Famitsu 21st May Digital Issue Out Now

VincentASM

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need help with anything?

Sure, help is always nice : ) I usually write up a transcript first and translate it from there, rather than a direct translation. So if you want to start from page 1 and start writing it as a transcript, that would be pretty helpful : )

Character bios... Anyone who knows Japanese around to double check?

Felicia

A talented(?) maid who cares for the Avatar during his/her residence at the Kingdom of Nohr. A hard-worker who puts on a brave face, but a careless person covered in failure. An ally regardless of the Avatar's chosen camp.

Joker

Like Felicia, a butler who serves the Avatar while he/she is at Nohr and an ally no matter what. From household chores to battles, he can do it all, but he doesn't shown an ounce of friendliness towards anyone besides the Avatar.

Gunter

A knight who has served the Kingdom of Nohr for many long years, with many feats of valour behind him. He acts as the Avatar's caretaker and subjects him/her to battle training. Appears strict, but has an easy-going side.

Suzukaze

Born into a family of ninjas who have served the Kingdom of Hoshido for generations. However, Suzukaze himself doesn't follow a particular liege. In contrast to his elder twin, Saizou, he's a calm and polite young man.

Saizou

A Ninja who has sworn allegiance to and directly reports under Hoshido's prince Ryouma. The polar opposite of his younger brother Suzukaze; he's a fiery and hot-blooded character.

Kagerou

A kunoichi who serves Ryouma. Starting class is Ninja. Often has to rein in the reckless Saizou. Along with Saizou, an ally in the Hoshido campaign.

Suzukaze is the ninja that'll side with you regardless of the path you choose, correct? If so I'm extremely pleased as IMO he has the best design out of the Ninja's. Also that Blonde Axe Fighter is looking like he'll be a character with a huge ego, or be psycho. (Judging by his facial expression) I like him.

EDIT: Literally ninja'd by VincentASM posting character bios.

Edited by Monado Boy

Character bios... Anyone who knows Japanese around to double check?

Felicia

A talented(?) maid who cares for the Avatar during his/her residence at the Kingdom of Nohr. A hard-worker who puts on a brave face, but a careless person covered in failure. An ally regardless of the Avatar's chosen camp.

Covered in failure? Ouch that's pretty harsh! Unless that's some sort of idiom that doesn't translate well to English.

If there were any chance I was going Nohr first Rinka/Linca just got rid of it. And is she for sure an Oni?

Just verified, and yes.

By the way, the ninjas' class translates as shinobi, is it relevant at all or are they interchangeable words in japanese?

Edited by Cysx

...Just noticed something peculiar.

Brave Axe: 自分から攻撃時2連続 (Twice when initiating attack)

Does that mean brave weapons no longer hit twice in enemy-initiated battles? Unless Galeforce returns (and thus rewarding hit-and-run tatics), this would mean the seemingly small penalty is actually much more justifiable than I thought.

Edited by nocturnal YL

This pretty much confirms that Saizou and Susukaze are the Abel and Cain from Hoshido. Some would say it was obvious but I have seen plenty of posts where they are not sure.

Just verified, and yes.

By the way, the ninjas' class translates as shinobi, is it relevant at all or are they interchangeable words in japanese?

I think it is the commonly used gender neutral term, ninja is guy only and kunochi i think has sexual connotations but I'm not sure and i think its just from tv tropes.

Would anyone like to discuss the tidbit from the final scan that says the same weapons will be named different things deending on the route you take?

At the top of the 4th scan, they show the same B-rank lance with two different names depending on whether you're playing the Hoshidan or Nohr route.

Not only that, but the lance then has further differences. In Nohr, that lance has 7 might. In Hoshido, that lance has 6 might but gives the user a +1 in def and res.

Seems like nothing is going to be simple this time around. We won't even have standard names for all the weapons.

I think it is the commonly used gender neutral term, ninja is guy only and kunochi i think has sexual connotations but I'm not sure and i think its just from tv tropes.

Kunoichi is just a female ninja. Shinobi is that actual Japanese term. Ninja is the term created by American cinemas in the mid-1900s. So Ninja and shinobi are interchangeable, but kunoichi is specifically female.

Oops! I posted this in the other "leaked" thread. Didn't see the digital one was here. I'm translating the entire thing, but did characters first. So here are the new character profiles translated:

Felicia
Voice: Sasaki Nozomi
Class: Maid
A capable (?) maid who serves the protagonist's every need within the Kingdom of Nohr. Though she has a brave personality that fights to the end, she is rather careless and makes plenty of mistakes. She is an ally no matter what side you choose.

