Favorite Player Character Design?

Paulina

Favorite Player Character Design  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite male player character design? (see diagram)

• Red (Red/Blue)
    • Ethan (Gold/Silver)
    • Brendan (Ruby/Sapphire)
    • Red (FireRed/LeafGreen)
    • Brendan (Emerald)
    • Lucas (Diamond/Pearl)
    • Lucas (Platinum)
    • Ethan (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
    • Hilbert (Black/White)
    • Nate (Black 2/White 2)
    • Hero (X/Y)
  2. 2. Which is your favorite female player character design? (see diagram)

• Kris (Crystal)
    • May (Ruby/Sapphire)
    • Leaf (FireRed/LeafGreen)
    • May (Emerald)
    • Dawn (Diamond/Pearl)
    • Dawn (Platinum)
    • Lyra (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
    • Hilda (Black/White)
    • Rosa (Black 2/White 2)
    • Heroine (X/Y)

[spoiler=Diagram of Player Characters]PlayerCharacters_zps06ccbaa3.png

Since the design for the player characters from X/Y was unveiled, I've been thinking about the past character designs. Which is your favorite player character design, in terms of hair style/color, clothing, etc.? Btw, it's possible to change the main character's appearance and clothing in X/Y (according to the official site), so please judge them by the default style in the diagram.

I got the names of the characters off of Bulbapedia, so I hope they're all right. Also, thanks to Bulbapedia for providing that artwork.

Hilbert and the heroine fron X/Y. Her outfit is adorable. I'd probably change her eye color to orange/amber though, if possible. I saw some fanart with that color and it was really nice. Also, I like how subtle Hilbert's design is, yet he looks so natural and calm.

If I may~.

I'm *kinda* obsessed with Dawn's Platinum outfit. I like winter clothing in general, so I thought it was cool that Nintendo branched out a little. And I love the dress, boots, scarf, etc. Everything just goes together perfectly. She also has my favorite hairstyle, together with Leaf (long, not too ornate).

As for the guys, I have a soft spot for FR/LG Red. I love his serious, determined look, and the classic clothes. Nintendo has a habit of making the dudes a little bit femme, but Red is dashing. =3

Edited by Paulina

I am not too huge of a fan of the male designs, but Hilbert's stood out to me.

But the heroine from X/Y...loving it already (I liked Hilda's design prior to seeing the X/Y playable characters though).

Also, in before Ra-- *shot*

Edited by BLS

Dat Hilbert. It's like the only practical looking male there is.

Also, Dat Leaf, because Nostalgia, Cute, and well, still kinda practical looking.

Male: A tie between Emeral Brendan and Platinum Lucas. Stylin it up.

Female: Leaf. Simple and badass.

Platinum Dawn is awful. Is that supposed to be winter clothing? No pants + neck deep snow = TROLOLO

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Red, haven't really had a male design I liked since the beginning funny enough. Kris get my vote for the girl designs, even if I do like May's as well. Their designs are simple yet iconic.

Wes would have gotten my vote otherwise but it seems you aren't counting Colosseum or XD

Edited by Jedi

Red's the best, you don't see anyone else returning as the final boss of the sequel.

Also I thought Rosa's design was pretty adorable...and she has that cool hat. I want that hat.

Which is wierd because I've never played B2/W2...

Wes would have gotten my vote otherwise but it seems you aren't counting Colosseum or XD

maybe it's just the fact that i'm too used to seeing him close-up where you can see the imperfections in his in-game model, but i really dislike wes's design. there's also that whole trenchcoat thing.

it's still way better than the XD protagonist's design, though.

Red's design is the only one I like at all. Leaf's is the least bad of the girls. The GSC designs are runners up, but I'm not a fan of their color schemes. Or Kris's hair.

Anyone else like seeing how much skinnier the characters (esp. their legs) get as you go across?

Brendan, but I'm probably biased seeing as Ruby was my 3rd game ever, but I also really like X/Y male trainer, Red, and Hilbert somewhat.

I really like the X/Y female trainer, mostly just the hat. HM to May, Dawn, and Rosa.

maybe it's just the fact that i'm too used to seeing him close-up where you can see the imperfections in his in-game model, but i really dislike wes's design. there's also that whole trenchcoat thing.

it's still way better than the XD protagonist's design, though.

I can see your argument there, I just really liked the look overall. Trenchcoats are cool to me xD

Oh, easy decision for me. ^^

Male: Lucas and FR/LG Red are the only ones I actually like much at all. Lucas wins for me though. I always thought he was cute. ^^

Female: Rosa! She is just adorable! Hilda, Leaf, and the X/Y female are very pretty too though. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Male: I liked Hilbert, but I must say that I love the X/Y Hero design a lot more now.

Female: Its a toss up for me between Hilda and Rosa. I really like both equally, but if I have to choose, I'd go with Rosa because I prefer her visor to Hilda's hat.

But honestly, the best character designs in Pokemon for me typically are the Rivals and certain villains; someone should make a poll for them if there already isn't!

Oh yeah, I forgot that I find Dawn to be pretty too.

And the X/Y female looks just like me if she's blonde, so I'm kinda happy to see people say she's pretty. Hehe. :P:

I'll be that guy to give my votes to R/S May and D/P Lucas with D/P Dawn and Nate as runner ups.

I liked Hilbert, but I got so tired of his design after running around with him for hours on end.