3rd Route Chapter titles and Sypnosis (Spoilers!)

VincentASM

Before I start working on them, is anyone else translating the 3rd route chapter titles and synopses?

I'll probably try my hand anyway 'cause I'm restless XD

Note: Apologies for any Engrish or awkward text. It's nearly 2 AM for me and I can't think completely straight o__o

[spoiler=Title Logo]TitleLogo_AB.png

[spoiler=Background]In the 3rd route, you don't side with Hoshido or Nohr.

For some reason, the Avatar discovers the true culprit is an unseen nation, simply known as the "Invisible Kingdom" (Touma in Japanese).

[spoiler=Chapter 6 to 12]Chapter 6: Sinking Inbetween
Hoshidan Plains
At last, the Hoshidan and Nohrian royals confronted eachother. But for Kamui, all of them were his/her dear and important siblings. To end their suffering, Kamui had to make one choice.

Chapter 7: The Untold World
Dark Chasm
In the end, Kamui decided not to side with Hoshido or Nohr. For the time being, he headed for a hiding place to hide where nobody would find him/her.

Chapter 8: Stigma of Betrayal
Fort Tenzin (Jinya?)
Kamui decided to seek the co-operation of his/her siblings in order to defeat the Invisible Kingdom's King Hydra. First, he/she headed for Hoshido's Fort Tenzin to convince his/her Hoshidan siblings.

Chapter 9: Exile
Wind Tribe Village
Along with Sakura who trusted him/her, Kamui took a shortcut through the neutral Izumo Duchy to avoid unnecessary fights with his/her pursuers and escape the Stairway of Hell.

Chapter 10: Voice of the Gods
Streets of the Izumo Duchy
Kamui headed to the capital of Izumo to seek the legends of the "Fire Emblem", said to have the power to destroy the gods, to fulfill his/her promise to the Wind Tribe's leader, Fuuga and receive their co-operation.

Chapter 11: Coalition
Fuuma Forest
Having rescued Duke Izana of Izumo, the Avatar, along with his brother Takumi, headed straight for the deep woods to rescue the Hoshidan ninjas.

Chapter 12: Frozen Sea
Frozen Sea
Chased by Ryoma, the group headed for the Chevalier Duchy, which is allied to Nohr. After successfully raising the ship's sail, they met an expected enemy along the way

[spoiler=Chapter 13 to 18]Chapter 13: Lost Paradise
Destroyed Town
Kamui repelled the Ice Tribe's assault with his/her sister Camilla. After crossing the frozen sea, they finally arrived at the port town of Amuzia, but what they found there was a tragic sight.

Chapter 14: Nohr's Onslaught
Dia Harbour
In order to determine the truth of the oracle--the Sage of Rainbows--that Duke Izana mentioned, the group headed for the Nortoldia Duchy. However at the harbour where they planned to set off, they encountered the Nohrian army.

Chapter 15: Sage of Rainbows
Seven-story Tower
To seek guidance from the Sage of Rainbows, the group arrived at the "Seven-story Tower" at the peak of Nortoldia Mountain. To reach the top, they had to surpass several ordeals.

Chapter 16: White Flame
Rift of Flame
The "Fire Emblem" is the key to ending the conflict. To complete it, the group returned once more to the Infinite Chasm. But the fated moment when Hoshido and Nohr's skies are replaced with it inches every closer.

Chapter 17: Black Flame
Infinite Chasm
Kamui is successful in persuading Ryoma to join the group, but the great army of Nohr still awaits them. Can Kamui and the others survive what is to come...?

Chapter 18: Invisible Kingdom
Floating Islands
At long last, Kamui's wish is realised, as his/her Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings band together and fight as one. Together, they march towards the Invisible Kingdom--the unseen nation and the true villain behind the events.

[spoiler=Chapter 19 to 22]Chapter 19: Ruined Streets
Ruined Streets
With Crimson's death still weighing on them, the group set foot in the Invisible Kingdom. Now it is time for Kamui to hear the truth of the Invisibles from Aqua/Azura.

Chapter 20: Seeds of Distrust
Tethered Rock Formations
Guided by Rontao who had been caring for the Invisible King, the group crossed the bridge connecting the mysterious floating rocks in the sky. But on the rocks, they are ambushed by numerous monsters.

Chapter 21: Way Forward
Cursed Underground Ruins
Harbouring growing suspicious towards Rontao, Kamui and the group navigate deeper into the Invisible Kingdom. There, a fate not even their guide, Rontao, could imagine had been waiting.

Chapter 22: Memories of Mother
Lost Woods
Having settled Rontao's betrayal, Kamui and the others stepped forth into the deep forests. The battle there wrought bitter pain for Azura/Aqua.

[spoiler=Chapter 23 to Final]Chapter 23: Kindred Shenmei
Wobbling Bridge
Kamui and the others passed through the woods and, en route to the royal castle, once again confronted Aqua's mother, Shenmei. There, Kamui met with an most unexpected person.

Chapter 24: Glimpses of Past Days
Invisible City - Underground
The group overcame Shenmei's last moments, at last reaching the royal castle of Rouran. However the enemy waiting there embraces Kamui with new unanswerable doubts.

