How to get Katarina with your Avatar

Chiki

If you need a way to get Katarina without wanting to grind a team for Apeotheosis just yet, here's an easy way:

Requirements

1. 2 Limit Breaker scrolls

2. A fully capped Sorcerer Avatar with Luna, Aegis, Pavise, Limit Breaker and Armsthrift

3. A fully capped Paladin Chrom (magic, res and luck over 30 at least) with Dual Guard+, Dual Strike+ and Limit Breaker

4. 10 forged Brave Lances (max might, then hit)

5. 1 forged Waste (max might, then hit)

6. 1 forged Aversa's Night / Nosferatu

7. A lot of Elixirs

8. Some patience (could take an hour or so once everything is prepared, if you're unlucky)

9. A support

To get Aversa's Night, keep soft resetting on Summer Scramble (it has 18 shiny tiles).

Strategy

Start the first round by pairing Chrom up with the Avatar, and equip Waste with the Avatar. He should be able to take all the hits from the Generals as they are not very strong, and they should all be dead on the enemy phase. If not, just kill them on the player phase. After that, go for the war clerics on the forts with Waste. Both should die in one round.

The second round is easy as well. Ask for the fliers instead of the war clerics. Waste + Brave Lance makes quick work of everyone here. Use an Elixir if necessary. Also, lure the enemies to the throne in order to take advantage of it for the Longbow Snipers next round.

The third round is probably the hardest other than the last, because of the Longbow snipers. Make your way to the throne to take out a few Generals. The Snipers and Bow Knights should be on their way now. Hopefully you haven't taken too much damage yet. Try to kill one sniper per turn with Waste, and go back to the throne and use an Elixir when necessary. Keep killing snipers until you get to the next round. Don't be afraid to use Aversa's Night if you feel like you might die soon.

The fourth round is easy. Simply stay on the throne (lure enemies if necessary by going into their range, the AI does that sometimes). The Superior Jolt fliers are not a big problem as long as you use Waste.

The fifth round is tough and you may need Aversa's Night for this one as you get ganged up on by enemies. You will need to go down and lure one of them; if you do, the entire army will start coming for you. Try luring them by switching to Chrom (his 8 move allows him to get away to the throne better). Wait a few turns to get rid of everyone with Waste and Elixirs on the throne. There are probably going to be a few survivor heroes and paladins remaining, not counting the Longbow snipers. There are a lot of Longbow snipers here, and it's troubling. Once at full HP and once you've killed everyone you can on EP, move from the throne and start killing snipers with Waste (try going for the strongest sniper with 85 might). This is the riskest part of the guide because you might get gangbanged by a bunch of units and not activate Pavise, Aegis and Dual Guard enough, but you should be able to do it if you keep trying. The surviving heroes and paladins should die on the enemy phase to your Waste. Kill Snipers one by one with Waste until they're all down. Finally, go for the War Clerics and Falcon Knights with Waste at the south part of the map. It should be easy.

Edited by Chiki

alternatively:

Galeforce Galeforce Galeforce, leave no enemies alive on enemy phase!

(yes I know that takes more preparation, but it's funny when you take no damage in a run)

someone record a 5 turn of Apotheosis

Edited by shadykid

I may as well try this as a break from all of my DLC character grinding. XD Adding in about five more forged Brave Lances just to be safe. And throwing on Tiki's Tears for each.

Edited by Dai

actually: no brave weapons

your legendary weapons actually have a purpose now!

I believe the reason the OP recommended brave weapons over regalia is because the brave weapons can attack consecutively, and in the long run, that's a lot better for doing damage than using legendary weaponry.

I believe the reason the OP recommended brave weapons over regalia is because the brave weapons can attack consecutively, and in the long run, that's a lot better for doing damage than using legendary weaponry.

I know, I said no brave weapons as a challenge condition

(Gungnir is now useful, gasp!)

Edited by shadykid

I know, I said no brave weapons as a challenge condition

Ah. I didn't quite catch that part, then. My bad.

I'm too much of a wimp to undertake that difficult of a challenge.

I don't know why I thought of Robin and Katarina pairing up romantically when I saw this thread.

This is pretty useful information nevertheless.

this isn't FE12, should've checked the forum you were in

Haha, FE12 actually didn't cross my mind.

