New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

If that enemy unit's using a bow, is it possible the weapon triangle got reworked, seeing as his weapon has a down arrow on it?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it me or does the only visible fighter (that I know of) look like s/he has a cowboy hat?

It's screaming more Avatar/MU to me honestly, considering we didn't see much of her during the animated bits and the costume reminds me of the Grandmaster one, minus the coat.

I could see it going both ways.

Fan translators seem to be identifying the Maid girl as "Felicia", the Myrmidon girl as "Kazabana" and one of the in-battle mounts as "Max"

Jan_012.jpg

This guy's called Marcus????

Elibe prequel confirmed.

(Different spelling. Could be Marcs or something.)

EDIT: My Japanese sucks, but pretty sure sleepy girl is Kazahana.

Edited by VincentASM

I can't read Japanese but if that does indeed say Marcus

Young Marcus

Dancer that looks like Ninian

...Is Roy in this game?

I'd love a remake/rework/prequel to the Elibe setting, though.

Edited by Raven

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

If that enemy unit's using a bow, is it possible the weapon triangle got reworked, seeing as his weapon has a down arrow on it?

IS confirmed thieves. Yeti should sue for them stealing his bow/melee triangle.

And they stole my skill system for Awakening too! Curses!

Initial impression looks excellent.

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

If magic > melee tho...

Edited by XeKr

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

I see, it's called "katana" I think instead of "tsurugi"

It's probably just to match the theme of the game, guess.. although, I don't get the advantage over bows in that instance(since it's not needed at range 1).

Edited by Soledai

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

kazahana is using a weapon that uses a different kanji from what is normally used for a sword; it could still be a sword though.

also apologies if this ends up being a double post, editing is hard as fuck on tablet.

kazahana is using a weapon that uses a different kanji from what is normally used for a sword; it could still be a sword though.

also apologies if this ends up being a double post, editing is hard as fuck on tablet.

yeah, that kanji says katana instead of the usual tsurugi, my guess is just that the weapons have been changed to match the theme of the game.

Holy cow this game looks awesome! Shame that the dual system is back though, I'd kinda prefer it if they kept that out. It was fun in awakening, but...

Let the enemy be able to use it too, and make it less broken and it could probably work... probably

Especially support defense, take some damage partner who blocked an attack or even die if you try to block lethality somehow

Edited by Soledai

I see, it's called "katana" I think instead of "tsurugi"

It's probably just to match the theme of the game, guess.. although, I don't get the advantage over bows in that instance(since it's not needed at range 1).

Oh. I'm wondering about the advantage over bows myself, given it doesn't seem to be that helpful....

Oh. I'm wondering about the advantage over bows myself, given it doesn't seem to be that helpful....

Me too, sort of.

I'd like to think that can imply more range 1-2 bows, but that's wishful thinking, unless there's some other reason it has a disadvantage against swords...

Unless being at range one is an automatic disadvantage for bow users, hurting them even more.

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

IS confirmed thieves. Yeti should sue for them stealing his bow/melee triangle.

1955f0daba6d1fef4d3d414e507fb464.png

FE7x confirmed canon

The background with the soldiers was most certainly interesting. There were soldiers of both sides of the bridges, so one of them must represent the player's side. Awakening acted like the PCs were the only people in the whole world whose lives mattered, so seeing the involvement of nameless cannonfodder on the player's side aknowledged is most certainly encouraging.

And I guess I'm positive about having a new writer too but I'm more worried about the entire direction of the game. If the IS staff wants more scumbags like Tharja and present them unironically as charming and completly loveable despite all the evidence to the contrary, then there is not a whole lot a writer can do about that.

Of course, the mere fact that they announced a new writer in the first place probably means that they are hoping to benefit from his reputation... but it could also be that they want to hint that the story is breaking away from Awakening.

...man, I wish I wouldn't have to grasp at straws to become positive about this.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard of that writer?

Edited by BrightBow