now, as a unit, she's alright. Her start is pretty bad, and she needs to pair up with Gregor asap to avoid getting doubled AND killed. However, get her going (and give her a Speedwing) and she'll get up on par, thanks to her astronomical Defense. Eventually, she will be almost invincible, and will be a good Wyvern-killer, thanks to Wyrmsbane. However, getting her up to par may take a while.

Rating: 5/10 (4/10 with bias because just about everything regarding Nowi, from her personality to outfit, do not endear me to her.)

Nowi requires very, very little work if you know what you're doing and you're not Olwen (LTC makes most units terrible). Her growths are among the best in the game. Once leveled she can come close to 1-shotting so even if she's not doubling she can often still KO fairly easily with dual strikes. I find durability stats to be the most important stats in this game because all you need speed-wise is enough to double and attack is kind of easy to fix (mind Nowi's got amazing attack so...), her defenses are probably the best in the game 1st-generation wise and her speed can be enough to double if you give her a support like; Gaius, Gregor or Lon'qu. Overall she's pretty amazing.

Also she can become an amazing WL or GR so saying "she doesn't have a mount if she wants to be great" is stupid and unfounded.

I'll give her a 10/10 because of people who can't use her properly needing to be balanced out.

Poll closes in two hours, so for those of you who all have voted for the third option if you want any say in this matter please switch now.

Nowi....

Shestarts with awfull bases, at an absurdely low level. Her low level, is actually a good point, because she gain level up more easily. her weapons gave her all the defensive and offensive power she need. She should be paired up with Gregor as a back up in her starting class, to increases this much needed Speed and Skill.

She is basically everything Donny dreams to be. She have awesome growth rates, and Manakete is an awesome class.

With Pair-Up and Weapons bonus she's actually pretty decent..

8/10, no Bias.