Which pokemon gen, in your opinion, has the best sountrack?

Nobody

What pokemon gen has the best soundtrack, in your opinion?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

Just like how gen 4 is my favourite region, it also has my favourite instrument set, though HG/SS on the gen 4 synth is really great. Eusine's theme and Buena's Password <3 and the new music for Route 47, Ho-oh, and Lugia. Still, Sinnoh has Route 216 (Night) and that automatically makes it my favourite. My one gripe with gen 4 is the really bad legendary theme for the legendaries outside of Palkia/Dialga/Platinum Giratina/psychic trio. Of course it got worse for Arceus who I think has the undisputed worst theme in the series, but I think that didn't happen until HGSS.

Overall my least favourite gen is gen 1. The area themes are nice but I actually think the trainer and wild Pokemon battle themes are more grating than other gens, and you hear those songs *so often*, it's hard to overlook. I particular dislike what FRLG did to the Champion theme, though... gen 5 simultaneously made it better and worse, to boot.

Edited by Samias

I can't decide between Gens III and V. I like all of the soundtracks, though...I'm gonna put V because I've been listening to it the most.

This. If I could have just played with the original GCS songs I probably would have actually beaten HG.

But sometime after you beat it, you get this thing that lets you listen to the original Gen II stuff for nostalgia purposes.

Uh, trick question here, but while I technically love Gen 2, I love the HG/SS remix of them even more. So, I guess both 2 and 4 (but I voted 2).

But yeah, Johto has the best music, made even better in the remake. And for me, its the best of both worlds once I got the item that lets you play the old gameboy music too.

No, I'm totally not being biased here; this has nothing to do with the fact that National Park, among others like Ecruteak City and Dragon's Den, are some of the best and most memorable tracks in the series for me.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Gen 2 have an awesome soundtrack (Route 29 is the best starting route music hands down, even if HG/SS screwed with it, same with Ice Cave). And the Remake of the Kanto Trainer and Pokemon battle is great too. However, the Kanto Town Music is absolutely atrocious, and everywhere (A thing that HG/SS foxed).

But Hoenn still have the best soundtrack, the Rival Theme, the remake of SS Anne who makes me cry each time amongst others (Besides, they made an extremely creative interpretation of a classic Mother theme.

And there's the awesome transition in Route 119 Music.