Which Skill is Better: Renewal or Lifetaker?

So I apparently got both skills for my Libra in my current run, and was wondering which one was better. I have both equipped right now, but I didn't know if I should just choose one of them so Libra can have room for an additional skill? Or should I just equip them both at the same time? That's why I wanted to ask this (And I'm pretty sure there isn't a topic for Renewal vs. Lifetaker)

Edited by LuigiandShadowGirl

So I apparently got both skills for my Libra in my current run, and was wondering which one was better. I have both equipped right now, but I didn't know if I should just choose one of them so Libra can have room for an additional skill? Or should I just equip them both at the same time? That's why I wanted to ask this (And I'm pretty sure there isn't a topic for Renewal vs. Lifetaker)

Edit: Spelled Renewal wrong, trying to figure out how to edit the topic. >.<

Depends what build you want. If you have both as a sorceror, then nosferatanking makes him all but invincible.

I personally prefer Renewal, since Lifetaker requires a kill and only works after you attack, when you might need it before. You leave more to chance with Lifetaker. Besides, Libra's a healer, not a fighter just listen to those crit quotes.

I think Renewal is better on Libra. 50% healing is rather nice, but if Libra gets healing duty he might appreciate the consistent 33% heal more.

Yeah and he isn't the strongest fighter (at least in my file, anyway).

Depends what build you want. If you have both as a sorceror, then nosferatanking makes him all but invincible.

I'm planning on keeping him as a War Monk. So would Renewal be better then?

I personally prefer Renewal, since Lifetaker requires a kill and only works after you attack, when you might need it before. You leave more to chance with Lifetaker. Besides, Libra's a healer, not a fighter just listen to those crit quotes.

Oh, I see. And you can always rely on Renewal at the beginning of your turn. Thanks for telling me!

I prefer Renewal for the reasons Glaceon Mage stated. And I also think that Lifetaker's counterintuitive in and of itself.

How is counter-intuitive? I think it's a solid skill, but I've been seeing people on the forums (outside of this one) think otherwise.

How is counter-intuitive? I think it's a solid skill, but I've been seeing people on the forums (outside of this one) think otherwise.

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad, but unless you're seriously injured, you won't get much out of it and if you are, attacking might not be a good idea... to say nothing of the part where there might not even be an enemy to attack.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad, but unless you're seriously injured, you won't get much out of it and if you are, attacking might not be a good idea... to say nothing of the part where there might not even be an enemy to attack.

No I didn't imply that you said it was bad, I was just confused. So basically it's not safe to risk an attack AND to defeat the enemy to heal... Plus my Libra isn't really strong, and it's hard for him to defeat certain enemies anyways.

No I didn't imply that you said it was bad, I was just confused. So basically it's not safe to risk an attack AND to defeat the enemy to heal... Plus my Libra isn't really strong, and it's hard for him to defeat certain enemies anyways.

Right... I don't really see Lifetaker as all that great when the situations where it would shine are the same ones where you're risking taking even more damage or dying.

Just stick with Renewal.

Healing skills aren't that great since staves are better, but for all points, since Libra himself is a healer and Healers can't heal themselves outside of Elixir/Concoction/Vulnerary, Renewal.

Thanks for the input, guys. One more question: What skill should I replace Lifetaker then with? I already have Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, and Renewal. I was thinking Vengence but eh...

And also how do you edit threads or is that even possible

Edited by LuigiandShadowGirl

As in thread titles? Click edit, then select use full editor.

Normally I would say class change him to a Sage and equip Tomefaire b/c I don't like War Monks/Clerics since Sages have more MG and can equip Tomes. Though if you really want to be a War Monk, I'd go with Tomebreaker.

Normally I would say class change him to a Sage and equip Tomefaire b/c I don't like War Monks/Clerics since Sages have more MG and can equip Tomes. Though if you really want to be a War Monk, I'd go with Tomebreaker.

This.

...Well I feel like an idiot for not realizing that. Thanks for telling me.

I don't want to change him to a Sage cause I have like 4 or 5 of them (no joke) and thought I needed different classes (he does have a nice magic stat though). You would go with Tomebreaker? Well I'm going through the whole Sorcerer Line anyway so I'll snag both...Thanks for the advice!

