Poke Ball Pattern Vivillon (plus other event Pokemon)

VincentASM

This is old news, but figured it should deserve its own thread (unless I missed it) since the event distribution is nearly starting.

pokeballviv.jpg

The temporary Pokemon Centre in Paris will be distribution the Poke Ball pattern Vivillon between June 4th and 21st: Source

Are any French or Parisian Pokemon players going to visit to grab the super-rare Vivillon? If so, can I be your new friend? X D

Just in case there's limited discussion, what are your thoughts on event Pokemon? Do you bother to grab them? Or are you a mad collector with loads of them?

Personally, since I only just got back to Pokemon X/Y, I've missed pretty every single event, so I'm hoping to play catch up. And I reckon this Vivillon would be very nice to have : )

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah, I've been to most real-world events (gamestop TRU)

Interesting, but not really worth it unless you like the event

(and dex completion, hehe)

Dex completition makes sense. I know you don't need them for rewards, but it irks me that I've got holes in my dex. Good thing we've got the internet for trading though : P

Do you have any spare event Pokemon?

I think the fancy pattern vivillon distribution should also be noted here.(unless it has a thread I didn't see)

Yeah, that one is pretty cool too. However it's distribution period is still unknown and it's going to be worldwide, so I figured it didn't need specific mention, yet ^^

I grab most event mons, though if I may, isn't the Pokeball Vivllion available only in the UK?

Where did you hear that? I live in the UK and I don't recall any mention.

Plus the press screens (like the one I linked) showed a French Vivillon, so it's in France at least ^^

What I'm curious about is if offspring of this Vivillon will evolve into Pokeball Pattern Vivillon. :o

I collect any event Pokemon I can, because, well, they're normally very special and unobtainable in any other way.

Edited by Anacybele

Where did you hear that? I live in the UK and I don't recall any mention.

Plus the press screens (like the one I linked) showed a French Vivillon, so it's in France at least ^^

Its not available anywhere besides Europe and Japan

Nintendo did this themselves, but have no reason stating why

What I'm curious about is if offspring of this Vivillon will evolve into Pokeball Pattern Vivillon. :o

I collect any event Pokemon I can, because, well, they're normally very special and unobtainable in any other way.

No, for the fact, once you catch a Scatterbug of any kind, they're region locked to the region you're in.

Uh, you're not catching this Vivillion, you're receiving it. :/

A better way to put it: you can't change the pattern of the Scatterbugs you catch or hatch in your game. So if you breed the Poke Ball Vivillon, there's a 99.99% chance you'll get an offspring with the same old pattern you've always had.

Unless Nintendo are supppppeeeer generous and allow unique patterns to be inherited.

Its not available anywhere besides Europe and Japan

Nintendo did this themselves, but have no reason stating why

Okay, I see the Japanese Pokemon site has mentioned the Poke Ball Vivillon. I'm hoping that's a sign it'll be available in more locations.

Now I don't have to mail my Pokemon Y to somebody in France.

As for why events are restricted to certain places, I guess it's just Nintendo being Nintendo : P

Edited by VincentASM

Okay, I see the Japanese Pokemon site has mentioned the Poke Ball Vivillon. I'm hoping that's a sign it'll be available in more locations.

Now I don't have to mail my Pokemon Y to somebody in France.

As for why events are restricted to certain places, I guess it's just Nintendo being Nintendo : P

Bascially yeah.

Sucks that I can't have here in the US <_<

Edited by Victor S. Court

At least we'll get the Fancy Pattern Vivillion...

Mmm-hmm, I actually prefer that pattern myself. I can see myself soft-resetting for ages to get good stats and nature on it, because I want to use it for battle. Yeah, I know that's silly...

How dare you betray your country for something as simple as a Pokemon?

Loyalty, what's that?

Mmm-hmm, I actually prefer that pattern myself. I can see myself soft-resetting for ages to get good stats and nature on it, because I want to use it for battle. Yeah, I know that's silly...

That's going to take forever. >_>

I mean, legendaries, okay, since they have 3 perfect IVs by default...

But man, Vivillion is going to take forever.

That's going to take forever. >_>

I mean, legendaries, okay, since they have 3 perfect IVs by default...

But man, Vivillion is going to take forever.

I know right? Been SRing for a Cresselia on Black 2 and its stats are always crap.

Maybe I'll just settle with a 31 speed IV and troll people with Sleep Powder. That's how most of my Vivillon battles go anyway : P

I know right? Been SRing for a Cresselia on Black 2 and its stats are always crap.

Maybe I'll just settle with a 31 speed IV and troll people with Sleep Powder. That's how most of my Vivillon battles go anyway : P

Didn't gen V have that RNG for perf IVs?

But eh, even Timid 31 IVs is going to be a pain.

Like, a 1/25 chance for Timid and 1/32 for 31 IV in speed?

That's a 1/800 chance. A 0.125% chance.

Even if you settle with Naive or Hasty... still less than 1%. >_>

But maybe putting the opponent's Pokemon to sleep and dancing away with fancy ol' Vivillion will be worth it?

But maybe putting the opponent's Pokemon to sleep and dancing away with fancy ol' Vivillion will be worth it?

you can also rng abuse on gen 3 and 4, though i wouldn't suggest gen 3 because you literally have to get your timing down to the nearest hundredth of a second.

Yeah, the chances blow.

Still better than a Shiny though, right? X D

Well, won't know until I've tried. I'll just keep SRing until I get it or find somebody who's got one, then trade for it.

I would be a "mad collector" if, you know, Nintendo/The Pokémon Company would get off their asses and actually bother to distribute events (or distribute them in ways that make sense).

Pokémon is a global game, even moreso after the release of X and Y. You can't bring the slogan of "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" back and then not let the players... catch them all. I mean, creating a distribution of a player's perfect Metagross that won in the World Video Game Finals the previous year and making it available to people that are attending this year's Worlds? That's fine. Creating an entirely new pattern for a Pokémon and locking it to a single, specific location that's TEMPORARY and might be halfway around the world from some people? Not exactly fair. (I mean, I suppose it's better than if it would have been a distribution for an actual species that you just couldn't get in the game, but still...)

Also, I'm willing to bet that the Fancy Pattern Vivillon will be a Poké Bank distribution, seeing as they've only used it for Celebi so far.

Plus, how hard is it to copy over a DATASET, anyway? The language files are already in the games, so porting over entries distributions should take no time whatsoever - it should literally be just an array of data and distributing it! So why hasn't anyone outside of Japan gotten the CoroCoro Charizard distribution (with the opposite Mega Stone to your game)? Why are the Electabuzz and Magmar distributions only available in Europe? Why does Japan have like 5 times as many Holo Caster announcements as everyone else? Etc.

For a game that's all about being connected [to other players] (and even had a worldwide release), the companies involved sure are doing a great job at keeping everyone equal. </sarcasm>

**sheepishly hides his PowerSaves from view**

It's fun being able to get other regions' event pokemon. =P

(If you want one, you can PM me.)

Of course, it was more fun to actually go to GameStop and download the event... But this works too!

• 3 weeks later...