Official SSB4 Newcomer Bets Thread

Randoman

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I also remove Toon Zelda/Sheik?

Sure, though I'd recommend switching someone in if you think a character is likely who isn't on your list yet. You might as well make the most of your switch/removal/addition.

I decided to update my bets. I took out Lucina and added Little Mac and Mii.

Alright, but that'll be taking up both of your 2 guess switches/removals/additions, since you're adding a character and switching out one for another.

Little Mac

Super Punch out!! Mac

Wii-era Little Mac

Wii-era Little Mac's alternate colors

Doc Louis

Sandman

Mike Tyson

Bald Bull

If I'm still allowed to take out KK Slider, I'll switch him for Little Mac, and I'll go ahead and add Lucina to my guesses.

Yep, you can take out KK. The switch and the addition of Lucina will use up both of your guess change opportunities, unless we allow more later down the line (2 changes only may be too few, so we may allow more later down the line).

I switched out Toon/Zelda Tetra for Little Mac, and since I've switched two I have to wait before switching more right? Unless I read it wrong?

Well, the Shulk one was free since X is a tentative title and it showed that X isn't a Xenoblade sequel, lowering Shulk's chances. You can use up both of your guess changes simultaneously, there's no waiting necessary. Though after both are used, that's it, unless we offer a free switch/addition/removal from an upcoming game revealing new information or if we allow more guesses in the future.

Right now, I don't have many characters I'm confident in, but I have some. So I'll share them here.

Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Miis - Pretty much that leak rings true to my ears. They're in the game, let's just move on to the rest of the cast already

Mewtwo - Sakurai was quoted saying, in between laughs, "We're thinking about" adding Mewtwo. Regardless of Sakurai's mysteryous answer, I think he's the most obvious choice for a Pokemon newcomer. He's got his new form to work with, as well as a hell of a lot of popularity.

Chrom - I don't think Roy is necessarily out of the running, I just think Chrom is being added. Probably for the same reason Ike was added. It's who IS is going to suggest. We may get Lucina, and a man can dream that IS would suggest Tharja, can't he?

Dixie Kong - Tropical Freeze sort of just soidified her in my mind. I was already leaning towards her over K. Rool anyways. And like Roy, Dixie being added doesn't necessarily mean he won't be added.Sakurai's looking back on old characters he couldn't fit into prevous games, and Dixie is one of the choices that seems rather obvious to me.

I just thought I should bring this link up for people who guessed Namco characters like Pac-Man or Lloyd.

So do you guys think we should allow another free switch/removal for any guesses towards Namco characters? I'm personally for it, since it's not like it was unreasonable to think Namco Bandai would be entitled to a guest character for helping develop the game. But now that we know that isn't the case, I'm guessing a lot of people will want to change their guesses.

People thought Namco was entitled to getting one of their characters in just because they worked on the game?

Sakurai's not that nice. Their characters still have to earn their way in. They get no shortcuts.

Alright, it looks like we'll be allowing a free switch/removal for any Namco characters that were guessed.

I'm switching my Pac-Man guess for Little Mac.

I'm gonna separate Chrom and Lucina on my character roster bets, add Anna, and remove Taki.

Well, since a guess stating "Chrom/Lucina" wasn't really allowed by the rules, I guess you separating them to their own separate guesses is okay (since it's now in line with the rules) and won't count as a guess switch. As for adding Anna and removing Taki, I'll count that as a switch instead of a separate addition and removal, so that'll leave you with one more guess addition/switch/removal.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard about Olimar's confirmation for SSB4, but he's a veteran, so this doesn't affect the bets at all.

If anyone made any bets on any of the new Pikmin captains for Pikmin 3, I would've considered letting them have a free switch/removal for any Pikmin 3 captains that were predicted, but since nobody guessed them it's unneeded.

• 5 months later...

Well, now that Rosalina has been confirmed as playable, it's time to update the scores accordingly:

Randoman: 105
Silver Pegasus: 80
Vashiane: 110
shinpichu: 80
Acacia Sgt: 80
Konnor97: 105
Fire Emblem Fan: 80
Knight: 105
Ruarik: 105
Green Poet: 105
Greatgramcracker: 80
ShinRPGamer: 80
Shin: 105
Vampire Merc: 80
Dinfinitysignfina: 80
Owain Dark: 105
Devilsbane: 80
Zeem: 105
AllAroundGamer9: 80
Kamina: 80
JasonMendez: 80
Tamahome: 80
Ein: 80
Alfred Kamon: 95
Rehab: 80
TharjaAssault: 80

AllAroundGamer9 and everyone below received a -5 penalty for every newcomer revealed before Rosalina. Sorry, it's a bit of a harsh penalty, but it'd be unfair if someone was to win by joining really late when everyone's scores might be low. I'm open to suggestions on how to make it more fair, though.

Sorry Tamahome, the Mario series wasn't allowed a placeholder spot like 6th Gen Pokemon was so even though your Mario newcomer placeholder was correct, it wasn't allowed so you don't get the points for the Rosalina reveal.

Also, now that the 6th Gen has been fully revealed, what do you guys say towards a free removal/switch for any 6th Gen placeholder spots or Mega Mewtwo? It turned out that the 6th Gen didn't really have a Lucario or Zoroark equivalent and a lot of people probably want to change/remove that guess. I'm personally for it.

I wouldn't mind a free removal/switch when concerning a 6th Gen placeholder/Mewtwo. If it goes through, then I know I'd use it to replace the Gen 6 placeholder for Mewtwo (with Mega Mewtwo Y implemented). Gen 6 doesn't really have much for reps, except for Mega evolutions, and Mewtwo -> Mega Mewtwo Y (final smash probably) is probably the one to fit it most. Oh, and I am specifying MMY because unless they make it either random or having to do a certain button combination when you activate the final smash (assuming it would be one), they're probably only going to use one Mega Mewtwo, and Y would probably be used over X, what with the movie and all.

Dang did I really put Tharja and Ghirahim on mine? I really doubt both of them now but oh well XP

As for Pokémon, I agree that people should be allowed to switch guesses if they want. Would Mega Mewtwo still be considered a "newcomer" if it turns out to be his Final Smash?