War monk really isn't a very good class, by the gods they should have kept magic types separate and just keep the bishops. If you want more healing power, more offense, and an all around better unit, you should really go with Sage. The class is über powerful, there really is no drawback to having lots of them. It's more beneficial to Libra as well since more magic=more healing, as I pointed out in the Brady thread.

The only purpose or War Monks is to get rid of all the Bolt Axes Infinite Regalia throws you, and they need a very high axe rank to do even that. If you're going to have staffers, use Valkyries/Falcos for the 8 mov or Sages for the extra mag/combat utility.

War monk really isn't a very good class, by the gods they should have kept magic types separate and just keep the bishops. If you want more healing power, more offense, and an all around better unit, you should really go with Sage. The class is über powerful, there really is no drawback to having lots of them. It's more beneficial to Libra as well since more magic=more healing, as I pointed out in the Brady thread.

Are bishops magic users? (Sorry; I've only played FE13) I'll...I'll think about it. I made Brady a Sage, and Libra was his father so... I guess there's no drawback to having many sages, huh?

Are bishops magic users? (Sorry; I've only played FE13) I'll...I'll think about it. I made Brady a Sage, and Libra was his father so... I guess there's no drawback to having many sages, huh?

Yes.

I strongly disagree there; what with this game already having 6 classes that could use tomes, I just don't see the point. And separate magic types just seems rather unnecessary to me, too.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yes.

I strongly disagree there; what with this game already having 6 classes that could use tomes, I just don't see the point. And separate magic types just seems rather unnecessary to me, too.

Tactician, Grandmaster, Mage, Sage, Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorc, Dark Flier, Valkyrie and Dread Fighter can use Tomes. That's 10 tome using classes.

Barbarian, Berserker, Fighter, Warrior, Hero, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, General, GK, War Monk, and Dread Fighter can use Axes. That's 12 axe using classes.

Ignoring base classes and Dread Fighter, it's still 6 to 8. If War Monk switched to Bishop(tomes), it would be even either way.

Just for kicks, the game has 17 sword using classes (Lord, Great Lord, Tactician, Grandmaster, Cavalier, Paladin, GK, Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin, Trickster, Mercenary, Hero, Bow Knight, Dark Knight, Dancer, and Dread Fighter).

There are 12 lance using classes (Great Lord, Cavalier, Paladin, Knight, GK, General, Pegasus, Falco, DF, Wyvern Lord, Bride, and Villager).

There are 7 staff using classes (Trickster, Falco, Priest, Monk, Troubadour, Valkyrie, and Bride).

Tomes being overpowered aside, I hardly think the game has too many of them.

Note: I'm not counting Lodestar and Conqueror because they're character specific, or Merchant and Soldier because they're enemy only.

Tactician, Grandmaster, Mage, Sage, Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorc, Dark Flier, Valkyrie and Dread Fighter can use Tomes. That's 10 tome using classes.

Barbarian, Berserker, Fighter, Warrior, Hero, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, General, GK, War Monk, and Dread Fighter can use Axes. That's 12 axe using classes.

Ignoring base classes and Dread Fighter, it's still 6 to 8. If War Monk switched to Bishop(tomes), it would be even either way.

Just for kicks, the game has 17 sword using classes (Lord, Great Lord, Tactician, Grandmaster, Cavalier, Paladin, GK, Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin, Trickster, Mercenary, Hero, Bow Knight, Dark Knight, Dancer, and Dread Fighter).

There are 12 lance using classes (Great Lord, Cavalier, Paladin, Knight, GK, General, Pegasus, Falco, DF, Wyvern Lord, Bride, and Villager).

There are 7 staff using classes (Trickster, Falco, Priest, Monk, Troubadour, Valkyrie, and Bride).

Tomes being overpowered aside, I hardly think the game has too many of them.

Note: I'm not counting Lodestar and Conqueror because they're character specific, or Merchant and Soldier because they're enemy only.

I was thinking in terms of promoted classes.

I was thinking in terms of promoted classes.

Swords: 12 (+2 if Conqueror and Lodestar are counted)

Axes: 9 (+1 if Conqueror)

Lances: 8 (+1 if Conqueror) (won't count villager)

Bows: 5

Tomes: 7

Staves: 5

Sure there's more tomes than Staves or Bows, but There's 9/10 Axe classes, 8/9 Lance classes, and 12/14 Sword classes.

Bishop over War Cleric/Monk would make Tomes even with Axes.

... As a look, there needs to be more Bows.