[walhart] FE:A Class, Marriage & Skill Guide

Reginleif

Walhart's

Fire Emblem Awakening: Class, Marriage & Skill Guide

>> http://walhart.tumblr.com/guide <<

The goal of this thread is to compile feedback to continuously improve the class, marriage & skill guide, where players can refer to the best classes, skills, marriages, etc. for each character all in one place without scrambling through GameFAQs and other gaming forums for help. And honestly the better alternative to askafireemblemexpert's guide on Tumblr.

Guide Updates

Contributors List

(everyone who helped in this thread)

COMING SOON

Edited by Reginleif

http://walhart.tumblr.com/post/48735736131/

So.. I spent some time making that. Can you guys tell me what you think about it?

And if there's anything I should change or add. :P

Thank you!!

Just wondering. Put that picture where it showed the kid's max stats with the parent with them. Where could I go to do it my self?

Just wondering. Put that picture where it showed the kid's max stats with the parent with them. Where could I go to do it my self?

Ova here: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_growth_all.html

Oopsies! Wrong one! Here is da right one: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

Edited by Carter

It looks preety close to my setup except for Brady,Laurent,Gerome and Yarne.

I usually do Gregor!Laurent, Lonqu!Brady, Frederick!Gerome/Yarne and Kellam!Gerome/Yarne.

The main difference is that Brady gets Vantage, Laurent gets Vantage,AT and Sol and then Gerome and Yarne get DG+. On the bad side Gerome doesn't get the berserker class

^I really focused more on Armsthrift-users and especially children.

What's wrong with GK Stahl? :/

Are paladins better? I went with GK because it compliments his modifiers and axes.

But I honestly don't have a strong stance on most of the classes, so you can change my mind.

It looks preety close to my setup except for Brady,Laurent,Gerome and Yarne.

I usually do Gregor!Laurent, Lonqu!Brady, Frederick!Gerome/Yarne and Kellam!Gerome/Yarne.

The main difference is that Brady gets Vantage, Laurent gets Vantage,AT and Sol and then Gerome and Yarne get DG+. On the bad side Gerome doesn't get the berserker class

Gregor!Laurent is amazing for a VVW + AT sorcerer!

But I feel like AT+Sol can be better off with Yarne or Gerome. I prefer Gregor!Gerome because he needs it more, along with the Berserker class.

My advice is specifically in respect to the children, but often applies to parents as well.

I, too, prefer Gregor!Laurent and Frederick!Gerome. Especially if you aren't using Axefaire (which I disagree with in this setup). Gerome can go Paladin for str/spd bonuses to the lead, without taking much of a hit to his own damage. That frees up Armsthrift for Laurent -- fully forged Celica's Gales are more expensive per use, and more annoying to buy.

All Stats+2 is great for getting you over the hump for 45 base speed but otherwise -faire is preferable, even moreso on units without Galeforce that will be pair up slaves. Also you don't use Aggressor anywhere?

Vantage is a decent skill for those without Galeforce but otherwise you should be focusing on skills that contribute to killing on Player Phase (with the special exception of Armsthrift). For example Kjelle would be better served with Swordfaire or Deliverer.

Vaike!Nah is a pretty poor offensive unit, I would have her build focus either on tanking or support, neither of which use Luna.

Overall I rate it 8.5 for your attention to detail and good pairing synergy, however neglecting Aggressor seems like a pretty big oversight, and some of your class/skill preferences seem questionable. Don't get me wrong, Vantage is good, but there is no explanation why it's chosen (and there's no mention at all of Dual Guard+).

P.S. you should probably use a bigger font size on your page. Would improve the readability. :)

Edited by Meteor

Its the sorta thing I was looking for ... to better understand how to go but the formatting (How skinny it is) makes it a pain in the ass to read.

Also for those new players like myself when everyone says "I'm not doing the Avatar for obvious reasons" well ... that's not good enough do the flipp'n avatar :P

Pretty good. However... for one, I'm personally bothered by all the Wrath recommendations because it sucks - 20% crit is quite underwhelming for needing to be under half HP, if you ask me. Second, I don't agree with Great Knight for Stahl. Also, what final class did you have in mind for Lon'qu?

^I really focused more on Armsthrift-users and especially children.

What's wrong with GK Stahl? :/

Are paladins better? I went with GK because it compliments his modifiers and axes.

But I honestly don't have a strong stance on most of the classes, so you can change my mind.

I understand now. GK!Stahl is really not the best option compared to paladin or swordmaster. Even if it complements his mods, paladins are better all around and his mods help that, as well as swordmaster, where his mods give him more strength than usual.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Just to let you all know you're helping me make this guide better.

1. Changed the font of my theme. BIgger now, but I'm to change the entire theme soon anyway.

2. Added Aggressor (I dismissed the skill at first because I'm so used to killing in the enemy phase. But it's a must-have for Apotheosis. Thanks Meteor!)