Chapter 25: The Demon Swordsman Lives
Invisible City - Training Room
The group heads for the end of the Invisible Kingdom's castle. But the inside is structured like a labyrinth and the path upstairs is out of sight. While desperately searching, Kamui is attacked by an assassin from the shadows-

Chapter 26: I am the Invisible King
Invisible City - Throne Room
After fighting countless hardships and grief, Kamui and the others reach their destination--the throne room. But the Invisible King the group encounters isn't the person they expected.

Chapter 27: The Result of Buried Madness
Invisible City - Collapse
The heroes of Hoshido and Nohr have united as one under Kamui. In front of them is the true villain and the fiend who caused the long-lasting battles. The final battle, begins now-

Final Chapter: Invisible Dragon Hydra
Invisible City - Collapse
[No description, because you've beaten the game by now]

[spoiler=Final Boss]Hydra - The Invisible Dragon. Despises and torments mankind for forgetting his/her great kindness.

Invisible Dragon - One of the First Dragons. Commands water. Can see the future and control peoples' hearts.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really like the sound of

Invisible Demon Kingdom

I was hoping if the third route was about both countries joining to fight the real baddie, it would be someone/thing more subtle than that.

Do we know how many chapters are in the third path?

Do you know where the others are? I could look through them.

SciresM dumped them here

If you'd like, can you help me double check mine first?

I think I'm handling the text OK so far. Although it is getting late for me now.

Don't really like the sound of

Invisible Demon Kingdom

I was hoping if the third route was about both countries joining to fight the real baddie, it would be someone/thing more subtle than that.

Do we know how many chapters are in the third path?

I couldn't think of a better translation.

Also, I haven't read all of the synopses yet, but I figured "invisible" is as subtle as you can get XD

...Added up to Chapter 12.

There are 28 chapters, like the other two paths.

I couldn't think of a better translation.

Also, I haven't read all of the synopses yet, but I figured "invisible" is as subtle as you can get XD

...Added up to Chapter 12.

There are 28 chapters, like the other two paths.

Haha I meant the "Demon" part moreso for lacking subtlety. Good to know it'll be a long campaign as well though.

...And there goes hope of an SMT-style Neutral route, ending off just as bad/worse as the others.

Edited by The DanMan

Added up to Chapter 18.

I feel a bit like I'm spoiling the plot of a movie in production.

Maybe I should stop while I'm ahead? XD

But the synopses are really short and vague...

Edited by VincentASM

Some of us want to be spoiled, and you've explicitly warned that they're spoilers, not to mention that synopses imply major spoilers anyways.

I see no problem with continuing.

But do as you will.

hah I'm glad this path also has another 28 chapters. Can't say I was expecting much from it

...And there goes hope of an SMT-style Neutral route, ending off just as bad/worse as the others.

SMT IV's neutral eding was so much better than the other 3 it wasn't even close, tho

[spoiler=Chapter 17]Chapter 17: Black Flame

Infinite Chasm

Kamui is successful in persuading Kamui into the group, but the great army of Nohr still awaits them. Can Kamui and the others survive what is to come...?

Well that adds a twist to the story. Kamui recruits themselves? This third route is going to be interesting.

Nevermind lol

As always thanks for the translations Vincent.

Edited by Kaplan

SMT itself has stopped doing that for a long time though... In games like Strange Journey and especially SMTIV, Neutral ending is clearly pushed as the main one.

Anyway,

Crimson apparently dies in the 3rd route, even though we've seen that character as a My Castle unit before, so it doesn't seem like you'll really get everyone in that route anyway.

Well that adds a twist to the story. Kamui recruits themselves? This third route is going to be interesting.

As always thanks for the translations Vincent.

I think that's meant to be Ryoma, not Kamui.

Edited by NeonZ

Yup, sorry, Chapter 17 had a mistake XD

I've added up to 22 now. Near the end : o

I feel like some of the chapters were translated really haphazardly.

Hopefully some experts like Kirokan can give me pointers or just rip them apart : P.

Finished.

Now it'd be funny if the 3rd route dialogue was actually in the game.

I doubt it, but then again I didn't expect the synopses...

Anyway, dialogue is probably too much for me to translate, so I'll leave it at that ^^;;;

[spoiler=]

No matter what, we lose someone in each route.

So fucking shame, guess we can't have 'em all.

(Nohr route= hoshido units, hoshido route= nohr units, 3rd route= Crimson and a few others I imagine.

Edit: Who's Rontao anyway?

Edited by Fateborn

Thank you for the translation. I guess it's a fairly cliche route for a third path, but at least Crimson's role suggests it won't make the other routes pointless.

Corrected a few things and made some naming changes.

Renamed "Invisible Demon" to just "Invisible" to make it sound less odd. NOJ just calls Hydra an Invisible Dragon anyway.

About Rontao

I have no idea. His/her help description says "the Invisible King's subordinate. Their form is now a monster.

So maybe he/she gets turned into a monster without their consent?

My thoughts

I'm tired as F, but it does sound a tiny bit cliche from the vague descriptions. It will be nice to have all the siblings together though... Maybe they can all support each other?

I've also seen the Hoshido and Nohr chapter titles and it's sad seeing everyone fighting because of the third nation's meddling.