at chapter 9

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Smug Brit

Smug Brit

There's no cure for stupidity.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

I started this thing on a whim yesterday (well, I haven't gone to sleep since then so technically today I guess) and I'm pretty curious to see how low I can go. My only condition to this thing is no Seth. Anything goes to save turns (but it's how patient I am that limits this) and I'm not bothering for 100% recruitment. Sorry Cormag.

Spoiler (PROLOGUE - 2/2)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 1 - 4/6)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 2 - 5/11)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 3 - 5/16)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 4 - 3/19)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 5 - 3/22)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 5X - 7/29)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 6 - 3/32)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 7 - 4/36)

Spoiler (CHAPTER 8 - 7/43)
UNIT     CLASS     LV.XP HP ST SK SP LC DE RE WEAPON
EIRIKA   LORD      12.92 23 11 15 16 14 07 03 SWORD B
FRANZ    PALLY  10/02.18 32 14 12 16 08 15 04 SWORD C LANCE C
VANESSA  PEG       11.15 30 13 14 18 12 12 06 LANCE C
Obviously heading Eirika route right now, since it's faster and I haven't raised Artur (wouldn't have had the exp to raise all three of them, heh.) But there's one thing that's been bugging me. In Chapter 10, I could sacrifice Tana to drop Eirika next to Pablo on turn 1 enemy phase. She either kills him if she's strong enough, or Vanessa mops him up. Either way works, but would giving up a second flier be too costly? I don't really care about making everyone survive, even though nobody's died yet. If it's for the sake of turnshaving, I'll do it. Also, do I need to raise another Cavalier/Pegasus Knight for anything? If so I'll probably opt for Tana, even though she won't be able to promote till the desert, unless someone gives me a really good reason to choose Kyle. I'm kind of worried about how to tackle the desert honestly, so I'd like thoughts on that. And Chapter 9, for that matter. Not really sure what TC I should be gunning for there, since only really Garcia is competent outside of the units I've listed (and Joshua, to an extent.) Also, should I hold out on Vanessa's promotion or just go for it now? Thoughts?

#2 Soul

Soul

Hnnng~

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

This is cool.

#3 PJSalt

PJSalt

Saltbirds

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

i was going to do a video playthrough of this style of LTC for this very same game. SB the mind reader.

#4 Rin Nakai

Rin Nakai

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Lookin' good. Vanessa is actually strength-blessed on this file.

Franz and Vanessa for your main units sounds sufficient, though you could be interested in an additional 8-move unit (Tana or Kyle?) because of its effect on infrastructure. On Eirika route, you can often get away with having just Seth.

For the desert, I recommend giving Franz all the bosskills and having a flier carry him to the south while Saleh and some others handle the north. Because of fliers, being mounted isn't even a disadvantage in C15.

#5 Smug Brit

Smug Brit

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Holy shit Chapter 9.

Spoiler (CHAPTER 9 - 4/47)

#6 Valhalt

Valhalt

The pinnacle of man in mind, body, and spirit

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

This is cool. I wonder how many turns the "Sethlessness" will add to the current LTC record (whatever that happens to be, I've only started following LTCs recently).

#7 Smug Brit

Smug Brit

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Spoiler (Chapter 10 - 3/50)

Spoiler (Chapter 11 - 5/55)

#8 Groot

Groot

'Dat Castle

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

SUPERFORDE seems to be coming back.

#9 Smug Brit

Smug Brit

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Spoiler (Chapter 12 - 5/60)

Spoiler (Chapter 13 - 1/61)

Spoiler (Chapter 14 - 8/69)

Spoiler (Chapter 15 - 4/73)

If I bother redoing this thing for improvements/someone else wants to try it, raise Artur. Seriously.

#10 Rin Nakai

Rin Nakai

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

People say that FE8 is an easy game, but FE8 is a hard game to LTC well.

I'm wondering if the turns spent staffspamming were worth it (how many times did Saleh get to use Barrier in C12?) - looks like you'll need another turn at least just to get there.

Raising Artur in this kind of playthrough sounds troublesome when you're also preoccupied with training Vanessa and Franz (who are barely of any value in a run with Seth).

Do you think busting your ass to train Vanessa (maybe feed her some of Seth's bosskills) and spend the extra turn (iirc it's just one; need to check my Girls Run recording) to obtain the whip could make a change to a Warpskip run with Seth? Your turn counts beginning with C9 occasionally beat Horace's, C9 being the biggest example of that.

#11 Smug Brit

Smug Brit

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think exp could probably have been optimized a bit better early on and Artur only needs to hit level 10 by Chapter 11 (which he could probably have managed at Forde's expense, I guess.) Don't remember how many turns in C12, it was 3 I think? 

#12 mewyeon

mewyeon

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Wow this is really impressive! I could never do a run without Seth...or Cormag, for that matter.

#13 Tables

Tables

Aah! Maths!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

No Seth (generic run) is really not that bad. I first played this game under the impression that Seth was bad, and basically used him for meatshielding only. On my first hard mode run, did the same thing. Now, LTC without Seth is a lot harder, but LTC is by default usually pretty tough, since working out how to cut a turn takes some effort.

#14 Hawk King

Hawk King

Cherche is classy.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hey SB, you realize that you dont need to actually reach A rank staves before Chp 16 right? You can use turn 1 to finish your staff-spamming and then do your warping on turn 2 for a 2 turn clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users