Fire Emblem Awakening: Future of Despair Anthology

I bring you more obscure Awakening goods from the land of glorious Nippon.

I bring you today... A 300+ page fanmade manga... Doujinshi.

"Fire Emblem Awakening: Future of Despair Anthology"

("The Future Past" to some of you which I think is still a stupid localization)

This thing right here.

Picture:

P1010131.jpg

That book right there... stands above there rest of the FE13 doujinshi in quality...and in content. If you don't know... there's A LOT of R-18 FE13 doujinshi.

This one focuses on Future of Despair. And man... the feels.

Front and back cover:

P1010132.jpg

P1010133.jpg

Look at that thickness:

P1010137.jpg

And scan of one of the... "happier" pages:

AzuresMemories1.png

AzuresMemories2.png

...like I said, it stands above the rest in quality... and the price tag shows it >_>;

Can you translate the pages you had posted?

Azure [inigo]: Mom!

Olivia: Welcome home!

Olivia: Did you have fun?

Azure: Ummm...

Azure: Yeah! And I brought you a present!

Olivia: Such a cute flower! May I have it?

Azure: Yep!

Olivia: Thank you. I love you, Azure. *kiss*

Here, have some feels.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That looks awesome. I can imagine how depressing it must get. If I wasn't so cheap and my Japanese was better I would be tempted to get this.

This. But I would be more than just tempted, I'd get it..

Actually, how much is it?

It's times like this I wish I could read/understand Japanese. I might get it if anyone around me knew Japanese, alas, no one does.

(And we call ourselves anime fans? Lol :P)

71 bucks plus shipping... and that's with 25% off.

Oh... the sale's over... it's back to $95 now.

I hate to say it, because this looks freaking amazing, but I might be better off in this case not knowing Japanese right now..

And scan of one of the... "happier" pages:

AzuresMemories1.png

AzuresMemories2.png

...like I said, it stands above the rest in quality... and the price tag shows it >_>;

...Fuck. That's adorable.

That's actually really sweet.

That looks amazing.

I... I'm actually really mad. It looks so great and yet the fact that it's fan made means that the chances of it ever being translated into English in book form are really low (and I kinda doubt prides would be swallowed and localized character names used), and it would take years of classes to learn enough Japanese to really be able to fully understand and appreciate the storyline and the nuances thereof.

If I had a job I'd actually be willing to donate a significant portion of my wages to seeing this translated... not officially, but with an "official" level of quality to the translation, with all the localized character, item and location names used (but not necessarily the "Future Past" title. That's just... I'm with shadowofchaos on that one). I'd love to read it and actually understand it.

Edited by Starlight36

This looks amazing. It's a shame that it's extremely likely to never get an english release. But hey, someone in the future may be kind enough to translate scans like people did for the Hasha no Tsurgi manga.

Edited by Kamina

Translating it, Rey?

Hell no.

And just for general information, it's a collection of works of various artists. It's disconnected... which is fitting with the title "Disconnected/Interrupted Future".

They don't have to make it ALL make sense... in one instance, Gaia/Gaius is Cynthia's father... in another, he is Azure/Inigo's father.

Edited by shadowofchaos

They don't have to make it ALL make sense... in one instance, Gaia/Gaius is Cynthia's father... in another, he is Azure/Inigo's father.

*makes a strangled noise*

Do you mind just listing the artist for that portion? So I can at least look for them on pixiv or something for more artwork because that family combination is my one weakness. orz

I am really tempted to get this for myself....

*makes a strangled noise*

Do you mind just listing the artist for that portion? So I can at least look for them on pixiv or something for more artwork because that family combination is my one weakness. orz

I am really tempted to get this for myself....

Here, have some feels.

So...

How much blood is spilled in the Doujinshi?

A lot.

And what the heck is this thing?:

SPPEM4M.png

It's a magnet. A DESPAIR magnet.

Like, put it on your refrigerator or something.

And is this seriously a handkerchief?!:

zetubo_hankati500.jpg

Yes. "A handkerchief to wipe your tears away with" is what it says.

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is looks amazing. From the description, then I suppose this is a work of some circle or just artist who happen to make FE:A doujinshi? 300 pages is really something, I bet a lot of ink blood spilled to create it. I wish I could see the day they get translated someday. Or maybe I could just starting to learn Japanese now so even cero games wouldn't stop me from playing

And, do you buy the handkerchief too?

That looks amazing.

I... I'm actually really mad. It looks so great and yet the fact that it's fan made means that the chances of it ever being translated into English in book form are really low (and I kinda doubt prides would be swallowed and localized character names used), and it would take years of classes to learn enough Japanese to really be able to fully understand and appreciate the storyline and the nuances thereof.

If I had a job I'd actually be willing to donate a significant portion of my wages to seeing this translated... not officially, but with an "official" level of quality to the translation, with all the localized character, item and location names used (but not necessarily the "Future Past" title. That's just... I'm with shadowofchaos on that one). I'd love to read it and actually understand it.

If the demand high enough, we would probably see it on the net someday. The difficult part is to wait someone to translate it. Not many group that I know willing to translate a 300 pages doujinshi.

But I share those feel. Seeing some awesome fanmade doujinshi, and will never to see it get translated. Someone should translate Carnival of Champions

Agh...! Why can't I have this?

I just got the Future of Despair (I'm not particularly fond of the localized name myself) DLC a while back and only just got around to playing it... and it's glorious. Holy crap.

I've never been more disappointed at the fact that I can't read a word of Japanese than at this very moment. Sigh.