Sony's been begging Nintendo to let them publish a Mario title on the Vita

Anacybele

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo should've went with it, IMO. :/

No way. Mario is a Nintendo exclusive. Always has been, always should be. And besides, Nintendo has their own problem with the Wii U to fix.

Japanese business model is amazing.

But there's a limit to what those "gifts" can do... even with the Japanese concept of "obligations".

It's gonna be a strict "No" to them, unfortunately. That's my prediction.

"Unfortunately"? This is a SMART business decision by Nintendo. With the Wii U lacking sales right now, they need to focus on making games for their own consoles, not other people's. And Sony is their COMPETITION. Why would they want to make things harder for themselves by aiding their rivals? xP

Edited by Anacybele

"Unfortunately"? This is a SMART business decision by Nintendo. With the Wii U lacking sales right now, they need to focus on making games for their own consoles, not other people's. And Sony is their COMPETITION. Why would they want to make things harder for themselves by aiding their rivals? xP

You're misreading my context again.

That unfortunately is directed towards Sony. Because the Vita obviously sucks on game selection, and begging Nintendo for a Mario title isn't going to save it.

You're misreading my context again.

That unfortunately is directed towards Sony. Because the Vita obviously sucks on game selection, and begging Nintendo for a Mario title isn't going to save it.

well of course not, it's not like Mario will save the Wii U either *ba-dum-tish*

well of course not, it's not like Mario will save the Wii U either *ba-dum-tish*

Business Japanese honorifics ass kissing is only gonna get you so far.

...my gosh, I'm having flashbacks to my business Japanese class. NO. PLEASE. ANYTHING BUT THAT. NOOOOO.

I never saw this on NeoGAF and considering how hot both Vita and Wii U to be bashed there, this must be some made up.

Also Vita doesn't need any game since its already have some games from.....Indies :Kappa:

something more relevant: Awakening has (at absolute minimum) broken 300k sales in the USA!

source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73662358&postcount=1581 (non-bundle, non-digital)+minimum 22k bundles+minimum 80k digital=302k

and this doesn't count bundle sales after launch month or digital sales past March, and assumes 200k retail when it's 200-250k

Edited by shadykid

my hobby: seeing how long it takes people to realise that they're taking an article from an obvious satire site seriously

I wouldn't be spamming up this thread if I wasn't doing the same thing you are.

That post was only about physical copies? I thought Creamsugar was talking about every sale. But yeah, it doesn't make sense for him to have nintendo digital sales.

Either way, that's great! It probably already sold more than 1 million copies WW

Edited by Nobody

That post was only about physical copies? I thought Creamsugar was talking about every sale. But yeah, it doesn't make sense for him to have nintendo digital sales.

Either way, that's great! It probably already sold more than 1 million copies WW

later in the thread it's clarified that it's retail-only -_-