Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that UU had this problem with Knock Off spam. That probably was the reasoning behind that.

Yeah, but how often do you see a Weavile in UU? They banned Weavile but left Tornadus-T to run rampant. Why ban an entire pokemon because of 1 move? Weavile is extremely frail and takes a lot of damage from a lot of things. It's not like it was hard to deal with. Any priority destroyed it.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

UU's banning policy right now is to ban everything that looks broken, and then gradually introduce the Pokemon back into UU a few at a time.

Because right now, OU is just dropping several really good Pokes down on it (Terrakion, Kyurem-B, Keldeo, Latias and Landorus all say hi) that it's too volitile to handle proper suspect testing.

So does Smogon have general tier lists prepared yet for Gen 6 besides OU (and I'm not sure if that's complete yet)? I've been studying a lot of the pokemon in the lower tiers as I slowly train all of them for the national dex, and I'm considering making some teams for those tiers since I want to try something other than OU. Figured I'd wait until all the analysis were updated with new Kalos pokes and moves...

Also, I've had this question in my head for a while; since my free trial on PokeBank is almost up, what happens to any pokemon I still have in it? AFAIK, I wouldn't be able to access them any more unless I paid the fee? I'm probably gonna do it anyways (just 5$), but I'm still curious....

The only Smogon tier that is pretty much "complete" is OU. UU is close to being "complete" where March 1st marks the finishing touches on UU.

As for Bank, I'd assume you would have to pay the fee to access them again.

So does Smogon have general tier lists prepared yet for Gen 6 besides OU (and I'm not sure if that's complete yet)? I've been studying a lot of the pokemon in the lower tiers as I slowly train all of them for the national dex, and I'm considering making some teams for those tiers since I want to try something other than OU. Figured I'd wait until all the analysis were updated with new Kalos pokes and moves.....

The only Smogon tier that is pretty much "complete" is OU. UU is close to being "complete" where March 1st marks the finishing touches on UU.

Interesting, I was thinking about trying something other than OU for a change(even have the base of an UU team planned).

@SL: maybe we could test them against each other if we ever manage to be available at the same time

Interesting, I was thinking about trying something other than OU for a change(even have the base of an UU team planned).

@SL: maybe we could test them against each other if we ever manage to be available at the same time

I forgot to mention Ubers, that one is also complete. Otherwise the tiering process is going quite slowly.

UU is fun though. More room for experimentation and it's easier to have fun with more things.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

I may also try Ubers for fun. I liked destroying in-game mooks with OP dragons, so using them in an environment where an adversary can actually offer a real challenge would be interesting.(though I assume Kyogre, Arceus and Xerneas are everywhere in there)

So does Smogon have general tier lists prepared yet for Gen 6 besides OU (and I'm not sure if that's complete yet)? I've been studying a lot of the pokemon in the lower tiers as I slowly train all of them for the national dex, and I'm considering making some teams for those tiers since I want to try something other than OU. Figured I'd wait until all the analysis were updated with new Kalos pokes and moves...

Also, I've had this question in my head for a while; since my free trial on PokeBank is almost up, what happens to any pokemon I still have in it? AFAIK, I wouldn't be able to access them any more unless I paid the fee? I'm probably gonna do it anyways (just 5$), but I'm still curious....

Nintendo has said that they will remain on the server, inaccessible, for a certain amount of time, after which they will basically be purged from the system - unless you drop the money down to purchase the license (again). IIRC, they haven't said definitively how long they'll stay on the servers before being booted, just that they will eventually.

EDIT - Source: http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/faq/

Edited by Lord Glenn

So this is a thing.

With the Club Nintendo link here

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/

Pretty interesting, as even if you already own one or both games like me, you can still download a free version and use it for infinite megastones/one-of items, especially the starter stones since they're obtainable very quickly in-game.

I'm wondering, anybody know if I can register a second 3DS to my Club Nintendo account along with the Super Mario Land game that is installed on my first 3DS to get this free version?

D'oh, if I knew where my 3DS case was I would be so tempted to do this with AC:NL, but I don't know if it would work since I got my 3DS at launch.

Edited by Konnor97

Wow, since I already have Pokemon X + already have registered the Nintendo 3DS code and Mario Kart 7, SML3D, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins and I think I'll might get the Y Version as the free download instead.

I'm wondering, anybody know if I can register a second 3DS to my Club Nintendo account along with the Super Mario Land game that is installed on my first 3DS to get this free version?

It should work out if you did registered a Nintendo 3DS system and one of the six games before it was announced, I did the same when I added the Shin Megami Tensein VI code when I added after I already added Awakening to Club Nintendo when the released the game during when they added the $30 Bonus Credit for the eShop from a couple of months ago.

This is possibly instructive:

This promotion begins on 3/1/14. Products registered prior to this date do not qualify for this promotion.

[...]

Register the PIN number for a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT). The PIN number is found inside the hardware packaging.

This suggests that purchasing your 3DS + qualifying games prior to March 1 will not preclude qualification for the promotion as long as you wait until March 1-31 to register your 3DS and qualifying games.

Unfortunately, I don't think your SM3DL is eligible:

Digital: To register a digital version, make sure to link your system to your Club Nintendo account before purchasing in Nintendo eShop.
Edited by Miikaya

This is possibly instructive:

This suggests that purchasing your 3DS + qualifying games prior to March 1 will not preclude qualification for the promotion as long as you wait until March 1-31 to register your 3DS and qualifying games.

Wait, if someone who already added the code for their Nintendo 3DS system and one of the six games before March 1st, 2014 will not get a free downloable code, they have to get an another 3DS and an another different game to add the code in around March to get the free downloadable game?

Edited by Volcanion

Wait, if someone who already added the code for their Nintendo 3DS system and one of the six games before March 1st, 2014 will not get a free downloable code, they have to get an another 3DS and an another different game to add the code in around March to get the free downloadable game?

That's what it sounds like:

This promotion begins on 3/1/14. Products registered prior to this date do not qualify for this promotion.

That's what it sounds like:

Hmm... I just looked at in the "How it works" and I don't see anything that shows any info about "Register one of the six games and the 3DS only in March to get the free code" in that News Site. Didn't they might have forgetten it to mark that there in that page or it might be something not right on either of those pages?

I did see like this from the news site:

Buy, link, and register

your game system

Buy a Nintendo 2DS, 3DS, or 3DS XL

Link your new system to your Club Nintendo account

Buy one of the 6 qualifying games

Register both at Club Nintendo

by 3/31/14

Get your

download code

Click ""Select Your Free Game"" in your To-Do list

Choose either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y

Get the download code by 4/30/14

Get your free game!

Connect to the Internet on your Nintendo 2DS, 3DS, or 3DS XL and go to Nintendo eShop

Go to Menu > Settings / Other to redeem your code

Download your game by 5/31/14**

Edited by Volcanion

Hmm... I just looked at in the "How it works" and I don't see anything that shows any info about "Register one of the six games and the 3DS only in March to get the free code" in that News Site.

I did see like this from the news site:

The information I quoted was from a link on the news site. My earlier posts have the link.

Also, Nobody, it's US- and Canada-only, unfortunately.

ah =(

I wonder if it would work out if I tried to created a club nintendo account and set the country to the US or Canada, but i doubt it, since my e-shop is locked in Brazil now.

Edited by Nobody