Toonami Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

toonami_x_logo__1_.png

Ok guys, we'll roll the intro screen with a pan-fade into the Absolution, and the screen will zoom a pixel fade that'll say "You've tuned into Toonami."

Great. Now, what's the lineup gonna be?

The president of Cartoon Network sat at the head of the table, looking around at the 15 producers and representatives for their respective shows, nodding his head at some, and shaking his head at others.

Gentlemen, I can't decide what to put in the timeslots. Why don't you fight for it?

The representatives all turn their heads to face the President. Some were confused, other's dumbfounded. One was speechless, while others muttered to themselves.

What?

Fight for it?

What do you mean?

This isn't standard protocol. Paragraph 17 article 4 plainly states th-

The President interrupted.

Gentleman, you will provide me with a show. You will then cherish it, and nourish it like it was your own. Then, you will compete with the others. We have a limited amount of timeslots to work with, so I want only the best to make it in.

And that's it. Secretary, make a note. This will be a battle of brands. I want to see the best of the best make it to the top. Toonami is coming back, and I'm not putting pushover shows into it's lineup, nor am I trusting weak members of my team to represent their show to the press. This has to be big, so it' s going to be.

The President slowly rose from his chair, towering above the other individuals and confidently walking towards the exit door, chewing his corn-cob pipe and surveying the members of his highly ranked team. He places his hand on the doorknob, turned it slowly, and pushed the door. He then took two steps out, turned around and faced the team.

Gentlemen, our meeting will reconvene tomorrow, and one of you will be forced to leave the room in shame, taking your pride with you. Show to me just how much your show means to you. Let the games, begin.

Welcome to Toonami Mafia! I'm your host, and you'll be in for a wonderful adventure of classic mafia shenanigans and corporate ladder climbing! Well, sort of. It's still mafia, so don't expect that much outside of the norm. There are a few unique rules, so I do suggest you follow them. Notably, rules 4, 7, 12 and 29.
Sample RolePM

Dear Elieson, you are Moltar, Toonami's Birthright God
Here's your shot to manipulate the manual.

Toonami was hosted by Moltar from the Space Ghost franchise until 1999, where Toonami was later hosted by its own original character "T.O.M.".

You're the birthright God of Toonami, so you call the shots. You have the powers to announce lynches, deaths, flips, and call modshots using PHASE PAUSE.

You are allied with the Absolution (Town). You win when all threats to the Absolution (Town) have been eliminated.

RULES:

