Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

Didn't really expect this thread about Marth's confirmation to become a full fledge Smash 4 speculation thread…go figure. Anyways, I suppose I'll maintain this thread for the purpose of announcing all new Fire Emblem in Smash 4 related news and just continue to modify this first post until the game comes out and such. The only other thing that will be announced on this first page aside from ANYTHING Fire Emblem in Smash 4, will be any new characters when they are introduced.

April 8th, 2014

Fire Emblem Assist Trophy

Lyndis has been confirmed to return as an Assist Trophy for Smash 4.

ScreenShot2013-11-06at103629PM_zps7e692a

ScreenShot2013-11-07at23653AM_zps1033907

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

The final Evolution of the Kalos Water Starter Pokémon Froakie! A Water/Dark frog Pokémon known as the Ninja Pokémon, Greninja makes a splash into the battle!

[spoiler=Greninja's official Render]main.png

Greninja does not have a lot of data shown aside from some speed and good mobility! He primarily attacks with various forms of water including some water blasts, a water katana, and his signature Water Shuriken.

For further pictures and gallery visit its official Smash 4 page:

Greninja's Profile

[spoiler=Past Fire Emblem Related Confirmations]

[spoiler=Characters]

[spoiler=November 7th, 2013]

A Super Smash Bros. Veteran since Melee, the Hero King, Marth has returned once again for Smash Bros. 4!

[spoiler=Marth's official render]main.png

Marth's appearance has been updated to his Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem design.

Edit: Among the ten images that were put on his Veteran page, it included this one

screen-9.jpg

I got a good lol out of this "Bitch I'm Fabulous" pic.

For further pictures and gallery visit his official Smash 4 page:

Marth's profile

[spoiler=Stages]

[spoiler=June 11th, 2013]

ssb3d_arena.png

Arena Ferox

Confirmed directly from the Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U E3 2013 trailer, a single Fire Emblem Stage was confirmed for the 3DS version of Smash 4 so far.

It is based off of the namesake location in ''Fire Emblem: Awakening'', featuring the same floor design as the map and even has the crowd seen during a character battle. It features 4 additional platforms, 3 of which are suspended from the air by chains. No other data has been given regarding this map aside from visual data.

[spoiler=November 25th, 2013]

A rather small smash update, it would appear that the Arena Ferox stage is a Dynamic Stage, which means that the the platforms will change from time to time like the Pokémon Stadium stages in previous smash games. We can assume that the stage has multiple platform sets.

ssb3d_arena.png

Marth%27s_Dancing_Blade_Red_Slash_SSB4.j

[spoiler=All Smash Confirmations]

[spoiler=Characters]

[spoiler=Veteran Characters]

June 11th, 2013

Mario

Link

Kirby

Pikachu

Fox

Donkey Kong

Samus

Bowser

Pit

July 12th, 2013

Pikmin & Olimar

August 7th, 2013

Luigi

September 12th, 2013

Peach

September 26th, 2013

Toon Link

October 1st, 2013

Sonic

November 7th, 2013

Marth

December 26th, 2013

Zelda

January 10th, 2014

King Dedede

January 31st, 2014

Lucario

February 20th, 2014

Diddy Kong

April 8th, 2014

Zero Suit Samus

Shiek

Yoshi

Charizard

[spoiler=Newcomer Characters]

June 11th, 2013

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

The newest resident of Smashville! Looking to destroy the competition while paying off Tom Nook's House Loan, the Villager is ready to move into the Smash roster!

[spoiler=Villager's official Render]Villager.png

A rather peculiar choice, the Villager wields various items from his game including his net, shovel, and axe. He loves to pick up things and can collect items off the ground or enemy projectiles and fire them right back!

Villager's Profile

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

The greatest creation of Dr. Light and defender of the year 20XX. The Blue Bomber, equipped with various Robot Master powers, is ready to represent Capcom!

[spoiler=Megaman's official Render]Megaman.png

Megaman seems to be a rather straightforward character. His standard attack is his basic mega buster shots. He also wields various Robot Master themed attacks including Metalman's Saw Blades, Woodman's Wood Shield, and Slashman's claws. Oh and Rush is here too!

Mega Man's Profile

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

The Fitness Instructor of the Wii Fit series. Though she isn't a fighter, she uses her Yoga and Strength training to not only fight the competition, but also improve her overall health along the way!

[spoiler=Wii Fit Trainer's official Render]Wiifittrainerssb.png

Not much info has been given regarding any special character quirks. However much of her standard moves are based from the Yoga and Strength Training series of Wii Fit while her specials revolve around the minigames.

For further pictures and gallery visit her official Smash 4 page:

Wii Fit Trainer's Profile

December 16th, 2013

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

Adoptive mother of the Lumas who protects the universe from the Cosmic Obervatory, Rosalina joins Smash as an all new Character!

[spoiler=Rosalina's official Render]main.png

Rosalina appears to be able to summon Lumas to fight for her similar to how Olimar utilizes Pikmin to fight for him. Lumas of various colors have been seen in the trailer, but it is unknown if the colors change the properties of the Lumas or if it is purely an aesthetic difference.