3. Added Fred/Kellam!Gerome/Yarne and Gregor!Laurent

4. BIG ONE: Created both an OFFENSIVE Build & SUPPORTIVE Build for all characters.

5. Can access the guide easily by typing walhart.tumblr.com/guide

6. Changed many final classes, took into account support bonuses from each class. :)

7. I'm making this thread more official like, this can be a big project for all of us to parttake in.

Do you guys have any more tips? This guide is now better than it ever was, IMO. :P

Edited by Reginleif

Im going to make it long, but lets start with the basics

General Tips:

While you did not put this beyond grinding, Rescue Staff is REALLY REALLY amazing and should be used for class that can, especially for Apotheosis. I weight staff acess more than some.... stuff

• Offensive Build: Aether, Aegis, Aggressor*, Limit Breaker*, Rightful King
  • Lord (10) > Great Lord (15) > Dread Fighter (30) > Paladin (15) > Great Lord
  • Support Build: Dual Guard+, Aggressor*, Bowfaire, Limit Breaker*, Dual Strike+
  • Lord (10) > Great Lord (10) > Great Knight (15) > Dread Fighter (30) > Sniper

Chrom is kinda worthless if you did not run his special niche, which is 100% Dual Strike. Granted 100% DS is not much different than 95% ish, but it worth a note. In general, Aegis kinda sucks since you want to kill, and then rescue the bugger

I should note that Paladin > Great Lord, unless you need the 2 Speed.

The best optimization path for the male Avatar is marrying a first-generation female character who can have a child of their own along with Morgan. This will grant the child other than Morgan access to all classes.

I used to think like this, but sadly, its not. It LARGELY depends on your goals

Most Children actually already have the neccesary skillset from gen 1 fathers, that there is little to no reason not to go gen 3 from optimization perspective

Owain(Libra)

• Offensive Build: Vengeance, Vantage, Aggressor*, Limit Breaker*, Galeforce** (Anathema**)
  • Myrmidon (10) > Dread Fighter (30) > Sorcerer

Sorcerer is miles better than Sage. If you said "BUT WASTE IS STRONGER THAN CELLICA FART" I should note that Cellica Fart is better than Waste simply because of the accuracy

The skillset is okay, but I think theres not reason to separate support and offense when the bugger have 1 skill differences and perform simmilarly.

Owain(Ricken)

• Offensive Build: Vantage, Luna**, Aggressor*, Limit Breaker*, Galeforce**
  • Myrmidon (10) > Dread Fighter (30) > Sage
  • Support Build: Dual Guard+**, Tomefaire, Aggressor*, Limit Breaker*, Galeforce**
  • Myrmidon (10) > Dread Fighter (30) > Sage

Tomefaire > Agressor for Vantage Build

Yarne(Frederick)

Support Build: Axefaire, Deliverer**, Aggressor*, Limit Breaker*, Dual Guard+**

Replace Agressor with Swordbreaker

Lucina (Olivia) [O > S]

• Offensive Build: Vantage, Aether**, Galeforce**, Limit Breaker*, Rightful King
  • Lord (10) > Myrmidon (10) > Assassin (10) > Great Lord
  • Support Build: Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, Defender, Limit Breaker, Galeforce** (Aether**)
  • Lord (10) > Great Knight (15) > Paladin

Luna is better than RIghful King on the first Build

Also use Dark Flier for both class

I know, personal preference exist, but when making a guide, optimization should be on the front(IMO). Dark Flier!Lucina is simply better than Great Lord or Paladin because she uses Tomes

On that note, Support Assassin!Lucina is better than Paladin

Defender sucks. Replace Defense with Lancefaire

Kjelle Support

Assassin Kjelle is superior to Paladin Kjelle

Valkyrie Kjelle is comparable to DF Kjelle because of Staff Access

If you run Luna Build Don't use Armthrift

Cynthia (Henry) [s > O]

• Offensive Build: Luna, Dual Guard+, All Stats +2*, Limit Breaker, Galeforce (Wrath**)
  • Pegasus Knight (10) > Dark Flier (15) > Great Knight (15) > Sage
  • Support Build: Dual Support+, Dual Guard+, Tomefaire, Limit Breaker*, Galeforce (Wrath**)
  • Pegasus Knight (10) > Dark Flier (15) > Valkyrie (15) > Great Knight (15) > Dark Flier

Secconding Levant suggestion that Wrath sucks

Dual Support+ is garbage. Cynthia in general only need the first set up, so, if you still insist on keeping Offense and Support build, I suggest replacing the second build with say..... Anathema, DG+, Tomefaire, LB, Galeforce

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Sorcerer is miles better than Sage. If you said "BUT WASTE IS STRONGER THAN CELLICA FART" I should note that Cellica Fart is better than Waste simply because of the accuracy

Wait what? Did you mean that the other way around?

