[Concept only] A hack with no healing

Klokinator

I was chatting with Skitty and we came up with the amusing idea to do this:

-Make a hack/FEXNA project that has no healing in between chapters, no staves, no vulneraries/etc.

-The only way to heal would be by using either FE4 churches or a sort of "bishop" in the base who can heal wounds or revive party members for a gold fee (And the revive cost would be like [250 gold*level of the deceased] or something idk)

The point of the game would be to make it to the end, but this time since you have no way of healing except for a gold cost, money becomes a stringent necessity you can only sparingly use.

I'm not planning to use this in any upcoming games, it's just a concept. Feel free to use the idea in your own projects though.

Edited by Klokinator

I've thought about making between-chapter healing be dependent on whatever's going on in the story at the moment, but going all the way and giving no healing whatsoever?

I'd never put it in anything but the highest difficulty, that's for sure.

After seeing this, I think it's a neat idea. In fact, I might use it somehow in my own project, the reskin. I might remove the healing staff from the shop and just give players several vulneraries and elixirs to work with for the 1-8 chapters. That way, it adds somewhat of a survival/challenge to the experience and force players to use forts, etc. But we'll see.

After seeing this, I think it's a neat idea. In fact, I might use it somehow in my own project, the reskin. I might remove the healing staff from the shop and just give players several vulneraries and elixirs to work with for the 1-8 chapters. That way, it adds somewhat of a survival/challenge to the experience and force players to use forts, etc. But we'll see.

NUUUUUU! DEN IT WILL BE TOO HARD! :c Maybe make it a "hard" version of the hack that is a seperate patch?

I could manage with the no staves or healing items... but not sure I could do with the no between chapter healing bit as well.

I don't often need to heal in battles, so making it to the end still alive is feasible for me... but when I say alive, that sometimes means I have characters with 4 HP left XD that would be a terrible way to begin the next map.

-The only way to heal would be by using either FE4 churches or a sort of "bishop" in the base who can heal wounds or revive party members for a gold fee (And the revive cost would be like [250 gold*level of the deceased] or something idk)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the idea to disable healings between chapters before; ie you start a new chapter with the HP you ended the last one with and I worked on making it a thing for a few hours and never looked at it again, but not being able to heal seems too unbalanced unless you added new ways to heal like giving certain units Sol or Imbue or something

Did you miss the part where I said

?

I was chatting with Skitty and we came up with the amusing idea to do this:

-Make a hack/FEXNA project that has no healing in between chapters, no staves, no vulneraries/etc.

The point of the game would be to make it to the end, but this time since you have no way of healing except for a gold cost, money becomes a stringent necessity you can only sparingly use.

I'm not planning to use this in any upcoming games, it's just a concept. Feel free to use the idea in your own projects though.

I'd actually like this, I didn't mind the churches in FE4 and this almost sounds like a NUZLOCKE FE.

The revival cost reminds me of the formula they use in Ogre Battle 64

I see no reason why not. Add in FE5 capturing and you've got a great money drain system where the player can kill and loot everything in sight, but all that money goes towards healing units constantly so they never end up with too much. Plus, it makes Knights useful again, as they can absorb blows and last much longer than other units.

I see no reason why not. Add in FE5 capturing and you've got a great money drain system where the player can kill and loot everything in sight, but all that money goes towards healing units constantly so they never end up with too much. Plus, it makes Knights useful again, as they can absorb blows and last much longer than other units.

Also makes Archers a safer option if you make 1-2 range weapons a little harder to come across. Since you don't want your frontliners taking more damage then they have to, the chip damage from archers and magic classes suddenly increases in use.

Edited by Jedi

• 3 months later...

Even better: play Golden Sun, and learn how to not use the healing spells