I thought it was more like, "omg guiz I found way 2 hab DLC waifu" hoax.

It doesn't matter if this isn't FE12. Just make another Avatar on another file, name them "Chris", put them in the logbook, and then import. Pair up.

Ship.

Just did this with a couple notes:

Different Skills:

Luna over Ignis. Luna deals more damage to things in Apo than Ignis.

Tomebreaker over Armsthrift. I don't find AT to have any value (plenty of gear, paired up with Chrom, so access to Convoy on Player Phase (which still restocks if you put things into it and take them back out), only need one slot for elixirs etc.), and those Superior Jolts can easily be the end of my attempt if I don't breaker their breaker.

FeMU so I had Chrom married, which gives a nice boost to Dual Strike and Dual Guard.

It's still an RNG fest on the final wave.

Glad to see it's working with others. The last wave is a little RNG dependent but it's not too bad.

Tomebreaker over Armsthrift. I don't find AT to have any value

Aversa's Night?

Those Superior Jolt people only do like 15 damage to you. I think Bowbreaker would be a better choice.

In fact, let's ditch Aversa's Night for Bowbreaker over Armsthrift. And Luna over Ignis. One is going to need A LOT of Waste.

Edited by Chiki

Just did this with a couple notes:

Different Skills:

Luna over Ignis. Luna deals more damage to things in Apo than Ignis.

Tomebreaker over Armsthrift. I don't find AT to have any value (plenty of gear, paired up with Chrom, so access to Convoy on Player Phase (which still restocks if you put things into it and take them back out), only need one slot for elixirs etc.), and those Superior Jolts can easily be the end of my attempt if I don't breaker their breaker.

FeMU so I had Chrom married, which gives a nice boost to Dual Strike and Dual Guard.

It's still an RNG fest on the final wave.

not really, I like my Dread Fighters/Grandmasters

My Avatar has 39 str, so he only gets an 18 damage bonus. I think the enemies there have higher than 40 res with Luna?

with rallies?

my +spd/-lck Dread Fighter has 51 str/47 mag before any pairups or rallies, so that's essentially a minumum of 64 str/60 mag once those are factored

Rallies don't concern this guide.

yeah, but I mean more typical Apotheosis runs

wait a sec, wouldn't paladin Chrom push your strength up to 46 anyway? (even as a Sorceror)

Edited by shadykid

Yeah, you're right actually. Luna might be better for some high res enemies though.

Anyway, Bowbreaker doesn't work (the enemies have 100 hit regardless). Gonna put Armsthrift back.

Yeah, you're right actually. Luna might be better for some high res enemies though.

Anyway, Bowbreaker doesn't work (the enemies have 100 hit regardless). Gonna put Armsthrift back.

well yeah, Luna is probably better for soloing (actually, you could just use Sol and tank while using Waste/Celica's Gale), you'll still ORKO

Edited by shadykid

I used Tomebreaker over AT for the Superior Jolts to avoid missing. (Those Superior Jolt enemies would lower hit chances below 40%, and and I'd start seeing problems, although I used Celica's Gales during the flier waves, which helps significantly (better hit and MT, what's not to like?)) [Note, cycling entire inventories is easy, as you're paired up with Chrom, which means anytime during your turn you can hit "Convoy", and thus change out your entire inventory.]

In short using a Breaker like one would for Streetpass- it doesn't make enemies miss, it makes you hit. (Although, it was more or less, cancel an enemy breaker)

I still used Aversa's Night. (I, unlike other people, tend to just use weapons as I see fit. It may have 10 uses, but it's not necessary to have AT. Ever.)

The Generals have the lowest RES in the place at 35.

Everything else is higher than that, so Luna is pretty much straight up better than Ignis.

Tomebreaker just isn't necessary if there's only one Dark Flier in the last phase that has Superior Jolt, and she does like 15 damage. The fourth one has two Superior Jolt users, but that phase is too damn easy.

I think the guide should give the easiest path to getting Katarina. That includes not grinding for gold, buying a bunch of Wastes from Spotpass shops, forging those, then soft resetting till one gets a bunch of Aversa's Nights, then forging those. There's no need.

Edited by Chiki