Im going to make it long, but lets start with the basics

General Tips:

While you did not put this beyond grinding, Rescue Staff is REALLY REALLY amazing and should be used for class that can, especially for Apotheosis. I weight staff acess more than some.... stuff

That was #1 on my grinding tips! ;p

Chrom is kinda worthless if you did not run his special niche, which is 100% Dual Strike. Granted 100% DS is not much different than 95% ish, but it worth a note. In general, Aegis kinda sucks since you want to kill, and then rescue the bugger

I should note that Paladin > Great Lord, unless you need the 2 Speed.

^Interesting. Tbh Paladin > Great Lord because mobility.

I'm guessing his support build is alright and he better than offensive?

I used to think like this, but sadly, its not. It LARGELY depends on your goals

Most Children actually already have the neccesary skillset from gen 1 fathers, that there is little to no reason not to go gen 3 from optimization perspective

^Thanks for opening up a new perspective. Sometimes I go with MMU!Noire just so she can get Armsthrift & Galeforce, which isn't bad since a +MAG/-LUK MMU would have a 7 MAG Morgan/Noire so mod-wise it's still amazing.

But if marrying from Gen 3, Lucina is probably your best bet since Aether.

The skillset is okay, but I think theres not reason to separate support and offense when the bugger have 1 skill differences and perform simmilarly.

I'll get back to you on Owain!Libra. (Personally I got him for the hair color, lmfao) But Ricken will always be his best father.

Tomefaire > Agressor for Vantage Build

^Makes sense!

Replace Agressor with Swordbreaker

^If support

Luna is better than RIghful King on the first Build

Also use Dark Flier for both class

I know, personal preference exist, but when making a guide, optimization should be on the front(IMO). Dark Flier!Lucina is simply better than Great Lord or Paladin because she uses Tomes

^Aether with Tomes seems amazing. Luna replacing RK seems more optimized so that Lucina will more frequently activate Aether OR Luna.

On that note, Support Assassin!Lucina is better than Paladin

^Copy that. Higher STR, and access to Bows which is better used supportive than offensive.

Defender sucks. Replace Defense with Lancefaire

^Swordfaire*, since Assassin, you probably meant.

Assassin Kjelle is superior to Paladin Kjelle

^I'm taking it as Assassins > Paladins support-wise, which I get now. :)

Valkyrie Kjelle is comparable to DF Kjelle because of Staff Access

^Once Kjelle is maxed though and she doesn't need to spam Rescue staves anymore, wouldn't Dark Flier be a better support?

If you run Luna Build Don't use Armthrift

^I'm not really picking up on this one. What's wrong

Secconding Levant suggestion that Wrath sucks

^The (Wrath**) in parenthesis is just what Cynthia should inherit, since it's a male-only skill. Since she'll never use it, I'll change it to (Whatever**) but it's preferred that it's a male-only skill so she can at least have access to it.

Dual Support+ is garbage. Cynthia in general only need the first set up, so, if you still insist on keeping Offense and Support build, I suggest replacing the second build with say..... Anathema, DG+, Tomefaire, LB, Galeforce

^That's just changing Dual Support+ to Anathema, which I think is better now since Anathema affects every enemy within 3 squares, and not just the person you're supporting.

How about Support Assassin Stahl?

Bowfaire, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Dual Guard+, Limit Breaker

^Assassins > Paladins support wise I guess. :)

Couple things picked up:

1. Defender sucks.

2. Dark Flier Lucina.. never heard of that but liking it.

3. Aggressor isn't effective with Vantage build. Use -faires (Support)/ AllStats+2*(Offensive)

Thanks for all the help guys, please list more suggestions and I'll edit the guide later today. :)

"^The (Wrath**) in parenthesis is just what Cynthia should inherit, since it's a male-only skill. Since she'll never use it, I'll change it to (Whatever**) but it's preferred that it's a male-only skill so she can at least have access to it."

Axefaire

^Once Kjelle is maxed though and she doesn't need to spam Rescue staves anymore, wouldn't Dark Flier be a better support?

Rescue Staff is AMAZING. Fire Emblem is a positoning oriented game. Guess what Item allow you to manipulate positioning?

^Swordfaire*, since Assassin, you probably meant.

If you run Paladin, go Lancefaire. If you go Assassin, go BOWfaire(because Bow Ignores Weapon triangle). Either way, Lucina should run like DG+, DS+, Limit Break, and Galeforce, so you only have 1 slot to play with

"Replace Agressor with Swordbreaker

^If support"

Swordbreaker is used because Zerker is Axelocked. Your offense is massive as it is, so focus on accuracy