Joker
Voice: Suwabe Junichi
Class: Butler
Just like Felicia, he is a butler who serves the protagonist in the Kingdom of Nohr. He is an ally no matter what. On top of being great at housework and other chores, he is an excellent fighter. He is unsociable and hard to talk to for anybody who is not the protagonist.

Gunther
Voice: Nayaru Kurou
Class: Great Knight
A Knight who has served the Kingdom of Nohr for a long time who made his name on distinguished service in the past. He serves the protagonist in his travels, aiding in fights and training. He has a strict, yet kind personality

Suzukaze
Voice: Ono Daisuke
Class: Shinobi

He comes from a long line of Shinobi that has served the Hoshido for generations. Suzukaze himself does not serve any particular master. In contrast to his older twin brother Saizou, he is a polite and calm young man.

Saizou
Voice: Shingasa Tarusuke

He pledges allegiance and is under the direct command of one of the central character of the story: the prince of Hoshido, Ryouma. A complete change from his brother Suzukaze, he has a personality that is hot blooded and can suddenly become fired up.

Kagerou
Voice: Muragawa Rie

A "kunoichi" who serves Ryouma. Initially her class is Shinobi. She often works to restrain the reckless Saizou. Together with Saizou, she is a character that becomes an ally on the "Hoshido" path.

Edited by Kirokan

Thanks to you both for the translations. I wonder why they're emphasizing Kagerou's starting class...

Would anyone like to discuss the tidbit from the final scan that says the same weapons will be named different things deending on the route you take?

At the top of the 4th scan, they show the same B-rank lance with two different names depending on whether you're playing the Hoshidan or Nohr route.

Not only that, but the lance then has further differences. In Nohr, that lance has 7 might. In Hoshido, that lance has 6 might but gives the user a +1 in def and res.

Seems like nothing is going to be simple this time around. We won't even have standard names for all the weapons.

Yes, it's been revealed a while ago that Hoshido and Nohr used different weaponry. At this point all of the six weapon types have brand new Hoshido parrallels, except for tomes.

Edit: As for staves it's unclear at the moment.

Edited by Cysx

Sure, help is always nice : ) I usually write up a transcript first and translate it from there, rather than a direct translation. So if you want to start from page 1 and start writing it as a transcript, that would be pretty helpful : )

Here is the part of page one dealing with the weapon triangle. I'll start on the interview on the left part of the screen

CONTROL THE BATTLE’S OUTCOME

Weapon Affinity Has Completely Changed from the Usual

In this work’s battles, weapons like swords, lances and axes have ‘affinities.’ These ‘affinities’ mean that if you attack with a weapon that has an advantage over the weapon that the enemy wields, a variety of effects can occur, such as it becomes easier to land a hit, and the damage increases. Each weapon’s ‘affinities’ are displayed to the right. Traditionally, the weapon triangle and the magic triangle were completely separate, but this time magic is covered in the regular one.

(Caption of Tsubaki v. Clan Soldier)

Against an enemy wielding a katana (a weapon equivalent to a sword), if you attack with a naginata (a weapon equivalent to a lance) that has a good affinity against swords , the special advantages will go to work, and the enemy’s characteristics will decrease. It is always important to be conscious of the weapon’s properties.

If you can dodge an enemy’s attack, then the damage you receive becomes zero. Depending on the way you fight, might it be possible to defeat all the enemies without receiving any damage?

(Caption of Tsubaki v. Archer)

Apart from the advantages of the weapon triangle, some weapons gain a boost in power against certain enemy soldier types. Bows display tremendous power against flying units.

If you don’t check the weapons your enemies are holding, your units could receive a lot more damage than you thought they would and could get killed! Unpreparedness is one’s greatest enemy!

Tsubaki’s death quote: Completely…my…loss…I can’t hear anymore…and yet... (Note: Unless it's a girl uses 'ore', Tsubaki is a guy.)

If you attack with a critical weapon, the damage amount will be in green!

(Bottom quote coming from Kamui sprite)

Think about the weapon properties when you fight! That is the best part of the FE series!!

Anyone noticed that in one of the pages the Heal staff has 20 uses? Are healing items not unlimited?

Healing Staff and other support items like that are indeed still limited! I just read over that part while writing my transcript. Full translation will be up soon!

Edited by Kirokan