Your favorite Disney song.

IceBrand

Hard one. It's tied between "I'll make a man out of you" and "Savages" from Pocahontas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udH7ZksCg5k

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4038887/Pocahontas_Wilde_Sinds_Final_Battle

I actually prefer the German version, but the English one isn't bad at all.

[spoiler=english version]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWocwb8bIQ

Edited by Assurhaddon

I've got a bunch of Disney songs I love, but I have to say A Whole New World from Aladdin is the best. It also got #1 on Disney's official list. :D

I made a thread like this a long time ago where I listed my top ten and a bunch of honorable mentions, I should go dig it up so I can quote the OP.

EDIT: Here it is. I had put Love Will Find a Way from The Lion King II as my favorite, I had forgotten that somehow. XD But A Whole New World is still veeery close.

So, while I was on my break at work today, I heard a surprising piece of music over the intercom radio. It was a piece of Disney music from one of their classic animated movies. "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas, to be precise (though it was a remixed version with a different singer, of course). It's one of the better Disney pieces, imo, though "Savages" is definitely my favorite from the movie.

I just thought after this, I'd ask what everyone's favorite Disney songs are. I grew up with Disney the same way I did Nintendo, and I'm a wiz when it comes to the old animated movies. ;3 I can only think of two that I haven't seen, in fact. The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers: Down Under. But I've managed to pick at least a top ten favorite Disney songs list as well as several honorable mentions. ^^

1. "Love Will Find a Way" (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

This one is definitely my favorite of all! It's simply gorgeous. Beautiful, magnificent, amazing! Both the music AND the lyrics. I really think the whole film doesn't get enough credit, even though it did have the potential to be even better. The music of this song though, is beautiful and the lyrics compliment Kovu and Kiara's situation very well, speaking of the conflict between their prides that's been tearing them apart and how love will find a way to bring them together anyway. The only thing I'd improve is Kovu's part. It could've been a little longer, is all.

2. "A Whole New World" (Aladdin)

How can I not put this amazing song high on my list? Not only is it simply incredible and beautiful and fun to sing, but it placed #1 on Disney's top 100 songs! It truly is a masterpiece.

3. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" (The Lion King)

Another song that simply must be high on the list. It's gorgeous, and it's by Elton John, who made all the amazing music in the movie! It also placed #2 on Disney's top 100 songs! In fact, I think ALL the songs from the movie made the top 10! That's how great Elton John is. ^^

4. "Go the Distance" (Hercules)

I can't remember who originally composed this song, but it is so epic! It shows Hercules's determination and confidence really well too, how he's going to become a true hero and restore his god state whatever it takes. I believe this piece was also in that top 100 somewhere!

5. "I Just Can't Wait to be King!" (The Lion King)

Yep, another Lion King song! This one is just so much fun and so awesome. Loved Zazu getting picked on. lol

6. "Family" (Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure)

This song is so lovely and heartwarming that I almost teared up. I really liked how its performed from different points of view too. First Scamp, then Angel, then Tramp and Lady. All singing their thoughts about what a family means and does. Scamp realizes a family isn't so bad and he develops and grows by learning from the experiences he had while a runaway.

7. "Love is a Song" (Bambi)

Okay, I admit I'm kind of a sucker for love songs. lol Anyway, this one is just so cute, even though it's short. It describes love pretty well though. It doesn't truly end and is kind of a repeating cycle. It carries on from generation to generation.

8. "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)

I grew up with this little movie and although "It's a Small World" was my favorite song in it when I was young, I changed my mind about that when I got older. I still love it, but I just grew to love "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" more. It's just awesome and it has a friggin fun rap in it!

9. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Mulan)

It's been awhile since I last saw Mulan, but I remember this song simply being cool and watching Mulan and the others train themselves was awesome and funny. lol

10. "Higitus Figitus" (The Sword in the Stone)

This one was just so fun and lolzy. Also, Merlin. Just Merlin.

Now for the honorable mentions!

"Savages" (Pocahontas)

"It's a Small World" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)

"Be Prepared" (The Lion King)

"My Lullaby" (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

"Upendi" (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

"Hakuna Mattata" (The Lion King)

"I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)

"Step in Time" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)

"Little April Shower" (Bambi)

"One Last Hope" (Hercules)

"A World Without Fences" (Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure)

"Why Should I Worry?" (Oliver & Company)

"Arabian Nights" (Aladdin, The Return of Jafar)

"I Didn't Know That I Could Feel This Way" (Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure)

"Once Upon a Dream" (Sleeping Beauty)

"Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid)

"Everybody Wants to be a Cat" (The Aristocats)

"Grim Grinning Ghosts" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)

"Whistle While You Work" (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)

"When You Wish Upon a Star" (Pinocchio)

"Be Our Guest" (Beauty and the Beast)

"Prince Ali" (Aladdin)

"Circle of Life" (The Lion King)

"The Bells of Notre Dame" (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

I'm sure there's more I liked enough to put here, I just can't think of them right now. Haha. I haven't seen many of the more recent animated Disney movies though. I loved Tangled, but I only saw it once, so I don't quite remember its music. Some of the live-action films also have music like this, but those are so few and far between that I've kinda forgotten them... xP

Oh, also, I had noticed that Go the Distance from Hercules is also a perfectly fitting theme for one of the main characters of my Tellius fic (Bryan), so that makes it even better for me now. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

oh anacybel zip pi dee do da was from song of the south a lame movie with a plot that is not at all compelling though it was pretty neat when it first came out due to combining animation and live action

oh anacybel zip pi dee do da was from song of the south a lame movie with a plot that is not at all compelling though it was pretty neat when it first came out due to combining animation and live action

I know the song was originally from something else, but the version in the Disneyland Sing-Along Songs video is different and much better, imo.

I read the title and thought "Zero to Hero needs to be mentioned". Then the OP mentioned it himself. Amazing ^_^

Basically every Disney villain theme/any theme sung by a Disney villain in existence.

This. Hellfire I like the most though.

I also like I'll make a man out of you or Be a Man or whatever it's called