• READ AND FOLLOW ALL THE RULES!
  • This game is NOC. This means all talking must be done in the game thread (unless I tell you otherwise). Deal with it.
  • Living people can talk to other players about the game in the game thread only. Dead people, follow rule 14. Information cannot be passed from the dead to the living.
  • Everyone will get a role PM with a name, some flavor, a role, and a win condition. You may quote your RolePM in the thread, but you may not quote any further communications by a Host. If it's pertinent to the game, such as a mod error, alert us in your RolePM, and we will post if necessary. Do not post your RolePM in thread until Day 1.
  • Anyone is free to ask me to write them a fake, within reason. Hosts will not generate wincons in fakeclaims.
  • Do not post screenshots. Do not post exceedingly large or copious amounts of images.
  • This game begins on N0, so have fun~! No talking at night, unless I tell you otherwise. Exception is N0. Feel free to talk in thread during N0.
  • A vote counts as ##(your choice of verb): (someone), with (your choice of verb) being "Vote" or something more creative, and (someone) being who you want to vote for. If you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first.
  • Don't edit your posts, please. Warnings or Modkills may or may not be given, depending on the situation.
  • In case of a lynch tie, one of whomever is tied will be force-lynched, and such will be decided by RNG.
  • Each Day Phase will be roughly 72 hours, and each night phase will be roughly 48 hours. Day Phases may end early if a hammer occurs. Night phases may end up to 24 hours early, depending on Night Action confirmation.
  • Screw this. Hammer is 50%+1, and ends phase early. No Lynch is a hammer'able option.
  • If at the end of any day phase, the number of people not voting at phase end exceeds the majority vote, OR at least one-third of the game, rounded DOWN has not voted, the game will end with a universal loss. If you're gonna sign up, you'd best be arsed to play the game.
  • If you have a night action, and do not want to do it, reply to your role PM with Night X - Idling.
  • No items. No Hiddens. I can't balance Items, and I hate hidden anything.
  • If you miss a day and night, you are eligible for auto-sub-out/modkill, whichever one is deemed more appropriate. If you need a sub, say so in the main thread and/or your role PM. I am not your mother, so stay on top of things. Losing interest is not a valid sub-out reason, and being too busy may cause you to be modkilled (this heavily depends on how often you've subbed out with this excuse in the past).
  • Priorities have been created, and will be posted once the game is over. None of the roles will screw with priority. Everything that happens makes sense, and always will.
  • If you end up dead, you can post in thread once until Endgame, but you may NOT do anything to contribute towards the game (scumhunt, give out information, etc.) If at any time a dead player has more posts on default PPV than the living players, I will modkill them in the grave. If during any day phase, there are more dead people posts than living player posts, every single dead person who posted will be posthumously modkilled. (in other words, don't spam the thread if you're dead)
  • Punishment for breaking the rules will range from nothing to modkills. If you feel that the risk of punishment is worth it, go for it, but be warned that things will probably not turn out the way you want it to.
  • If in doubt, follow your role PM, or whatever I tell you in reply to your role PM. Pay attention, or you might miss something important~! If your role PM contradicts the rules, FOLLOW YOUR ROLE PM.
  • If you see your user name in the flavor, it means that you were randomly chosen to do something, so don't sweat it. If you see your role name in the flavor, it's for a reason.
  • If you have been modkilled, you lose regardless of your faction winning. No alternate wincons. You just lose. You will not be the last one alive because you have been forcibly ejected from the game. Deal with it.
  • If you ask a question, and I respond with "DERP!", it means you're not getting a straight answer until postgame. There is a reason for this. HOWEVER, if you want to know whether something will get you modkilled, I will most likely give you a straight answer. . .but don't ask me stupidly convoluted questions for the sake of getting on my nerves.
  • If you want to share your thoughts, I welcome them. Reply to your role PM/bug me on IRC if you wish to do this. It makes postgame 50% better, 100% of the time.
  • If I tell you to do something, and you don't listen, you probably aren't going to like what will happen next.
  • If you feel the need to complain about some aspect of the game before the game is over, please do so in your role PM. Dead players are free to bitch about whatever they want in their role PMs, and only their role PMs. You can also whine on IRC or on Skype (My ID is "Elieson.", with a period at the end), and I'll do my best to humor you.
  • Do not attempt to lynch/kill hosts, no matter how tempting it may be. Any votes on a host will automatically be redirected to yourself.
  • The only players that can affect the game are on the player list. Talking to people not playing in this game is highly discouraged, 'cause there's no telling who will slip what (and I'd rather not have to modkill you for a loose tongue).
  • You may not be an informed observer upon death. If you are dead and hosts communicate game-related material to you, keep it to yourself.
  • Ignorance of the rules will probably make your punishment more harsh. The rules don't exist for my own reading pleasure.
  • Tactical Modkills (I.E. Quoting results from your RolePM, etc) will result in Unflipped death, and a disadvantage being added to your alliance.
  • Don't be lame. I like hosting games, and will be happy to reject your request to join my future games if you play disrespectfully.
  • Reread Rules 1-32, just to be sure you understand them. There are some changes from what you may be used to.

Signups (Living Players):

1. Snike
  2. mafia sucks (Prims)
  3. j00

[spoiler=Dead Players]

Subs

Informed Observers/Mods
-Elieson (Host)
-Helios (Host)
-Paperblade (Checker/Co-Mod)
-Invader ZM (Informed Observer)

Phase Hotlinks
Pregame/Night 0
Day 1 Start
Night 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Modscene 1
Night 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Night 3 Start
Day 4 Start

Night 4 Start

Day 5 Start

Night 5 Start

Endgame

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

copying and pasting from eclipse's games is a good way to make people read the rules, i had to skim them to make sure you weren't modkilling for claiming flavor

/in

I'm not your mother. I seriously hope that you don't ever look at me as your mother. I'm that serious about it

13. If at the end of any day phase, the number of people not voting at phase end exceeds the majority vote, OR at least one-third of the game, rounded DOWN has not voted, the game will end with a universal loss. If you're gonna sign up, you'd best be arsed to play the game.

I'm talking about rule 12, which says we need a hammer to lynch anybody. It's possible for everyone to be voting and for there to still not be a hammer.

Well, if you're interested in continuing to play mafia, there's no better way to improve than to keep on playing.

Also, I'm probably not in this game, although I will sub.

Wait am I still a mod for this or have I been bumped down to IO status

If you're n IO then I am too, since I listed us as the same thing (nothing specfic). Meaning you're modgod

You only get to be a mod if you play in SFMM3.

I technically helped make this game though...

If you're n IO then I am too, since I listed us as the same thing (nothing specfic). Meaning you're modgod

No we're actually both IOs and there is no mods #anarchy

Prims is in the game. I'm confident I'll be able to make it to Day 2 then.

/in as #13.

You wanna be slot 13? Lol way to be unexpectedly specific, captain Demanding!