For further pictures and gallery visit her official Smash 4 page:

Rosalina & Luma's Profile

February 13th, 2014

[spoiler=Newcomer ???]

Trained by the legendary Doc Louis in the art of boxing. The master of the Star Punch, Little Mac, finally joins in the fight to KO the competition!

[spoiler=Little Mac's official Render]Littlemacwiiu.png

Little Mac appears to be a very grounded close quarters character with a massive array of quick and powerful jabs, but has poor aerial game and no projectiles. His standard "B" attack, if fully charged, can result in an instant "KO" if it connects.

Little Mac's Profile

[spoiler=Stages]

[spoiler=3DS Version]

June 11th, 2013

Battlefield (3DS Version)

Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Gerudo Valley (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D)

Spirit Train (Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)

Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Living Room (Nintendogs)

3D Land (Super Mario 3D Land)

Unknown Cave/Jungle Stage (Donkey Kong Country 3D?)

December 2nd, 2013

Find Mii

December 24th, 2013

Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)

February 13th, 2014

Punch-Out!!! Boxing Ring

March 6th, 2014

Tortimer's Island (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

March 10th, 2014

Prism Tower (Pokémon X & Y)

April 8th, 2014

Balloon Fighter

Jungle Japes (Melee Stage for Donkey Kong)

Final Destination (All stages can become a Final Destination styled stage)

[spoiler=Wii U Version]

June 11th, 2013

Battlefield (Wii U Version)

Dr. Wily's Castle (Megaman 2)

Garden of Hope (Pikmin 3)

Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)

Skyloft (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

Wuhu Island (Pilotwings Resort)

Animal Crossing Stage (Animal Crossing: City Folk)

Wii Fit Studio (Wii Fitt)

Punch-Out!!! Boxing Ring

October 1st, 2013

Windy Hill (Sonic: Lost Worlds)

November 15th, 2013

Mario Galaxy (Mario Galaxy)

January 29th, 2014

Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus)

April 8th, 2014

Halberd (Brawl Stage for Kirby)

Final Destination (All stages can become a Final Destination styled stage)

Edited by Naui

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they didn't use his Awakening design. The one from FE12 is so much better!

I'm hoping Ike will return and not be replaced by Chrom. I wouldn't mind having both Ike and Chrom.

I was kind of hoping for Lucina!Marth to be honest, but you can't have everything. Oh well, I guess we still have everyone's favourite Star Lord.

I was kind of hoping for Lucina!Marth to be honest, but you can't have everything. Oh well, I guess we still have everyone's favourite Star Lord.

Seriously, was there ever any doubt about his return?

That's honestly like replacing Pikachu with the new fad pokemon... like Espurr.

She can still be there as a "costume" of Marth.

Marth will be cut for Lucina and Ike for Chrom. Mark my words.

Marth isn't going to be in SSB4.

But other than that, holy crap people... (not singling you out Agro or anything), but for those people that actually favored Lucina INSTEAD of Marth instead of alongside him... oh man I'm just going to walk away.

Marth is *THE* mascot of the series.

I like Lucina as much as the next guy who doesn't waifu her... but damn that's hyping up her character importance to the ENTIRE series.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm surprised people thought Lucina would be used over Marth or will be used as an alternate costume (although I guess I am going out of a limb to say she won't, since it's not confirmed, I just think it's unlikely). Awakening's designs were pretty god awful in general, so I had no doubt in my mind that they'd use his Fire Emblem 12 design which is amazing. Marth looks pretty great, looking forward to it.

The question was always Ike for me, I don't think he's going to be replaced. There's no iconic Awakening character to replace his heavy, strong but slow style. With that noted, I guess Awakening will appear as an assist trophy? To be honest, I hope not! I like Lyn's appearance and want it to be kept.

There was never really a doubt in my mind that Marth wouldn't return. I still can't believe that people thought that Lucina would replace the character who is 50% of the reason why Fire Emblem was brought into the west and is the most iconic Fire Emblem character.

Still there lies the possibility that Lucina may be an alternate skin or something to Marth since Wario in Brawl could be in his Classic outfit or his Wario Ware outfit. But most likely it'll just be Marth in that redesign for Awakening.

In the meantime i'll just sit here waiting for Ike's possible return.

Hm. I'm digging his new appearance. Too bad my prediction of him looking like Lucina was wrong, but what can ya do?

Granted, there IS the possibility of an alt costume that makes him look like Lucina, just as a nod to Awakening. It'd be pretty cool if they threw that in.

P.S: Does he speak English now, or is he still only fluent in Japanese?

Does he speak English now, or is he still only fluent in Japanese?

Will he also get a voice change too?

Question of the century, right here. In my opinion, the JP voicing suits him well. Although, if they're going for an English VA, it better be damn good.

I would rather hear it if possible. But if I have to...

His down taunt translates as:

• Down: Twirls his sword, then raises it in front of him saying "みんな、見ていてくれ!" "Minna, miteite kure!" which is Japanese for "Everyone, look at me!" (same as in Melee).

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Marth_(SSBB)

Edited by Hero-King